AJC Interview with Big Donors - good read

How can you read this small portion of an interview and possibly come to that strong a conclusion?
Because GT taught me to be analytical.

CBK was clearly the worst Asst Coach

CBK was clearly the highest paid Asst Coach

Explain to us, in what Universe do you keep the worst performer that is also the highest paid on Staff, also factor in OLine is maybe the 1st or 2nd most critical position Unit on most Teams, OLine is where you have to have your best Position Coach.

Taking all emotion out of it, I can be happy with all my opinions on this issue.

Can you?

I understand CGC hired CBK.

Is it at all possible, that CGC was not allowed to fire CBK?
Not possible no but thanks for asking

Let me add if that is possible CGC is a giant vagina and has no business being here

So he’s either a giant vagina or an idiot for keeping him... either way he should be the guy fired

Next season we start real strong we beat Clemson without Venables, plus they still have offense issues.

Olé Miss isn't guaranteed to have as good of an Offense that early in the season, plus they lose some key players on both sides to the NFL Draft.

We start out 3-0 mainly because playing those 2 "tough" games + WCU will happen before the physical grind of the season has the chance to wear us down with Depth and Injury issues.

VT, Pitt, UVA, UNC will break in new QBs, Duke is back to being Duke, Miami will be in disarray.

We might be able to back into 8 wins while showing only small levels of real improvement.

Just my way too early guess at this point.

Well, one more reason to long for the good old days, when the biggest contributors kept a low profile and spoke with the AD, Coach or President discreetly. Now, they want to be recognized and quoted, saying things that absolutely will harm recruiting, keeping players and getting good transfers, while drawing lines in the sand and making ultimatums. Threatening the AD that his fate will be the same as Collins is a good way to lose other coaches in other sports, some who might be successful. Big $ contributors can be a blessing to a program and they can be a curse. These two sound like the latter in this instance.

I did not like the Collins hire. I never drank the juice. But, I never want him to fail, because I never want Georgia Tech to fail. He has had three bad seasons. He has been given a fourth year. It seems biting our tongues a bit would be wise. Why not hope for a miraculous transformation this off-season and on the field next fall? If not, then act decisively. Public bashing of our coach seems to be an act of sabotage.

People complain about me, but from where I sit with my mediocre income and my mediocre brains, I would've waited until after the February NSD before I put that out there.

It was also put out there before January classes start so anyone on the current Roster that's on the fence might read that article and use that as a nudge to hit the Portal, it's almost impossible to Portal after you enroll in January classes and miss Spring Ball at your new School, & if you drop classes , you'll end up swamped in Summer School trying to get credit hrs to get eligible at that new School.

Giving that interview and not demanding that it be held until the 2nd week of February shows horrible strategic thinking & planning by our so-called Money Men behind the scenes.

Those same Guys would never give that kind of interview if it would impact the stock price of their company or a business deal in the immediate future.

Interviews like that you would never see from an SEC Program before NSD or before Classes started in January.

We're plenty smart, we're plenty rich, but we aren't plenty strategic when it comes to CFB in 2021.

Blindly hating CGC and being bloodthirsty for anything negative said about CGC doesn't help GT FB win more Games in 2022.

But, but, but, but whaddabout CBK?

He should've been canned and I wouldn't have to ever mention him again, that's not the same as this, we "couldn't" can CGC due to finances. (figured I'd answer the critics before they wasted their keystrokes)

I see what you are saying, but perhaps it’s the opposite. Maybe we keep players because they know they’ll have someone competent in 2023. I know that goes against traditional thinking but in reality no team has mass exodus when they suck or coaching changes. The media always makes it sound worse than it is. If you are a current young player do you risk entering the portal and not getting picked up or do you stay knowing you’ll have a new coach soon? Especially if you are looking at the big picture. I understand Gibbs leaving. He’s pro material. I understand Yates leaving as he‘s graduating. But anyone else who leaves will be easily replaced. The guy I hated to lose was Curtis Ryans last year.

Well, one more reason to long for the good old days, when the biggest contributors kept a low profile and spoke with the AD, Coach or President discreetly. Now, they want to be recognized and quoted, saying things that absolutely will harm recruiting, keeping players and getting good transfers, while drawing lines in the sand and making ultimatums. Threatening the AD that his fate will be the same as Collins is a good way to lose other coaches in other sports, some who might be successful. Big $ contributors can be a blessing to a program and they can be a curse. These two sound like the latter in this instance.

I did not like the Collins hire. I never drank the juice. But, I never want him to fail, because I never want Georgia Tech to fail. He has had three bad seasons. He has been given a fourth year. It seems biting our tongues a bit would be wise. Why not hope for a miraculous transformation this off-season and on the field next fall? If not, then act decisively. Public bashing of our coach seems to be an act of sabotage.
I too miss the old days but the boosters are living in a different world too. I think there’s some justification for being plain spoken here.

I understand what you’re saying and I agree with the emotion behind it. But this is the reason why I’ve been calling for Collins head since NIU. His presence at this point is toxic to the program. Everyone can see that unless we hire really impressive coordinators, bring discipline back, basically undo a bunch of players fun öööö Collins installed since coming here and go out and have a great season both he and the AD are gone. Losing your number one player is basically the writing on the wall. That’s why I don’t think we’re gonna be able to hire great coordinators until we flush out the fallout.

Because GT taught me to be analytical.

CBK was clearly the worst Asst Coach

CBK was clearly the highest paid Asst Coach

Explain to us, in what Universe do you keep the worst performer that is also the highest paid on Staff, also factor in OLine is maybe the 1st or 2nd most critical position Unit on most Teams, OLine is where you have to have your best Position Coach.

Taking all emotion out of it, I can be happy with all my opinions on this issue.

Can you?
I seem to remember someone arguing that coaching was irrelevant…

Key has significantly improved OL recruiting, that’s all that matters, right?

Back