ACC stops everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I was on a call with the chief medical officer of Goldman Sachs and he said 70% of Americans will get it, millions will die, it will take the US a decade for the economy to recover. Sounds serious.
I would be curious how the Chief Medical Officer is compensated at Goldman.

As far as I can tell, there's a lot of CYA-ing going on. Nobody wants to be responsible for someone dying, and so long as everyone is panicky, no one will blame you for the economic toll.

33jacket

Dodd-Like
I was on a call with the chief medical officer of Goldman Sachs and he said 70% of Americans will get it, millions will die, it will take the US a decade for the economy to recover. Sounds serious.
i will take the under lol. What a great example of controlled fear mongering from a financial institution that seeks to reap billions in market manipulation lol

gnats67

Dodd-Like
Our state is stopping everything. For one already sick elderly death and a couple of cases of people recovering. Lol

what is going on. This is unreal overreacting beyond anything i have seen.
It's like the nobody can criticize Obama for fear of being labelled racist thing. That spun out of control and we're still dealing with the repercussions. Somebody's gotta pump the brakes.

wishbone

Dodd-Like
The ACC has kids on the road that their member programs want/need to get home. Bigger picture ...when airline pilots start to test positive, the conference has a responsibility to cancel large public assembly events(to not get you sick) and bring the kids home. Moreover, if their home institutions are canceling class after spring break and telling kids to stay home, then far be it from athletics to say sorry student athlete you gotta stick it out.

If the WHO (not the Tommy guys) calls it a pandemic...the institutions have to respond.

Last edited:

Techbert

Dodd-Like
How many people will die if our economy goes into recession?

Almost certainly more than would die of beer virus if we decided to not go into hysteria. The diff is they would not have their death linked to the economy or the overreaction to the beer virus. An old woman dying of pneumonia cuz she could not pay for heat here. An uber driver working too many hours and gets in a crash there. A myriad of causes, all economic in nature. Take away the recession, and they don't die, but since their deaths are not tagged as Caused By Beer Virus Hysteria they don't count.

Every year between 12,000 and mebbe 80,000 American die of the flu. Every year. Pretty sure SARS CoV-2 will be in that range or lower. We will see. But no one mentions the flu. It's just the flu, right?

Oh, well. At least the hysteria has people washing their hands now.

oldgold68

Bitter old man
Millions of Americans?

I wish he would bet me money on that.
Even if he took that bet, it would be with somebody else's money because it is Goldman Sachs.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
The ACC has kids on the road that their member programs want/need to get home. Bigger picture ...when airline pilots start to test positive, the conference has a responsibility to cancel large public assembly events(to not get you sick) and bring the kids home. Moreover, if their home institutions are canceling class after spring break and telling kids to stay home, then far be it from athletics to say sorry student athlete you gotta stick it out.

If the WHO (not the Tommy guys) calls it a pandemic...the institutions have to respond.
They are already where they are. Every time someone changes locations it adds tremendous risk to either the traveller of the people where he goes. This closing dorms, when there is no evidence of any illness is insanity.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Every year between 12,000 and mebbe 80,000 American die of the flu. Every year. Pretty sure SARS CoV-2 will be in that range or lower. We will see. But no one mentions the flu. It's just the flu, right?

Well, we still have the flu as well. It's not like the coronavirus replaces it.

wishbone

Dodd-Like
They are already where they are. Every time someone changes locations it adds tremendous risk to either the traveller of the people where he goes. This closing dorms, when there is no evidence of any illness is insanity.
You glossed over that part.
And this part:https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
Confronted with the facts and media scaremongering -no wonder the NCAA should cancel all their showcases until the rest of the world gets a grip on what is or is not going on.

Last edited:

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
How many people will die if our economy goes into recession?

Almost certainly more than would die of beer virus if we decided to not go into hysteria. The diff is they would not have their death linked to the economy or the overreaction to the beer virus. An old woman dying of pneumonia cuz she could not pay for heat here. An uber driver working too many hours and gets in a crash there. A myriad of causes, all economic in nature. Take away the recession, and they don't die, but since their deaths are not tagged as Caused By Beer Virus Hysteria they don't count.

I'm glad you aren't making the actual hard decisions responsible for protecting people

Status
Not open for further replies.