ACC ded

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Agreed. No sense in hating the SEC. They far and away put the most talent in the NFL year-in year-out.

Clemson has an awful schedule. OSU’s hasn’t been great, but they have dominated everyone and looked good doing it. Clemson has looked sluggish and disinterested much of the year.

LSU has a great schedule with UF, Texas, and AU...now Bama.

Bama has had an easy schedule, but also looked good doing it, just not as good as Ohio State.

I think they got it right. If they were trying to hype it, they wouldn’t have an undefeated Minnesota buried in the rankings when getting ready to play PSU.

IMO, PSU is way overrated, but resume deserving at this point.
Why is PSU overrated?

Buzzkill1974

Varsity Lurker
Why is PSU overrated?
I just have not been impressed with the games I've seen them play. I believe Minny gives them all they can handle and they lose two of their final games and possibly a third depending on bowl opponent.

They deserve their ranking, just think they tend to get a lot of love for blowing out bad teams, but tend to play poorly against guys their own size; ergo, a bully on the football field.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
So playing well against ööööty teams means they should be the #1 team in the nation? By that logic, there should be a 3-way tie in 1st between Bama, OSU, and Clemson.
3 way? I should get to a tailgate

nytech

Varsity Lurker
Been trying to work out in my mind if there is a way that NO SEC team gets into the playoffs - assuming that would require two losses
by all of them. Let's see - mutts lose to Auburn, LSU loses to Bama, mutts still win the EAST and beat Bama for the SECC - would a two loss
mutt team still be chosen over an undefeated or a one-loss team from another conference just because they are the champion of the mighty SEC ?
God, I hope not.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Been trying to work out in my mind if there is a way that NO SEC team gets into the playoffs - assuming that would require two losses
by all of them. Let's see - mutts lose to Auburn, LSU loses to Bama, mutts still win the EAST and beat Bama for the SECC - would a two loss
mutt team still be chosen over an undefeated or a one-loss team from another conference just because they are the champion of the mighty SEC ?
God, I hope not.
Yeah, a two loss SEC team probably gets in over Oregon but I cant see LSU and Bama dropping 2. Of course thats why they play...

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
God, I hope not.
In this case, they should choose one loss Bama and watch the mutts explode. I prefer the scenario where the mutts lose to Auburn, A&M and Tech and watch the Gators win the SEC East while the mutts go to a low level bowl.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Bama schedule is almost identical to Clemson schedule. Three new committee members and these three are all sec biased.