Adidas outbid Nike for the Jackets contract

I like most of those golds... but I'm adamant that our uniforms (home and away) should be GWG. The occasional GGW is fine by me. I hate the white helmets.
I like the white retro helmets.

I despise the chicken wire helmets.

GWG should be our standard uniform and worn 90% of time.

that's not THE Ramblin' Wreck, of course.

This is. And the gold on the car doesn't match the gold on the flags.
130404839.d4pAxcjn.jpg
I count 8 shades of gold.

This is the VT game when they wore the rock helmets, correct?

If so, extensive footage from this game is used in the video they show at the College Football HOF. Pretty cool to see GT showing up so much.
Correcto, coit.

This:

2013-georgia-tech-throwback-uniform-620x413.jpg

is better than any of the Gailey-era jerseys, except for the 70s throwback.
I vote for this to be Tech's standard uniform using this shade of old gold.

I notice only Notre Dame and maybe UCLA are the only other schools to use this shade. Everyone else is using the shade that looks more like beige than gold...

This:

2013-georgia-tech-throwback-uniform-620x413.jpg

is better than any of the Gailey-era jerseys, except for the 70s throwback.
These are excellent. And it doesn't look too far removed from the throwbacks. Something close to those two are the shade I think we should have, and the ones which would give us a gold people could recognize as ours. The Gailey-era vegas gold uniforms just scream Purdue to me, the paleness makes them very bland in my opinion.

This is the VT game when they wore the rock helmets, correct?

If so, extensive footage from this game is used in the video they show at the College Football HOF. Pretty cool to see GT showing up so much.
Yes, except it brought back terrible memories of how bad we sucked in that game

Would be 100% ok with this color as long as we spent time on the helmet to get it closer.
Yeah, and as long as the replica jerseys aren't complete dogshit like what Russell puked out for the throwbacks

These are excellent. And it doesn't look too far removed from the throwbacks. Something close to those two are the shade I think we should have, and the ones which would give us a gold people could recognize as ours. The Gailey-era vegas gold uniforms just scream Purdue to me, the paleness makes them very bland in my opinion.
I couldn't agree more. There's few teams in college football that can rival our traditions and history. And instead we get uniforms that look like generic garbage half the time.

Back