Andy McCollum

I didn't think it was going to be, but that last paragraph really put it over the top.

The last paragraph was completely TIC but my overall point still stands. McCollum is no Giff and I really do think Giff would have closed the deal. If that is a dumb opinion and somehow makes me a disgruntled NC State fan, so be it.

The last paragraph was completely TIC but my overall point still stands. McCollum is no Giff and I really do think Giff would have closed the deal. If that is a dumb opinion and somehow makes me a disgruntled NC State fan, so be it.

I don't remember us stealing away a lot of DL from big programs after they committed. But I guess you could argue that Giff would have gotten him to commit to GT in the first place (or at least not committed to ND).

Giff was a great recruiter. I wish we had him back. It is a talent that could get rusty during his stay in the NFL.

Any of you venture outside of the state of Georgia? Then you would know that there are several people who honestly believe Georgia Tech and Georgia are one in the same.

Sad, but completely true. I've moved around a lot, and traveled even more, and in most places I've been, if I tell someone I went to Georgia Tech, they'll think a minute and say "Oh, yeah, the Bulldogs, right?" And these are college football fans that say this.

My experience has been quite different. I've been impressed with how many people say "A ramblin wreck for Georgia Tech huh?" when I tell them where I went to school. I don't disagree that ND has more national name recognition, but my experience with GT is the opposite of what you all described.

Bonham, any relation to Rupert Boneham from Survivor:

fbahL.jpg

As good a recruiter as he was, Giff never landed a 5-star recruit either. So I'm not sure what basis you have for such a declaration.

The longer CAM is here the better our recruiting will get. You have to establish relationships with the coaches, players, schools, and families. Giff did a great job establishing those relationship. However, CAM is doing amazing with the time he has had. This class is really good besides the D line. Give him time..

The longer CAM is here the better our recruiting will get. You have to establish relationships with the coaches, players, schools, and families. Giff did a great job establishing those relationship. However, CAM is doing amazing with the time he has had. This class is really good besides the D line. Give him time..
+1

True, but didn't he establish some of these inroads while he was at NC State?

Regardless, if we finish strong at NSD, I'll change my mind.

If he can somehow get Tuitt back, then I will eat some major crow.

True, but didn't he establish some of these inroads while he was at NC State?

Regardless, if we finish strong at NSD, I'll change my mind.

If he can somehow get Tuitt back, then I will eat some major crow.

He did make those inroads....to high schools in North Carolina. That's probably why we got Vad Lee and two other good recruits from North Carolina this year. He isn't going to have anywhere near as much connection to high schools in Georgia.

Also, this is his first year as a recruiter for GT. When people hire a new coach or hire a new coordinator, it typically takes something epically bad to go around talking about how much he sucks in his first year. This recruiting year has overall at least been average for us.

Having an opinion isn't dumb, but saying there is no doubt anyone else would have sealed the deal is.

WTF are you talking about? It's not about "controlling" anybody. It's about SELLING and the coaches obviously did not sell us to Tuitt's family.

It's not McCollum's fault. He chose to go to another school.

Quityerbitchin

My experience has been quite different. I've been impressed with how many people say "A ramblin wreck for Georgia Tech huh?" when I tell them where I went to school. I don't disagree that ND has more national name recognition, but my experience with GT is the opposite of what you all described.

I think you hang out with the same level of people I do. Some people here hang out with interviewees from Jay Leno's man on the street segment.

A person is not really a college football fan if they don't know the Georgia Bulldogs are not the Georgia Tech Bulldogs. It would be like Michigan State, the Wolverines right?

It is bad enough to not know GT, maybe you were born in 1991. But to not know its the Georgia Bulldogs and claim to be a college football fan? Please God don't get promoted to fry guy at any McDonalds I frequent.

As to the ND bashing, ND is a very small school with very rich alumni who unless I am badly mistaken take good care of ex players for the rest of their lives. Paying a player during school may be illegal, but afterwards getting a cushy VP job in Chicago isn't really noticed by anyone but future player's moms.

Back