After today, if u don't like TW or PJ, you're a f&&king moron & should root for UGA

Re: After today, if u don't like TW or PJ, you're a f&&king moron & should root for U

l.jpg

Re: After today, if u don't like TW or PJ, you're a f&&king moron & should root for U

Our heritage!? :bowrofl:

Our heritage is that we've sucked (absent one year) since the 60s.

30399190.jpg

Seriously, it has become insufferable lately. If you don't like Georgia Tech football, then stop posting and leave us alone. Expressing dissenting, negative, or unpopular opinions is fine, but I must have missed the rule that you had to be a complete chode when doing so.

30399190.jpg

Seriously, it has become insufferable lately. If you don't like Georgia Tech football, then stop posting and leave us alone. Expressing dissenting, negative, or unpopular opinions is fine, but I must have missed the rule that you had to be a complete chode when doing so.

:bigcry:

Pretty terrific commentary on the state of our program when we're citing three runner-up (or is that runner-runner-up?) finishes and zero trophies as some sort of accomplishment.

In the ACC, no less.

I like CPJ, but that statistic is not a positive.
We won one trophy, that it's gone because of D Rad's error does not change the fact that CPJ won it.

@ The haters. Sheesh...CPJ and the team leaders rallied a demoralized team to head into UGA with offensive confidence and a defense that has SOME attitude. The teams psyche was broken after the 2 OT losses but they've pulled together and are winning. It's easy to poit at the results and say, " wow what a terrible year!" But we're still :44 seconds and 1 yard away from being 9-2 right now IMO. Obviously we aren't but the team an program is not exactly a raging dumpster fire.

We can definitely beat all the rest of the teams we play. The offense has scored on ~80% of its possessions over the last 3 games. Fast undisciplined teams like UGA and FSU are good matchups for us so long as we have confidence and execute. We won't win if we don't think we can.

You have to admit, he has a fairly valid point. We aren't a football powerhouse year in and year out, and CPJ has had us at the top of the division more regularly than we have been under other coaches.

If we can get the defense sorted, we might just have a chance to be the best team in a mediocre conference on a regular basis going forward.

You have to admit, he has a fairly valid point. We aren't a football powerhouse year in and year out, and CPJ has had us at the top of the division more regularly than we have been under other coaches.

If we can get the defense sorted, we might just have a chance to be the best team in a mediocre conference on a regular basis going forward.

I actually agree. It seemed like he took a little too much pleasure in saying it (i.e. he is a chode), but his message is correct. Talking about our football heritage is pointless when setting expectations for the present team. All of our good heritage is a long time ago, and the game has changed a lot since then.

It's not insulting to our heritage at all to set a goal of being one of the best teams in the ACC. If we were greyshirting, paying players, and letting in NCAA minimums, then that might be an insulting goal, but we're not, regardless of whether people think we should be.

Objectively, it's really not even embarrassing to lose consistently to U[sic]GA. Looking at the two situations, there's really no reason we should ever beat them with the playing field stacked like it is. Of course, it's impossible for any of us to really feel that during this week, myself included, but it's true.

Sort of like almost being the tallest midget.

Beat the mutts and we'll grow.

I actually agree. It seemed like he took a little too much pleasure in saying it (i.e. he is a chode), but his message is correct. Talking about our football heritage is pointless when setting expectations for the present team. All of our good heritage is a long time ago, and the game has changed a lot since then.

It's not insulting to our heritage at all to set a goal of being one of the best teams in the ACC. If we were greyshirting, paying players, and letting in NCAA minimums, then that might be an insulting goal, but we're not, regardless of whether people think we should be.

Objectively, it's really not even embarrassing to lose consistently to U[sic]GA. Looking at the two situations, there's really no reason we should ever beat them with the playing field stacked like it is. Of course, it's impossible for any of us to really feel that during this week, myself included, but it's true.

Overall a good post andrew. What IS insulting to our heritage is our refusal to change in the face of a greatly changing game.

Corporate recruiters don't seek out our graduates because of their SAT scores or high school gpa's. They do so because our grads have demonstrated the ability to survive against severe odds and workloads. Is it any less of an achievement for an athlete to demonstrate the same achievement, albeit at a lesser academic level? Snobs and purists say, yes. I say, no, but that's just my meager little ole opinion.

Regards,
Z

@
We can definitely beat all the rest of the teams we play. The offense has scored on ~80% of its possessions over the last 3 games.

Unfortunately scoring 80% of the time probably won't be enough. Our defense is awful and full of quit.

