Andy McCollum

Maybe we should have brought up a brief comparisson of the two colleges that she might relate to.

Most current known ND grad = Regis Filban (court jester)
Most current known GT grad = Mike Duke (Pres of the largest F'ning retailer in the F'ning world)

Somebody ask Mike to give her a call.

Mike Golic is pretty well known for being a fat, loud-mouth douche-nozzle. Maybe not on the Regis Philbin level of celebrity, but I'm seeing a trend.

Mike Golic is pretty well known for being a fat, loud-mouth douche-nozzle. Maybe not on the Regis Philbin level of celebrity, but I'm seeing a trend.
I bet you she knows who Regis is and that he is a ND Alum, and I gaurentee she shops at Walmart regularly and has no clue that the prez is a GT grad.

The thing that bugs me most of all is I think the kid wants to go to Tech. I would want my kid to go where he would feel most comfortable and that does not seem to be what is going on. Just sad.

The OP is from Raleigh. Must be an NC State fan who is pissed that CAM left State.

GT needs to change a lot of things about recruiting, but CAM is the one person who is doing things correctly. Dumping on him is stupid.

The OP is from Raleigh. Must be an NC State fan who is pissed that CAM left State.

GT needs to change a lot of things about recruiting, but CAM is the one person who is doing things correctly. Dumping on him is stupid.

Or it could be WrecknEffect in disguise. StingTalk, ATTACK! :wink:

You do realize that the Raleigh area is the home of one of the largest high tech areas in, like, the country? There are many GT grads here.

Any of you venture outside of the state of Georgia? Then you would know that there are several people who honestly believe Georgia Tech and Georgia are one in the same. I know, blasphemy, but that's just the case. You tell someone you went to Georgia Tech and a few minutes later, they are telling someone you went to Georgia. They are that ignorant about it. The same thing would never happen with Notre Dame. That school is known by everyone across America. It has more name recognition and prestige behind it for common folks (outside of Georgia) than Georgia Tech. Even though that may not be warranted, that's the way it is. Perception is reality.

Sad, but completely true. I've moved around a lot, and traveled even more, and in most places I've been, if I tell someone I went to Georgia Tech, they'll think a minute and say "Oh, yeah, the Bulldogs, right?" And these are college football fans that say this.

Last edited:
Seriously, Dorsey Levens and Albert Poree should give her a call.

This is very telling. With ND's TV deal, her son will get more exposure. Let's face it, GT doesn't have great sports marketing. If there is one area in which we need to improve, it's the marketing of our athletics.

People have to put themselves in the mother's shoes. We are all biased because we have a love for GT. As hard as it may be, drop that bias for a second and put yourself in a recruit's shoes.

Any of you venture outside of the state of Georgia? Then you would know that there are several people who honestly believe Georgia Tech and Georgia are one in the same. I know, blasphemy, but that's just the case. You tell someone you went to Georgia Tech and a few minutes later, they are telling someone you went to Georgia. They are that ignorant about it. The same thing would never happen with Notre Dame. That school is known by everyone across America. It has more name recognition and prestige behind it for common folks (outside of Georgia) than Georgia Tech. Even though that may not be warranted, that's the way it is. Perception is reality.

Ultimately we HAVE to improve the marketing of our athletics. The fact that we can't fill our moderately-sized stadium in a large southern, football-loving city is inexcusable.

True what you say about outsiders' perceptions of Tech, but I think this is more about Tuitt's mother's stubborn and antiquated pro-ND bias. She and Tuitt should be getting fed enough information about how great Tech is academically and athletically to be more objective about this than some random outsider.

hopefully, by the time that the decision must be made the Tuitt family will have come together and truly examine the realities of the situation

if Stephon is interested in staying in the South, Tech's reputation far exceeds that of Notre Dame in most areas that you would study at Tech.

now, if i was the kid, the way my mom is seemingly controlling my affairs, maybe i would want to move to Indiana...

Maybe we should have brought up a brief comparisson of the two colleges that she might relate to.

Most current known ND grad = Regis Filban (court jester)
Most current known GT grad = Mike Duke (Pres of the largest F'ning retailer in the F'ning world)

Somebody ask Mike to give her a call.

More people know Reg than Mike. I don't think you're making the point you think you're making.

This is very telling. With ND's TV deal, her son will get more exposure. Let's face it, GT doesn't have great sports marketing. If there is one area in which we need to improve, it's the marketing of our athletics.

People have to put themselves in the mother's shoes. We are all biased because we have a love for GT. As hard as it may be, drop that bias for a second and put yourself in a recruit's shoes.

Ultimately we HAVE to improve the marketing of our athletics. The fact that we can't fill our moderately-sized stadium in a large southern, football-loving city is inexcusable.

it is true , my one time girlfriend couldn't get them straight- she's from Ala

More people know Reg than Mike. I don't think you're making the point you think you're making.
Of course they do...10 fold...because the man is on TV...my point is the most famous ND grad is a F'ng court jester on TV...while ours is the head of the most recognized company in the world...Most intelligent people would be impressed by the latter.

Go back and reread the post...just try to slow down when you do

So when we had Tuitt for all of 24 hours, I saw some posts that were complimentary of CAM for his his hand in securing Tuitt's services.

Now it is only fair that he should shoulder much of the blame for letting him slip away. He dropped the ball on this one. Yes, I get it. This class is solid. But has CAM pulled off anything really major on the recruiting trail since he took over the duties? I guess maybe Vad could be an example.

We are really missing Giff. Is there any doubt that Giff would have sealed the deal with Tuitt? He would have done whatever it took...more visits, better job selling the program, buying him a Mercedes..having sex with Tuitt's mom...whatever it took.
Stupidest post in years. Period.

Back