And then there's this:

Everytime I read öööö like this I think some dumbass UNC fan wrote it just to sneak in the Tar Holes.

Honestly I don't think we are far enough out of left field to make that list.

I'm not remotely suggesting that we were left off - I don't think the Orange Bowl champ is out of left field. Virginia Tech??? UNC's offense is pretty nasty, but wtf does VT have? Tennessee? Why is everyone on Tenn's tip?

I'm not remotely suggesting that we were left off - I don't think the Orange Bowl champ is out of left field. Virginia Tech??? UNC's offense is pretty nasty, but wtf does VT have? Tennessee? Why is everyone on Tenn's tip?

SEC, strong recruiting class, blah, blah, blah, returning dynamic quarterback, more SEC smegma to swallow, blah, blah, blah, SEC smegma, blah blah blah.

I can't be the only one who sees the resemblance...

6_3237438.jpg

goomba.jpg

I can somewhat understand Virginia Tech considering their track record of MAKING it to the old BCS games but NORTH CAROLINA????

Dear God, make it stop.

I can somewhat understand Virginia Tech considering their track record of MAKING it to the old BCS games but NORTH CAROLINA????

Dear God, make it stop.

I see your point. VT was able to defeat Wake Forest on the road last year.

If UNC could stop teams from scoring 40 points, they may actually be a headache for us. Not saying they deserve any respect, but I see them as a thorn next year.

The best seasons UNC has come up with during the last 15 years has been a couple of 8-5 seasons under Butch Davis. I don't get why the media continues to hype them up every single year. Pollack was all over them during the signing day show last week.

I know it's that SEC thing, but I do think UT's backfield is gonna be pretty stout. UNC being included in the list is just plain funny.

I didn't realize their QB was returning. He killed us last year. Our D will be much better this year. But they will still score points and we will need to win the turn over battle. BB mesh development critical to 2015 success.

My glasses are rose colored but I still keep reminding myself we got to the ACCCG with major help from the Turkeys beating Puke at end of Season. It is amazing how narrow the window to success can be.

The best seasons UNC has come up with during the last 15 years has been a couple of 8-5 seasons under Butch Davis. I don't get why the media continues to hype them up every single year. Pollack was all over them during the signing day show last week.

It's not complicated. They have a huge fanbase, therefore the sports industries *want* them to succeed. Hyping them means better ratings when all those fans tune in, and more ad money from website hits when those fans buy subscriptions to Rivals so they can fap to their star rankings. The more I watch, the more I come to believe past success only affects future overhyping if it results in a bigger fanbase with money to spend. This is why UNC gets perpetually hyped despite never approaching 10 wins. It's also why teams with smaller stadiums like us, Boise State, and TCU tend to get the shaft.

Just look at the list of 5 again. They would like nothing better than for Texas and Tennessee to make the playoffs unexpectedly. Take the 4 biggest fanbases that haven't had much success lately and you have ESPN's dream playoff with ratings through the roof:

Notre Dame
Penn State
Tennessee
Texas

Herbstreit would hump the gameday desk if that happened.

I know it's that SEC thing, but I do think UT's backfield is gonna be pretty stout. UNC being included in the list is just plain funny.

Tennessee is going to be great, but not this year I think. They were probably one of the youngest teams last year and won 7 games. They may win 8 or 9 this year, but their schedule is still tough. The year after that though is when I think they will make a big splash.

Came to chuckle at UNC's preseason projections, left wholly satisfied.

There's a better chance of Chernobyl becoming a sunny vacation resort for rich people than any of these teams sniffing the playoffs.

I see your point. VT was able to defeat Wake Forest on the road last year.

Is the VPI PR machine this good? You are not the first person here who thought they won.

Final score:

Wake Forest 6
VPI 3

2OT

Why aren't YOU on it?? It's been a decade since UT has actually challenged the dwags for the east. The last 4 years of them and UF have been a total power void... funny that UGA hasn't walked away with the east every year.

Back