Unfortunately scoring 80% of the time probably won't be enough. Our defense is awful and full of quit.

It is one thing to say our D is awful. It is quite another to say they don't give it their very best.

How many points did Duke score in the 2nd half?

Overall a good post andrew. What IS insulting to our heritage is our refusal to change in the face of a greatly changing game.

Corporate recruiters don't seek out our graduates because of their SAT scores or high school gpa's. They do so because our grads have demonstrated the ability to survive against severe odds and workloads. Is it any less of an achievement for an athlete to demonstrate the same achievement, albeit at a lesser academic level? Snobs and purists say, yes. I say, no, but that's just my meager little ole opinion.

Regards,
Z

The issue is that we have two very different heritages, athletics and academics. We could probably do more to help student athletes without hurting academics, but it won't be nearly enough given how far in the hole we are compared to other schools. Simply allowing more exceptions who will fail out of school or providing more support won't do anything to help us compete with schools like U[sic]GA, where academics aren't even an afterthought...they're not a thought.

The types of changes (i.e. easier majors, no calculus requirement, catering to kids who can't read, etc.) we would need to make to do service to our football heritage would directly infringe on our academic heritage and public reputation. You can't do those things in an athletic vacuum...people besides athletes will benefit from those lower workloads. Whether this is acceptable or not depends on your own perspective and how you view Georgia Tech.

I agree with your statement about corporate recruiters. However, the more people who are able to graduate without surviving those severe odds and workloads the more that reputation diminishes. It wouldn't happen overnight, but it would happen gradually and slowly as the non-STEM majors needed got bigger and more popular.

The issue is that we have two very different heritages, athletics and academics. We could probably do more to help student athletes without hurting academics, but it won't be nearly enough given how far in the hole we are compared to other schools. Simply allowing more exceptions who will fail out of school or providing more support won't do anything to help us compete with schools like U[sic]GA, where academics aren't even an afterthought...they're not a thought.

The types of changes (i.e. easier majors, no calculus requirement, catering to kids who can't read, etc.) we would need to make to do service to our football heritage would directly infringe on our academic heritage and public reputation. You can't do those things in an athletic vacuum. Whether this is acceptable or not depends on your own perspective and how you view Georgia Tech.

Six or seven players can make all the difference in the world, even if we don't have the depth the factories do. Actually, even this years team with just Joe Hamilton, Pat Swilling, Bebe, and Ted Roof would be very competitive.

I have never advocated the changes you list and have never seen a serious suggestion here or the Hive supporting such nonsense.

Six or seven players can make all the difference in the world, even if we don't have the depth the factories do. Actually, even this years team with just Joe Hamilton, Pat Swilling, Bebe, and Ted Roof would be very competitive.

I have never advocated the changes you list and have never seen a serious suggestion here or the Hive supporting such nonsense.

You said we are doing disservice by refusing to change in the face of a changed game...what changes are you talking about if not the types of changes that our competitors such as U[sic]GA have made?

Those are the changes which have put us at a big disadvantage relative to where we were back when our football heritage was built. We're trying to compete with teams whose players sure as hell don't have to take calculus, and in many cases literally don't even have to be able read.

@ The haters. Sheesh...CPJ and the team leaders rallied a demoralized team to head into UGA with offensive confidence and a defense that has SOME attitude. The teams psyche was broken after the 2 OT losses but they've pulled together and are winning. It's easy to poit at the results and say, " wow what a terrible year!" But we're still :44 seconds and 1 yard away from being 9-2 right now IMO. Obviously we aren't but the team an program is not exactly a raging dumpster fire.

We can definitely beat all the rest of the teams we play. The offense has scored on ~80% of its possessions over the last 3 games. Fast undisciplined teams like UGA and FSU are good matchups for us so long as we have confidence and execute. We won't win if we don't think we can.

Agree with all but the last sentence. Our faith or belief in the team has no bearing on what they do on the field. The team has to believe, but not us.

Still, I like our chances this year. Certainly they are no worse than most years.

And this is about all we can be hopeful for.

I guess by we I meant...the actualy players...not us as fans.

You said we are doing disservice by refusing to change in the face of a changed game...what changes are you talking about if not the types of changes that our competitors such as U[sic]GA have made?

Those are the changes which have put us at a big disadvantage relative to where we were back when our football heritage was built. We're trying to compete with teams whose players sure as hell don't have to take calculus, and in many cases literally don't even have to be able read.

Was "six or seven players" not clear?

Back