ACC Schedule Release - Jan 26 - 3 pm

We have fared better vs unc, I believe, when they had an off week before our game. Not 100% sure.

Except for "healing" time bye week does not mean that much to a well coached team.

To me the back end of that schedule is brutal. Bronco Mendenhall-coached UVA the week before UGA? A VT with a surely improved offense the week before? Then anomalously decent Duke the week before? 3 out of those 4 are away.

Hopefully our O will find its 2014 form and be steamrolling by late season.

To me the back end of that schedule is brutal. Bronco Mendenhall-coached UVA the week before UGA? A VT with a surely improved offense the week before? Then anomalously decent Duke the week before? 3 out of those 4 are away.

I was originally inclined to agree, but I am generally at a loss at how this season will go. There are so many unknowns in just about every team in the Coastal.

The ACC is getting better. No real way to front load or backload heavily.

The ACC is getting better. No real way to front load or backload heavily.

The Coastal has certainly gotten a little better, and a lot of parity from top to bottom. Prognosticators can pencil Clemson in for the Atlantic, but there is not a single team in the Coastal that couldn't win the division if they avoid injuries and get the right ball bounces. With GT and VT underperforming, Duke and UNC improved, and good coaching hires coming in, I wouldn't try to predict our division this year.

Sweet we're still allowed to play football next season!

lol @ 5-day turnaround to play Clemson after an FBS team.

The ACC wants us to fire Paul Johnson.

I like the schedule. How can you complain with 7 home games. Just do what you are supposed to do and you can win games. The Vanderbilt game is the scary one for me because I worry that we will overlook Vandy when we are playing Clemson the following Thursday. We can get ready for Clemson in 4 days but we can't forget about getting ready for the Dores.

I like the schedule. How can you complain with 7 home games. Just do what you are supposed to do and you can win games. The Vanderbilt game is the scary one for me because I worry that we will overlook Vandy when we are playing Clemson the following Thursday. We can get ready for Clemson in 4 days but we can't forget about getting ready for the Dores.

If Vandy is as bad next year as they have been the last few years we will have no problem scoring a lot of touchdowns on them. Fwiw I really enjoyed going to Nashville in '09!

If Vandy is as bad next year as they have been the last few years we will have no problem scoring a lot of touchdowns on them. Fwiw I really enjoyed going to Nashville in '09!

'09 was definitely fun, but I remember even that game being kind of scary until well into the second half. Given our results last year, I'm not ready to write off any FBS team on our schedule.

UVA before UGA could be a good thing. More reps against the kind of OL/DL that uga normally puts out there.

no one knows for sure though. UVA could be terrible

'09 was definitely fun, but I remember even that game being kind of scary until well into the second half. Given our results last year, I'm not ready to write off any FBS team on our schedule.

They took a lead early in the second half but they couldnt stop us at all.

Whats the deal with the vandy series anyway? Was it home and away for '09 and '16?

Whats the deal with the vandy series anyway? Was it home and away for '09 and '16?

I forget if it had to do with our recent scheduling clusterööööery (Bama, Ole Miss, or the ACC 8 game, no 9 game, no 8 game conference schedule), or if it had to do with Vandy's scheduling. Hell, if it had to do with Vandy, it may have further contributed to our previous mess.

I believe it was originally scheduled as a back to back home and home.

I forget if it had to do with our recent scheduling clusterööööery (Bama, Ole Miss, or the ACC 8 game, no 9 game, no 8 game conference schedule), or if it had to do with Vandy's scheduling. Hell, if it had to do with Vandy, it may have further contributed to our previous mess.

I believe it was originally scheduled as a back to back home and home.

Maybe the Tennessee Chik-fil-A game next year bumped the 2nd Vandy matchup.

Sure is a lot of :bigcry: going on in this thread. The tougher the schedule, the better! Bring it on bitches!

Back