ACC players of the week

point is, it took CGC to get Quinney the award and a win over mighty Duke, not PJ. Thanks 100% to CGC, we've at least moved back ahead of Duke on the ACC ladder. No more asinine, weak excuses about scheduling or how more awesome Duke's HS facilities and stadium is than ours.

There's no "C" anymore btw. He's not coaching.

tenor.gif

I'm not entirely sure what he's talking about, but Duke has been investing a lot of money in upgrading their facilities over the last 6-8 years. The stadium's honestly lost a little of its charm (which was derived from how quaint and small and basic it was). One of the best things I ever saw was a CPJ team doing halftime on the practice field just behind the end zone scoreboard and landscaping to avoid the long hike out to the old visitor's locker room. I'd be kind of surprised to hear CPJ speaking highly of Duke's facilities unless they built a really nice new visitor's locker room.

JRjr

I'm not entirely sure what he's talking about, but Duke has been investing a lot of money in upgrading their facilities over the last 6-8 years. The stadium's honestly lost a little of its charm (which was derived from how quaint and small and basic it was). One of the best things I ever saw was a CPJ team doing halftime on the practice field just behind the end zone scoreboard and landscaping to avoid the long hike out to the old visitor's locker room. I'd be kind of surprised to hear CPJ speaking highly of Duke's facilities unless they built a really nice new visitor's locker room.

JRjr

please. PJ excuse makers here would bend over backwards annually to try to explain our blowout losses to Duke. From whining about scheduling to the laughable facilities argument. Just a bunch of crap.

And that dumb stadium of theirs hasn't "lost a little of its charm" - it NEVER HAD ANY. It's a damn HS stadium, at best. It's a wonder PJ's offense never did that great there, now that I think about it. Duke's a 3rd world country for football and it's a disgrace to have lost as many times in a row to them as PJ did. I'm glad that BS is over.

please. PJ excuse makers here would bend over backwards annually to try to explain our blowout losses to Duke. From whining about scheduling to the laughable facilities argument. Just a bunch of crap.

And that dumb stadium of theirs hasn't "lost a little of its charm" - it NEVER HAD ANY. It's a damn HS stadium, at best. It's a wonder PJ's offense never did that great there, now that I think about it. Duke's a 3rd world country for football and it's a disgrace to have lost as many times in a row to them as PJ did. I'm glad that BS is over.

I’ve been to every game we’ve played up there for 20 years or so. It’s one of my favorite ACC road trips. It’s easy, has good food options, people used to just hand you tickets on the way to the stadium. I liked that the restrooms were down a little path into the woods. It’s become more like a generic stadium than it used to be.

JRjr

I’ve been to every game we’ve played up there for 20 years or so. It’s one of my favorite ACC road trips. It’s easy, has good food options, people used to just hand you tickets on the way to the stadium. I liked that the restrooms were down a little path into the woods. It’s become more like a generic stadium than it used to be.

JRjr
And you get to see them Jackets right up close.

Back