Andy Reid pulled a CPJ today....

Discussion in 'Football' started by jts1207, Oct 17, 2012.

1. ContactBuzz

ContactBuzz Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Jojatek
    I agree about the lead question. He (reporter) also needs to take ownership of the 2nd question (instead of pointing to the random Navy fan he was talking to).

But ultimately the press is there for the fans (if the fans didn't care about what he had to say, there wouldn't be anyone there asking him questions - even bad ones). CPJ doesn't seem to get that part of it. And if he does get it, just doesn't care, then that's a shame.

2. Ish

Ish Dodd-Like

Context makes all the difference here. As far as I know, he's never said "my offense would've won but our players aren't good enough" in response to any post-game questions. He'll cite lack of preparedness, not getting the team inspired enough, or lack of execution.

I guess you could put "lack of execution" under the "blame the players" banner, but I think that would be nit-picking. Lack of execution just means there were areas of the game (blocking, tackling, whatever) that we sucked at. Plus, other coaches use it all the time so I don't think it's fair to hammer Johnson for it.

3. ThisIsAtlanta

ThisIsAtlanta Actually Nicolas Cage Staff Member

Loc:
    Acworth
    Team:
    GT
    Aside from all the reasons that we give to every idiot asking this question in every single thread on the board? No, that doesn't seem likely.

4. ThisIsAtlanta

Loc:
    Acworth
    Team:
    GT
    [​IMG]

5. ContactBuzz

ContactBuzz Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Jojatek
    When is winning going to appear on the chart?

6. alpha

alpha Dodd-Like

Loc:
    NC
    Team:
    wtf. srsly?
    As a fan, the press conferences, teleconferences, and radio show within the past week and a half have been all very insightful. I think he understood the need to justify his mid-season firing of Groh. Call me crazy but I bought into what he's been trying to explain. (Admittedly, we don't know Groh's side of the story.)

But I understand why he doesn't answer some of the questions with more details like if he's planning on keeping the coaches at their new positions next year. Who cares about next year?

7. ThisIsAtlanta

Loc:
    Acworth
    Team:
    GT
    lol n then i wz liek lol cpj dont care bout winning!#1!1!

totally trolled so hard u had to b ther

8. gt2690b

gt2690b Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Highlands Ranch
    Team:
    GT
    Yes.. and you always want to divulge specifically in what area you failed... thats why he always ends alot of his interviews with.. "and that is ultamitely on me.. i take full responsibility.. etc"

9. AE 87

AE 87 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Chicago, IL
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    So, you're saying that one overthrown pass and one dropped pass make the players poorly prepared or poorly recruited?

wow

10. hdtvfan

hdtvfan Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Milky Way
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Is this available in English? On second thought forget it

11. ThisIsAtlanta

Loc:
    Acworth
    Team:
    GT
    nm. you can't stop the tide, fellas.

12. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Seems like we've reached a point at 2-4 that every little thing CPJ says or does is going to be negatively construed and harshly criticized by many. It is what it is. The same was true for Hewitt (ridiculous cyberbullies comment notwithstanding) even at times when he wouldn't even say or do anything remotely worth a firestorm.

13. GTTerrific

GTTerrific Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Clermont, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Sure seems like it to me as well. People are upset and that's great. People should be, but sometimes I'm always surprised how people vent their frustrations.

Of course this is all Reggie Ball's fault as well as CPJ's. :wink:

14. GTTerrific

GTTerrific Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Clermont, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    That's what is meant by K. A. That's what the man is trying ot do. Sorry you can't see that. It's just ridiculous to think that CPJ doesn't care about winning.