After reading practice reports..

I have a one word reply for you
IDIOT!
So why don't you really address the problems? Who is the real IDIOT here? I refuse to always wear the GOLD colored glasses all the time.

So call me what I called you. For an old fogey you still have a lot of 12 year old in you.

Address the problems...I called the admissions office and asked nicely that they lower the standards to ncaa minimum for all athletes. They laughed as hard as we are at your incessant ranting.

I like my gold glasses... they sure beat the hell out of the red ones you wear.

OF there are not many 4 and 5 star players to start with. To suggest there are 20 of those guys who can and will do the classwork is probably in the ballpark, but we compete with Stanford, ND, etc for those guys. Can we recruit better? Sure. But so can every school in the country including Alabama. We have to do as well as we can there and use the players we get effectively, just like always. But anyone who thinks there are 20 4 star players in the country who will do the work to attend Tech just isnt' paying attention to how kids are these days. The stars dont' want to do the work, period.

I do agree we compete against the Bama's, ND's, Stanford's etc never said 4 stars. What I was talking about was guys who fits PJ system on the O and D. Agree with our limited curriculum we are handicapped it has been done and can be done again with the right people at the helm.
By the way KRAZIEJ what do you mean red glasses? Another thing your name on this board is correct.

I do agree we compete against the Bama's, ND's, Stanford's etc never said 4 stars. What I was talking about was guys wh fits PJ system on the O and D. Agree with our limited curriculum we are handicapped it has been done and can be done again with the right people at the helm.

Which coaches in the last 25 year would you call the "right" people?

I expected some "entertaining dialogue" in this thread, but not between OF & co. I want the OP to start posting here again so I can mock him some more.

IMO:

PJ is a upgrade on CG, but not a huge one. He could be if he wasn't so stubborn about altering his offense to make it more D1 competitive. I am afraid his biggest negative is he is so stubborn. He doesn't want to have to reinvent himself, that's hard work. He'll just move on the next program that can't recruit head on with the bigs when we run him off. Until then he will enjoy himself and play a lot of golf.

Having said that, we won't ever recruit with the money schools anymore. We seem to be doing a little better but I don't think we ever crack the top 25 recruiting unless we make it look better to the recruits, i.e. more passing on offense for example. Don't know how we sexy up for defense prospects.

The status quo changer could well be the disintegration of the NCAA in a few years. NFL developmental league, the push to pay players, the inability to police the cheaters, the big conferences wanting to run the show completely. The whole landscape on the talent equation could change then.

call up ceasar's

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

actually line is 7.5 since you are SO CONFIDENT you can fly down to vegas and place a 10k bet and pocket a cool 9k after expenses. Show me that betting slip when you get back.

Alternately, I could take his bet at a 10 point spread, and then bet VT at the Vegas line. If VT wins by more than 10, it's a wash for me. If VT wins by less than 7.5, or Tech wins, it's a wash for me. And if VT wins by 8 or 9, I double up.

Everyone on Stingtalk should do this immediately, while he's still offering the spread.

On coaching, I don't know who Oldfoggy thinks would have been a better hire, among those we interviewed last time. Newheisel? The last time I was this confident about our coaching staff was going in to the 1999 season.

Alternately, I could take his bet at a 10 point spread, and then bet VT at the Vegas line. If VT wins by more than 10, it's a wash for me. If VT wins by less than 7.5, it's a wash for me. And if VT wins by 8 or 9, I double up.

Everyone on Stingtalk should do this immediately, while he's still offering the spread.

You are assuming he'd actually pay up.

IMO:

PJ is a upgrade on CG, but not a huge one. He could be if he wasn't so stubborn about altering his offense to make it more D1 competitive. I am afraid his biggest negative is he is so stubborn. He doesn't want to have to reinvent himself, that's hard work. He'll just move on the next program that can't recruit head on with the bigs when we run him off. Until then he will enjoy himself and play a lot of golf.

Having said that, we won't ever recruit with the money schools anymore. We seem to be doing a little better but I don't think we ever crack the top 25 recruiting unless we make it look better to the recruits, i.e. more passing on offense for example. Don't know how we sexy up for defense prospects.

The status quo changer could well be the disintegration of the NCAA in a few years. NFL developmental league, the push to pay players, the inability to police the cheaters, the big conferences wanting to run the show completely. The whole landscape on the talent equation could change then.

I guess the honeymoon is over?

StingTalk needs a goon squad to enforce bets. Pay up or it's a broken leg for you.

We need to add a Discussion Board Betting Division to Stingtalk Gacial Ice LLC, that uses PayPal accounts to stake money against each other and records the terms of the bet. That's the kind of thing that could really take off, given how many people argue on the Internet. Sort of a shadier version of Intrade.

Hmmm....

I can name a coach we had within the last 25 years that beat UGA 3 times in a row.

He beat Jim Donnan three times in a row, with a younger more focused Ralph Freidgen as an OC and a Heisman caliber quarterback. If UGA still had Donnan, we probably would have won three or four of the last ten, easy.

We need to add a Discussion Board Betting Division to Stingtalk Gacial Ice LLC, that uses PayPal accounts to stake money against each other and records the terms of the bet. That's the kind of thing that could really take off, given how many people argue on the Internet. Sort of a shadier version of Intrade.

:cool:

It is an entertaining concept. Isn't there a StingTalker based in Las Vegas where setting up such a thing might be legal?

I'm glad now that the AA treats all our fans like ravening idiots who need to be kept at least 4 car lengths away at all times.

He beat Jim Donnan three times in a row, with a younger more focused Ralph Freidgen as an OC and a Heisman caliber quarterback. If UGA still had Donnan, we probably would have won three or four of the last ten, easy.

And a crap-pot of in eligible players on his squad and expanded quantities of academic exemptions. On the plus side he never succeeded in killing a player while here.

Back