All you people deserting the team when we’re gonna be 1-11

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
This thread started out ATL, but then went down to BTL. Some douchebag Juice Squader ööööed it up for everybody.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
Louisville: Not enough is being made of the job Scott Satterfield is doing in his first year at Louisville..

I watched us play them last year and didn't think they were more talented than us. Could it be ................................... coaching?
Hmmmmmmm!

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
I didn't after 1994, bub
Since we're outing ourselves based on our length of fandom, I'll admit I absolutely did not desert the team after 80 and 81. Consecutive one win seasons for a new HC with zero experience. It was thought he would be a good recruiter, ask Ted Roof and Pat Swilling if they agree.

Everything needs a fast forward button.

President -> FF to whether or not they give a rip about athletics
GTAA -> FF to completion of AI2020 and release of a new master plan
Football -> FF at least one maybe two recruiting classes
Basketball -> FF to Pastner's termination
Baseball -> FF to Regionals .... you gonna get off the hump?
NCAA -> FF to whether or not CA killed you
ACCN -> FF to earnings release ... I don't think the first year will be stellar because Comcast is holding out and the commercials on ACCN are very late night TV-ish (about half of all commercials are medical products or My Pillow). As somebody who hypothetically knows somebody who knows somebody who saw Ferris enroll as a Nielsen house at 31 Flavors last night, I know people who are doing their part on that revenue equation.
UGAg -> FF to next loss, likely before the SEC-CG, but DEFINITELY then if not

I don't think we're at the bottom yet but we'll hit it in the next month or so when Pastner enters the meat of the schedule while this mess is happening on the football field.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Louisville: Not enough is being made of the job Scott Satterfield is doing in his first year at Louisville. That program hit rock bottom a year ago under Bobby Petrino, but Satterfield has got the Cardinals playing good ball. You could see it when they gave Notre Dame a scare in the season opener, and it was apparent yet again Saturday night in a road upset win over No. 19 Wake Forest — a team that was previously undefeated. It was a wacky game that ended 62-59 — but the Cardinals somehow were able to hang on and improve to 4-2 overall and 2-1 in ACC play. The trajectory of the Louisville program has flipped completely with Satterfield leading the way.

I watched us play them last year and didn't think they were more talented than us. Could it be ................................... coaching?
Or it could be that they had a QB last year (despite our score vs them) that was obviously talented to the most casual observers. And it could be that they actually had recruited some good players from the coattails of Lamar Jackson.

And, yes, it could be coaching. Anyone visiting the board here knows what great esteem Petrino was held in here - a great coach / man / motivator and it would take a legend to beat him. Because Petrino was that great.

Or maybe it is some ulterior analysis because the new regimes havent crossed yet. But since our last one beat Petrino the Great it would obviously beat the new LVille regime.

Just like it did duke 80% of the time during the past 5 years. Or the 58% of the P5 teams it lost to in the previous 4 years.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Those of us who got our Rat Caps in the early 80's say hi.
I don't know. I got mine in 84 and my first ever Tech game was a 20-16 upset over Alabama at Tech. Man, the frat rush parties were awesome that night!

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I don't know. I got mine in 84 and my first ever Tech game was a 20-16 upset over Alabama at Tech. Man, the frat rush parties were awesome that night!
Those of us who applied to GT in the early 80's just have a different perspective than those who didn't arrive until after 1990.