ACC players of the week

:stir: I will gladly accept the big cries in honor of all the posters who have been crying about the 'empty cupboard' 'no players who can compete in the G5 much less the P5' for the past 2 seasons. Plenty of egg on your faces having a CPJ recruited Offensive Lineman get ACC player of the week honors. :heelclick: All the CPJ OL recruiting theories just went up in a blaze. Good for Zach and CBK for getting him to that level.

and yet it took CGC for him to get his first victory ever against mighty Duke.

:bfd:. Zach got the award despite allegedly being too short and not having length and being FCS level talent. Does the coaching staff deserve some credit, of course; but the whole mantra about how crappy CPJ's OL recruits are just got smoked.
Well for starters, I'm not sure who gives out the ACC awards and what they look at, but Quinney ranked 5th out of the 7 OL that played for us Saturday per their PFF score. He was also 6th out of 7 in pass pro with a very low score in that category. Also, nobody said ALL of CPJ's linemen fit that assessment, but you are an imbecile if you think our OL recruiting has not gotten light years better.

If 2022 and beyond we aren’t regularly putting OL on the first and second team All ACC and having them drafted with regularity then Collins and Key have failed.

once in a blue moon co-OL of the week are not adequate.

Didn't take long for this thread go to full Gibbs, and rightly so. Good news is we're improving; an OL and a DL getting POTW is great news. Better news is our QB has multiple ROTW awards. Best news is our most electric player isn't even in that group.

If Jahmyr wants to take the rest of this season to get healthy, give it to him along with my compliments. Unless the NCAA doesn't want me giving him compliments. T-shirts are bad but cars and tats are OK, so I can never tell. Please just don't ruin this for me. I was there for Hollings and I still bear the scars.
I'mwith you on Hollings. He was something that Tech fans had not seen in years. Running for something like 600 yds in 5 games. If I remember right he got zinged on a KO return , limped off the field, Gailey put him back in the game with 4 minutes left ( Tech winning ) then BAM, gone for the year!! Stupid Gailey!

and yet it took CGC for him to get his first victory ever against mighty Duke.

Lost to mighty Duke as much under CGC as he did under CPJ, so what's the point? (Note: W/L probably isn't a path you want to go down yet)

Well for starters, I'm not sure who gives out the ACC awards and what they look at, but Quinney ranked 5th out of the 7 OL that played for us Saturday per their PFF score. He was also 6th out of 7 in pass pro with a very low score in that category. Also, nobody said ALL of CPJ's linemen fit that assessment, but you are an imbecile if you think our OL recruiting has not gotten light years better.

Light years better, no; better yes, but still not where we need to be. Way to dump cold water on a player's accomplishment.

You guys keep getting upset because I keep arguing our players aren't awful, not surprising; but still sad.

Light years better, no; better yes, but still not where we need to be. Way to dump cold water on a player's accomplishment.

You guys keep getting upset because I keep arguing our players aren't awful, not surprising; but still sad.
I'm not arguing that they are awful. I'm arguing that the ones we are bringing in are better. Also, not trying to dump cold water, just stating facts. He did perform well overall, point being there were others on our own team that seemed to perform better, so just thought it odd that he received that (co-)award.

Lost to mighty Duke as much under CGC as he did under CPJ, so what's the point? (Note: W/L probably isn't a path you want to go down yet)

point is, it took CGC to get Quinney the award and a win over mighty Duke, not PJ. Thanks 100% to CGC, we've at least moved back ahead of Duke on the ACC ladder. No more asinine, weak excuses about scheduling or how more awesome Duke's HS facilities and stadium is than ours.

There's no "C" anymore btw. He's not coaching.

+1

We have such a pathetic fan base.

If 2022 and beyond we aren’t regularly putting OL on the first and second team All ACC and having them drafted with regularity then Collins and Key have failed.

once in a blue moon co-OL of the week are not adequate.
As far as I am concerned, if it's 2022+ and we aren't regularly going to a bowl and competing for ACC Coastal, then Collins have failed.

Individual/position accomplishments are great, but the end goal is to win games and make uga suffer.

As far as I am concerned, if it's 2022+ and we aren't regularly going to a bowl and competing for ACC Coastal, then Collins have failed.

Individual/position accomplishments are great, but the end goal is to win games and make uga suffer.

those things aren’t happening without really good offensive lines.

Fake news. You clearly tried to make this a PJ thread.

Back