And then there's this:

Is the VPI PR machine this good? You are not the first person here who thought they won.

Final score:

Wake Forest 6
VPI 3

2OT

That gobbling noise they play in their stadium is just a high frequency brainwashing message. Brought to you by Dr Pepper.

I'm not remotely suggesting that we were left off - I don't think the Orange Bowl champ is out of left field. Virginia Tech??? UNC's offense is pretty nasty, but wtf does VT have? Tennessee? Why is everyone on Tenn's tip?

Why aren't YOU on it?? I've been waiting a decade for UT to put a respectable team out there and challenge the dwags again. The last 4 years of UT and UF have been painful. its funny that UGA hasn't run away with the East by a long shot

I meant moral victory; they only lost by a field goal in 2OT on the road!

vtech.jpg

How the freak did they beat us? Much less puke!

We did a good job early in the season finding ways to win. We weren't exactly beating up on anyone. Team started to really play well against Miami and ended up having one heck of a season.

How did UNC and Duke beat us? They had more points at the end of the game than we did. :wink:

What I don't understand is how people think Gene Chizik is going to turn around UNCs defense. Is he known as that much of an defensive guru? He made his mark as a DC at Auburn a decade ago with Auburn recruits. Then he spent two years at ISU as HC where the defense ranked 65th his first year and 111th his second year. Then he jumped to Auburn as HC with some pretty bad defenses. And then I guess took the last two years off while living off his Auburn buyout?

UNC isn't going to get Auburn recruits. And that defense is at an automatic disadvantage with the offensive style/pace they run. Looking forward to shredding that D again next year (and our D putting up a fight).

VT has the personnel to make a run if their OL play improves. That's a big "if" though because their OL was among the (if not the) worst P5 units I saw last season. I like our chances against them this year again. Their offense is going to have a tough time scoring on us in Bobby Dodd and our OL should be formidable.

I tend to not take people seriously when there last name is a frozen dessert.

UNC could very well be ranked when they play us. If they can beat USCar in the season opener (they have them at home), their next 3 games are patsies. They'll be 4-0, and we know how the media loves UNC. If they beat USCar they'll eventually crack the top 25 as they approach 4-0, and everyone will drink Carolina blue Kool-aid.

We have them at home. We want revenge from last year's heartbreaking loss. I think we'll beat them by 10+, and it will just add another "ranked" opponent to beef up our resume.

UNC could very well be ranked when they play us. If they can beat USCar in the season opener (they have them at home), their next 3 games are patsies. They'll be 4-0, and we know how the media loves UNC. If they beat USCar they'll eventually crack the top 25 as they approach 4-0, and everyone will drink Carolina blue Kool-aid.

We have them at home. We want revenge from last year's heartbreaking loss. I think we'll beat them by 10+, and it will just add another "ranked" opponent to beef up our resume.

And SCAR will get a quality loss and then they'll be ranked.

so has 247 replaced bleacher report as the laughing stock of "sports journalism?"

Tennessee is going to be great, but not this year I think. They were probably one of the youngest teams last year and won 7 games. They may win 8 or 9 this year, but their schedule is still tough. The year after that though is when I think they will make a big splash.

Is Tennessee one of the "eye-test" teams..? I don't see many big wins for them last year that makes them a contender .. They won 7 games last year, but 3 of them were crap teams. South Carolina was their biggest win (with maybe Iowa as the other).. and lost to every other halfway decent team they played. The wins against Vanderbilt and Florida were 7 point games..

Date Opponent Result
Aug. 31 Utah State W 38-7
Sep. 6 Arkansas St. W 34-19
Sep. 13 at Oklahoma L 10-34
Sep. 27 at Georgia L 32-35
Oct. 4 Florida L 9-10
Oct. 11 Chattanooga W 45-10
Oct. 18 at Ole Miss L 3-34
Oct. 25 Alabama L 20-34
Nov. 1 at South Car W 45-42
Nov. 15 Kentucky W 50-16
Nov. 22 Missouri L 21-29
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt W 24-17
Jan. 2 Iowa W 45-28

Is Tennessee one of the "eye-test" teams..? I don't see many big wins for them last year that makes them a contender .. They won 7 games last year, but 3 of them were crap teams. South Carolina was their biggest win (with maybe Iowa as the other).. and lost to every other halfway decent team they played. The wins against Vanderbilt and Florida were 7 point games..

Date Opponent Result
Aug. 31 Utah State W 38-7
Sep. 6 Arkansas St. W 34-19
Sep. 13 at Oklahoma L 10-34
Sep. 27 at Georgia L 32-35
Oct. 4 Florida L 9-10
Oct. 11 Chattanooga W 45-10
Oct. 18 at Ole Miss L 3-34
Oct. 25 Alabama L 20-34
Nov. 1 at South Car W 45-42
Nov. 15 Kentucky W 50-16
Nov. 22 Missouri L 21-29
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt W 24-17
Jan. 2 Iowa W 45-28

They've been pulling in talent like crazy and are a very young team. Combine that with playing in a kind of weak SEC east, and I think that's where it's coming from. I'm not saying they're going to be a playoff team next year, but I do think they're going to continue to improve.

They've been pulling in talent like crazy and are a very young team. Combine that with playing in a kind of weak SEC east, and I think that's where it's coming from. I'm not saying they're going to be a playoff team next year, but I do think they're going to continue to improve.

They've really dressed up Neyland too. Used to be a dump that looked like it was going to fall down about a decade ago. Pretty nice now around the stadium.

I will pull for Tenn to win at least one SEC East game next year.... I think they can do it

Back