AJC Interview with Big Donors - good read

Here’s how it goes down next year:
1. Tod gets fired as soon as the 8 win mark is not attainable.
2. New AD gets hired.
3. Gef fired after uga game when buyout drops.
4. New AD gets to make his own hire.

sm9CcaIh.jpg

I bet Segura and his buddies at the AJC are laughing their a$$ off after getting these comments from these guys. There is a time and place for everything and the time for this would be one year from now if the 2022 season goes south, just before firings take place. Undercutting the AD and coach as they are trying to recruit and salvage our program is unbelievable and juvenile.

I bet Segura and his buddies at the AJC are laughing their a$$ off after getting these comments from these guys. There is a time and place for everything and the time for this would be one year from now if the 2022 season goes south, just before firings take place. Undercutting the AD and coach as they are trying to recruit and salvage our program is unbelievable and juvenile.
The message is it’s not salvageable right now due to the idiotic buyout. But it is salvageable at the end of next year. And they just set an unattainable benchmark for Gef and Tod to keep their jobs. They’re done. That’s it. That’s the message.

Wish I have millions and people would listen to me . But heII I can't even get my wife or the dog to listen to me. And the cat just looks at me like leave me alone
Millions don’t make people listen to you. You would think it would, but it doesn’t.

Gregg Garrett was a mamber of the Hive back in the O’Leary days. We exchanged a number of private messages back then. Seems like a nice guy and certainly a devoted Tech man.
I talked to him back then as well. Just loves GT. He had his hand in everything, it seemed

People complain about me, but from where I sit with my mediocre income and my mediocre brains, I would've waited until after the February NSD before I put that out there.

It was also put out there before January classes start so anyone on the current Roster that's on the fence might read that article and use that as a nudge to hit the Portal, it's almost impossible to Portal after you enroll in January classes and miss Spring Ball at your new School, & if you drop classes , you'll end up swamped in Summer School trying to get credit hrs to get eligible at that new School.

Giving that interview and not demanding that it be held until the 2nd week of February shows horrible strategic thinking & planning by our so-called Money Men behind the scenes.

Those same Guys would never give that kind of interview if it would impact the stock price of their company or a business deal in the immediate future.

Interviews like that you would never see from an SEC Program before NSD or before Classes started in January.

We're plenty smart, we're plenty rich, but we aren't plenty strategic when it comes to CFB in 2021.

Blindly hating CGC and being bloodthirsty for anything negative said about CGC doesn't help GT FB win more Games in 2022.

But, but, but, but whaddabout CBK?

He should've been canned and I wouldn't have to ever mention him again, that's not the same as this, we "couldn't" can CGC due to finances. (figured I'd answer the critics before they wasted their keystrokes)

After reading this a few times, I think the article was placed to force TStans hand to act now or go down with the ship. I can't recall reading equivalent pieces about other programs and this just seems so bad.
These articles don’t exist because no program who has won it all over last half century would ever NOT fire someone after three straight 3 win seasons.

It’s literally never happened before.

Not one mention of CBK and the horrible play on the OLine.

My theories might have validity, our Big Money guy simply don't know as much about CFB as the big money guys at other Programs.

We will always have FB issues here at GT, being uber Rich and successful in Corp America is a different skillset than understanding CFB at the P5 level, we simply don't understand the Game

At least he does understand the inconsistency with firing CDP yet keeping Thacker.

I wonder who is protecting CBK, that OLine unit was just as bad as the Secondary , yet it goes unmentioned & unnoticed, the OLine was the #1 issue that caused CDP to underachieve.
How can you read this small portion of an interview and possibly come to that strong a conclusion?

These guys definitely read Stingtalk. I’ve been hearing all these same points on here. All valid. It’s WIN or GTFO time.

Well according to the “Big Money StinGTalkers” thread, we have four fonts who have given over $1M, so the question is who on this board is Garret and who is Zelnak?

supposedly $1m/year 3 years guaranteed
Yeah- or even more? What's the break-even math on this- if there is one? Thinking we could / need to go to $1.5-2 million for each of the OC and the DC.... If we're saving $4m on the buy-out, would that make sense to spend it on the coordinators and give it the best shot to avoid $7m in buy-out next year?

I think Ken just read a bunch of Stingtalk and made up this story about two fake donors based on his lurking here

I continue to hope TStan wakes up and does what needs to be done. This article gives me hope he’ll do that.

Thacker can move to LB coach, for all we know he is good at that. Where do you move CBK, special teams?
Well we can hope we get off of his previous work load. Finishing basically at the bottom of P5 on secondary efficiency should be enough to can him

lose to Clemson then WCU. hammer should fall. go 1-3 to start the year with WCU as the one win. hammer should fall.
No way. Will wait until end of the season for buyout amount to go down. That was the whole point of not firing him after this season.

Back