About that Protracted Chorus of Boos

The booing was incredibly loud on the TV, so I can only imagine what is was like at BDS.

The booing was incredibly loud on the TV, so I can only imagine what is was like at BDS.

Unlike any booing since Chan got booed against VT. I think louder than the BC game in 2007. Fortunately, no one threw anything onto the field tonight. I was disappointed that so few booed the officials when they came out after halftime. The UNC refs got a nice chorus of boos after the half, but not this crew.

Unlike any booing since Chan got booed against VT. I think louder than the BC game in 2007. Fortunately, no one threw anything onto the field tonight. I was disappointed that so few booed the officials when they came out after halftime. The UNC refs got a nice chorus of boos after the half, but not this crew.

Chan's last game against UNC was pretty stiff as well...

That's because the UNC referees were very clearly awful and screwed us flat out. These refs were nowhere near what the UNC refs were.

The holding call on #8 was legit. Of course, there were many legit holds against Wake that weren't called ...

BOOOOOOO!!!!! I was one Booing SOB. Didn't get as ugly as the Matt Ryan BC/GT game several years ago, but I thought it might get there.

Bad PI call on us.

How many times does Derrick Morgan have to be put into a headlock before getting a call? I realize that the answer is obviously "more than one game". Refs SUCKED. BOOOOOOOOOOO!

On our way out of the stadium a police motorcycle with it's lights and siren on came by us going south on Techwood, followed by a van. The referees were in the van and yes, all who noticed it started booing the van!

The booing was VERY loud.

It continued after the call so that the refs knew we didn't forget.

Ok so how do we get the officals better in this conf? and is the SEC not awful officiating?

Yeah the SEC refs have made some big mistakes, BUT their commish has the integrity to reprimand them, and penalize them if need be.

The acc has a low life commish who will do anything to make sure teams from nc get a job from the refs.

Yeah, that makes sense. I bet Swofford is sitting there saying, "Okay, boys, we have exactly one team left that might have some national prestige. I think it would be fun to deliberately have them lose to a crappy team so NO ACC teams are in the national media! Yeah!!!"

No, he is sitting there saying, "do everything you can do to help the nc teams when they play anyone else in the acc."

He is a bum that cares nothing about how acc football looks to the rest of the nation.

You may already know this, but jacketup is one of the dumbest people on the planet. Just ignore him.

Yeah, that's why jacketup was invited to participate in watching film with both Curry's staff and Ross' staff.

How can you say that? It was a horrible call. Bebe was driving him to the sideline and he spun around and fell down. I thought they had called a block in the back at first, and was livid.

He had a handfull of jersey and didn't disengage as the guy spun away from him. It was a call that could have gone either way. I didn't say it was a great call; I said it wasn't a bad call--and it wasn't. Watch it again on film.

As my original post says, all the borderline stuff went against GT, and WF got away with it. That seems to happen one game a year against a NC or Va team.

It may be a blessing that we got that crew this week instead of next week.

Yeah the SEC refs have made some big mistakes, BUT their commish has the integrity to reprimand them, and penalize them if need be.

The acc has a low life commish who will do anything to make sure teams from nc get a job from the refs.

The difference is bias. The SEC may make mistakes, but I don't see bias. I see bias in the ACC.

We get a game a year like the one last night where substantially all the borderline calls go against us and the other team gets none. Morgan was getting raped, and not one holding call against Wake. Not one. Yet, GT gets 3 chop blocks-and these officials have no idea what a chop block is. They were just determined to make calls against GT.

We were held the same way by UVa last year. I still remember M. Johnson being choked by the OT as UVa scored the go ahead TD.

South Carolina left the ACC because of bias. We took their place.

Morgan was getting raped, and not one holding call against Wake. Not one.

I agree totally with this one. All of their drives were due to Skinner getting a year in the pocket because their O-line was holding the crap out of our D-linemen. It was hard to watch. Many of our drives were stopped by penalties too. We have to pull it together on offense for the Duke game. We might need 40+ to win next week.

I agree totally with this one. All of their drives were due to Skinner getting a year in the pocket because their O-line was holding the crap out of our D-linemen. It was hard to watch. Many of our drives were stopped by penalties too. We have to pull it together on offense for the Duke game. We might need 40+ to win next week.

Not so fast my friend. Duke manages 6 points and 125 of total offense against a fairly ****ty NC team.

On our way out of the stadium a police motorcycle with it's lights and siren on came by us going south on Techwood, followed by a van. The referees were in the van and yes, all who noticed it started booing the van!

I think is SOP. It happened at the end of the UNC game too.

Yeah, that's why jacketup was invited to participate in watching film with both Curry's staff and Ross' staff.

It is also the same reason you declared to this board for a long time that Paul Johnson was the second-coming of Chan Gailey and that his hire was the death knell of the Georgia Tech football program.

No, he is sitting there saying, "do everything you can do to help the nc teams when they play anyone else in the acc."

He is a bum that cares nothing about how acc football looks to the rest of the nation.

:laugher: Come on. Don't be stupid. That just doesn't make any sense at all, especially not for Wake Forest(small school, small fanbase, not even IN the Triangle) in a down year against the ACC's only outside hope for a national title shot.

Back