AJC Interview with Big Donors - good read

I liked this comment:

Basically makes it sound like TStan put the noose around his own neck.

I agree with PMC about one thing. One of the big glaring issues has been the OL, why is CBK being spared? Why would any decent OC come here to not only work with a coach whose seat is on fire; but to also be hitched to CBK and dependent upon his OL? Pnope needed to go; but the next OC needs to be able to bring his own staff. I could see putting a golden jersey on TChoice; but he is only one I would protect if I was TStan.
The fact that Thacker still has a job tells you neither Gef nor Tod had any master plan.

Whew boy. This article is not good. I wasn't a fan in the early 90's but I doubt it was worse than this.

Now that a tangible bar has been set, I think a public poll on who would like Tech to win eight or more games next season would be interesting.

Makes me wonder how much $ Tstan is willing to drop on an OC to help save his job.

Here’s how it goes down next year:
1. Tod gets fired as soon as the 8 win mark is not attainable.
2. New AD gets hired.
3. Gef fired after uga game when buyout drops.
4. New AD gets to make his own hire.
Thing is I'm not sure they will really hold to that 8 win mark and will wait and see for 6. Otherwise the path is very likely.

Here’s how it goes down next year:
1. Tod gets fired as soon as the 8 win mark is not attainable.
2. New AD gets hired.
3. Gef fired after uga game when buyout drops.
4. New AD gets to make his own hire.
I hope you're right. And hopefully the new AD has some sense. If that happens, then we can salvage our football program and build it back to where it needs to be!

GO JACKETS!

It’s a waste of time keeping Collins around unless you give him a HUGE budget for OC and DC. It’s going to cost the same in the long run no matter if he is fired this year or next. Time to cut losses and be done with him if all we are waiting for is the buyout to be cheaper.

After reading this a few times, I think the article was placed to force TStans hand to act now or go down with the ship. I can't recall reading equivalent pieces about other programs and this just seems so bad.

You mean consistently letting our worst Asst Coach off the hook for taking a 7 win Team and turning it into a 3 win Team, then yeah , my consistency is very fair & very much above board?

As bad as the Defense was, a better OLine means we score more, possess the ball more and win 4 more games, leading to a different off-season.

After last season there's no honest legit way that anyone can justify keeping Thacker & CBK on payroll.

This is a hill I'm willing to die on........
I ask you again for the 100th time.. who hired CBK and why don’t you hold him accountable??

Back