Andy McCollum

bonham

Dodd-Like
So when we had Tuitt for all of 24 hours, I saw some posts that were complimentary of CAM for his his hand in securing Tuitt's services.

Now it is only fair that he should shoulder much of the blame for letting him slip away. He dropped the ball on this one. Yes, I get it. This class is solid. But has CAM pulled off anything really major on the recruiting trail since he took over the duties? I guess maybe Vad could be an example.

We are really missing Giff. Is there any doubt that Giff would have sealed the deal with Tuitt? He would have done whatever it took...more visits, better job selling the program, buying him a Mercedes..having sex with Tuitt's mom...whatever it took.

So when we had Tuitt for all of 24 hours, I saw some posts that were complimentary of CAM for his his hand in securing Tuitt's services.

Now it is only fair that he should shoulder much of the blame for letting him slip away. He dropped the ball on this one. Yes, I get it. This class is solid. But has CAM pulled off anything really major on the recruiting trail since he took over the duties? I guess maybe Vad could be an example.

We are really missing Giff. Is there any doubt he would have sealed the deal with Tuitt? He would have done whatever it took...more visits, better job selling the program, buying him a Mercedes..having sex with Tuitt's mom...whatever it took.

Can't blame CAM. How can he compete with whatever cash ND slipped into Ma Tuitt's purse?

Is there any doubt that Giff would have sealed the deal with Tuitt? He would have done whatever it took...more visits, better job selling the program, buying him a Mercedes..having sex with Tuitt's mom...whatever it took.

Yes, there is 100% doubt. Tuitt was going to ND no matter what. :gtfo:

From AJC article.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...-stick-with-georgia/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

“Stephon does like Tech, but I’m looking at this long term,” she said. “Notre Dame is a known entity that’s going to influence his entire life. That’s a big difference. It’s apples to oranges.”

Is there any doubt now our coaches dropped the ball on this? "A known entity"? WTF does that even mean?

The more I read her quotes the more upset I get. You're forcing your son to go to what happens to be a good school. Fine. No need to crap on GT.

A known entity that people now have the perception of overhyped recruits attending, those same overhyped recruits receiving overrated rankings, and subsequently underperforming in the NFL if they're able to make it past the perception bias in the first place...if that's the perception you want for your son, fine. No ND graduate has been treated well in NFL Draft talks...she doesn't really know anything.

Can't pin this one on Andy Mac. Sounds like Tuitt's mom had her mind made up from the jump that her son was going to South Bend, no ifs, ands, buts or genuflections about it.
The difference between a degree from ND and GT is ... what exactly. I'd like to know what Mama Tuitt thinks it is. (One of the reasons ND looked at joining the Big 10 some years back was in order to bolster its graduate schools, which are weaker by comparison. Good undergrad, though.)
Look at how many Irish coaches it took to visit the Tuitts yesterday. They brought everybody except Frank Leahy and Regis Philbin.
But nothing's official until that first Wednesday in February. Maybe Stephon asks Demon to run off a copy of his letter of intent for him to sign and send back to PJ.

I know this sounds like "sour grapes"--but--the kid after all is a KID. He has got to LIVE with his family and if "mama" was STRONGLY against TECH then he made the right choice. Unfortunately "mama" RULES in a lot of families and if the RULER has control of joy and happiness then you BETTER comply. Sorry the "kid" has to knuckle under--but--someday he is gonna have to stand on his own two feet and be a man. __( if it is TRUE that "mama" ruled.) I would LOVE to know of ANY ND pressure brought to bare--but--of course no one will ever KNOW.

CAM is doing everything he can, this thread is ridiculous and shouldn't be here. CAM worked his ass off.

Giff would have done whatever it took...more visits, better job selling the program, buying him a Mercedes..having sex with Tuitt's mom...whatever it took.

Good grief. McCollum got Vad Lee who will win more games for us than Tuitt would have.

Did you really want to start a thread on what you just got PWND for posting within an existing thread?

Sometimes the best policy is to keep quiet.

Good grief. McCollum got Vad Lee who will win more games for us than Tuitt would have.

Did you really want to start a thread on what you just got PWND for posting within an existing thread?

Sometimes the best policy is to keep quiet.

Yeah.... About Vad.

“Notre Dame is a known entity

This is very telling. With ND's TV deal, her son will get more exposure. Let's face it, GT doesn't have great sports marketing. If there is one area in which we need to improve, it's the marketing of our athletics.

People have to put themselves in the mother's shoes. We are all biased because we have a love for GT. As hard as it may be, drop that bias for a second and put yourself in a recruit's shoes.

Any of you venture outside of the state of Georgia? Then you would know that there are several people who honestly believe Georgia Tech and Georgia are one in the same. I know, blasphemy, but that's just the case. You tell someone you went to Georgia Tech and a few minutes later, they are telling someone you went to Georgia. They are that ignorant about it. The same thing would never happen with Notre Dame. That school is known by everyone across America. It has more name recognition and prestige behind it for common folks (outside of Georgia) than Georgia Tech. Even though that may not be warranted, that's the way it is. Perception is reality.

Ultimately we HAVE to improve the marketing of our athletics. The fact that we can't fill our moderately-sized stadium in a large southern, football-loving city is inexcusable.

From AJC article.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...-stick-with-georgia/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

“Stephon does like Tech, but I’m looking at this long term,” she said. “Notre Dame is a known entity that’s going to influence his entire life. That’s a big difference. It’s apples to oranges.”

Is there any doubt now our coaches dropped the ball on this? "A known entity"? WTF does that even mean?

Maybe we should have brought up a brief comparisson of the two colleges that she might relate to.

Most current known ND grad = Regis Filban (court jester)
Most current known GT grad = Mike Duke (Pres of the largest F'ning retailer in the F'ning world)

Somebody ask Mike to give her a call.

You dumb ****. CAM can't control his mom.
I don't pretend to know the circumstances of CAM's efforts, but I think it is safe to assume he knows how to recruit the mom as well. ND knows this as well. It may be easier to sell ND BS.

Back