ACC stops everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I was on a call with the chief medical officer of Goldman Sachs and he said 70% of Americans will get it, millions will die, it will take the US a decade for the economy to recover. Sounds serious.
Would that be the same Goldman Sachs that .... , nevermind.

None really know.

I just pray ALL here, and their loved ones, are well

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
The numbers in China from a few weeks ago had it at about 15%. Obviously it's lower than that, but still significant.

I'm not really sure why some are so eager to downplay it. As a nation, you either take the precautions to prevent massive infection and live with some people whining that it's an overreaction, or you don't and live with people questioning why you sat on your hands.
meh, what's a few million dead people? It's "just the flu", only about 40x worse.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Millions of Americans?

I wish he would bet me money on that.
A 1% fatality rate of 70% of the population comes out to about 2.2 million people.
It's bizarre that people still think it can't happen, even as it (1% fatality rate) is literally happening everywhere else.
Except in places like Italy, where it's closer to 6%.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Bunch of damn idiots here. This öööö is serious. We are all going to get this sooner or later, but this needs to be spread slowly and controlled. We don't have resources or infrastructure in place to take care of the entire population of high risk folks being critically ill at once. THAT is the real concern. It's no longer a matter of "if", it's a matter of when. The closing down of schools and events is an effort to spread this out over time so we have the resources to save people. There are only so many ventilators, there are way more high risk patients. This is going to be a problem and soon.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I'm glad you aren't making the actual hard decisions responsible for protecting people
I wouldn't have made the stupid decisions that Italy made early in the process. You know, the stars of your "non-political" article. There are reasons Italy has more cases than anyone outside China and Iran.

I just would have protected people in a different way from how you would protect people. But if you love open borders and universal health care, and I don't know if you do or don't, then understand that those approaches have their downside.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Status
Not open for further replies.