And more expansion rumor (this time GT!)

If we end up in the SEC, will the bookstore replace the 2009 ACC Champs gear with 1952 SEC Champs stuff?

If we end up in the SEC, will the bookstore replace the 2009 ACC Champs gear with 1952 SEC Champs stuff?

they'll also be stocked with F Auburn and Screw Bama lunchboxes. I've already pre-ordered my new lunch pail with a big "X" through the A of Bama.

so it is the SEC then?

they'll also be stocked with F Auburn and Screw Bama lunchboxes. I've already pre-ordered my new lunch pail with a big "X" through the A of Bama.

so it is the SEC then?

:laugher:

I'd be a lot happier with the SEC than the BigX. I'm not worried about the impact on academics, for Vandy is doing just fine.

Traveling to Auburn, Bama, Tennessee, Florida, maybe South Carolina and Ole Miss, most likely not to LSU and Arkansas.

Or...

Most likely not traveling to Ohio St, Michigan, Northwestern (who cares?), Penn St, and Iowa, and whoever else they have.

Hmm...hard decision here folks.

:laugher:

I'd be a lot happier with the SEC than the BigX. I'm not worried about the impact on academics, for Vandy is doing just fine.

Traveling to Auburn, Bama, Tennessee, Florida, maybe South Carolina and Ole Miss, most likely not to LSU and Arkansas.

Or...

Most likely not traveling to Ohio St, Michigan, Northwestern (who cares?), Penn St, and Iowa, and whoever else they have.

Hmm...hard decision here folks.

When was the last time Vandy contended for an SEC title? Our academics would not be hurt by being in the SEC. However, some of our athletic programs would have time competing with schools that can admit students who can't read or add single-digit numbers.

If the Big Integer goes to 16, we will not be routinely playing Iowa, the Goofers, or Bucky. They'd add Mizzou and Nebraska for sure and then let's say GT, Rutgers, and MD or Syracuse. The split would be east/west:

West: NU, Mizzou, MN, Iowa, Wisky, Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue

East: tOSU, PSU, UM, MSU, Indiana, GT, Rutgers, Syracuse/MD

This would be a great alignment, I think.

Wait, so I'm confused. Is the SEC looking at GT at all or is it FSU, Miami, Clemson, and Louisville only?

That seems pretty in-depth just for a rumor...

Yeah, things are starting to sound serious here. The Louisville thing doesn't really make any sense. However, things that are true usually have some element of unbelievability attached. I don't get why UK would be in favor of bringing UL into the SEC.

No, supposedly GT, FSU and Miami are for sure invites. They are deciding between Clemson and Louisville for the 4th spot.

Thanks for clearing that up. The big hypothetical question is: If Tech is a prospect for the BX and the SEC, and gets an invite for both, where will they go??

I can see why Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, Clemson, and/or Louisville would want to do this.

What I can't see is why the SEC would want to do it.

Thanks for clearing that up. The big hypothetical question is: If Tech is a prospect for the BX and the SEC, and gets an invite for both, where will they go??

I imagine DRad will play all sorts of games in that case. First, will either league pay our penalty for leaving the ACC? Second, there's usually a phase-in on getting money from the new conference. Which one gets us more money faster? Also, I think there'd need to be some sort of information from ESECPN and CBS about the TV contract's new value. The Big Integer Network's value should be pretty clear at that point.

I don't want us to go anywhere. Why can't they just leave conferences the same and just work on a playoff.

I can see why Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, Clemson, and/or Louisville would want to do this.

What I can't see is why the SEC would want to do it.

good thing for Arkansas and SC that they got invited when they did, not like either brought all tht many TV sets

I don't want us to go anywhere. Why can't they just leave conferences the same and just work on a playoff.
money.jpg

Back