Another fun BuzzOff story for you

JelloYacketDeleted062020

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I've been posting over there a little bit, but I finally got fed up with the negative attitude. It's obvious that there will be no overcoming the negativity of the few who claim to represent so many, so I decided to not post there anymore.

I ended my tenure with a post titled "And I'm Out", or something to that effect. In it, I didn't do any name calling or anything, but I did say that the forum was too negative for me, and that I thought that the excuse of "we're just being honest" with regards to lambasting our coach on a continual basis was flawed. I actually liked the argument - if you have a friend with an ugly baby, do you tell your friend they have an ugly baby?

Anyway, the administrator over the there deleted my post almost immediately. I normally don't have a problem with that - it's his forum - but he claims that BO is the only board where you can say what you want and not be "censored". This is so hypocritical, that I thought I would post it here. To top it off, I sent the admin a message asking why the post had been deleted, and his only response was "I hate goodbyes."

So hypocritical....

I sometimes go there just to see what they are..

saying, but never log in. Most of them are sick with hate, with Bee Bad having the worst case of illness. Their desire for CG to fail is much greater than their desire for GT to have success with him as coach and I consider them, the sick ones, to be a disgrace to GT.

TechPhi;

Like you, I got sick of the place and quit posting. In addition to claiming "no censorship" (even though peepad regularly goes in and changes posts without telling anyone, sometimes here and on the hive the mods will modify a post, but they'll leave a note saying they did so) they also claim no name calling, but I was called a "blind FOCer" and "idiot cheerleader" and much worse. (to be fair, I did some of my own namecalling and pretty serious ones at that to see if I would be banned. Nope.)

Oh, yeah, supposedly the reason I quit posting was because I was losing the arguements. Sure. Right.

Have you noticed that honest people that DON'T spend every post bashing Gailey and maybe even defend him a little over there just don't post for very long? I wonder why? Oh, I know, it's because they can't stand up to the truth and logic that Gailey was actually fired at the end of last season after the performance in the pitiful bowl game (as was popularly guaranteed on BO) and Braine is heading up a conspiracy to keep everyone from finding out.

That place is an embarassment.

BuzzOFF and the Hive even out, IMO. When I read either I'm amazed by the opinions that posters on those boards have.

Same old S*** , different day....

Well, Beebad has already given you your own thread TechPhi. Once again, another post regarding something said on another site.

I think the funny thing is the 8 guys on Buzzoff is they think they have this very large mass of people who truly buy what they are saying. Yet, when you look at the number of hits on one post its ridiculous. Over 1800 views with 20 some posters read my expose' of Buzzoff. Their response thread to my thread? Same ten people couple hundred hits.

They just aren't nearly as popular as they think they are, and they're so jealous because of it. Buzzoff is like the little geeky fat kid who got black balled from every fraternity and club. In retaliation for his own social ineptitude they want to torch all the popular kids. They want so desperately to be accepted. Kind of pathetic.

TechPhi, I mostly just read the message boards, but I wanted to comment something that you and Bogey have stated in this thread. TechPhi, you stated that the guys at Buzzoff are "a few that claim to represent many" well I don't see it that way, I firmly feel that the concensus among average GT fans is that the football programs needs to get better, and aren't real happy with the big losses, inconsistency, and only beating Wake in the conference in recruiting this year(according to rankings I know they aren't a very accurate measure). Bogey, I couldn't agree with your statement about Buzzoff any more. It does seem that they would rather see Gailey fail, than to see Tech do well, and this is where I disagree with some of there comments.

In my daily coversations with other Tech fans I must say that Stingtalk and The Hive are much more understanding than most of the mediocre seasons we've been having. I think we are in for a great season this year, but some on this board are already coming up with excuses for another 6-5 or 7-4 season and the guys at Buzzoff seem to be hoping for 6-5 to get rid of Gailey, I just don't know where I fit in

Re: Same old S*** , different day....

They sound kinda "Columbineish"...bee careful BOR! THWG

If someone posts on Buzz Off and

no one reads it ...
Is it still irrelevant???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Re: If someone posts on Buzz Off and

Best thing to do is ignore them. FWIW I don't know any Tech fans who are pleased with our last 3 football seasons. Some are okay with them in the sense that they thought it would be worse, but most are disappointed that we've lost games we feel we should have won each year and have suffered some blowouts that shouldn't have happened. We also had some upset wins that somewhat balances the ledger. Thinking that it could/should have been better doesn't equal the attacks on BuzzOff though. Many of those posters won't be satisfied until Gailey is gone no matter what his record is from here on out. That's the real difference I see. Those on The Hive and StingTalk who aren't Gailey supporters would change their tune if we begin to win the way we all hope we will.

ThomastonJacket

When I say representing a large group of fans, I'm not referring to people that would like to see the team do better. I fall into that category. I'm talking about the folks that want to fire Gailey and are actually hoping for a bad season so he is gone.

Honestly, it seems like the comments here about BuzzOff probably generate more interest in their site than BuzzOff generates on its own.

That old saying about something going away if its ignored has some truth to it. We all know they suck. Let them suck in anonymity.

It took a while, but beebad finally showed his true colors as an admin. For the longest time it appeared that even though I disagreed with him strongly, he was a good administrator. But after he deleted my posts and banned my account back when oldfoggy's loyalty to their forum was being questioned and I defended him, I lost all respect I had for him. The fact that he's done it again doesn't help.

[ QUOTE ]
BuzzOFF and the Hive even out, IMO. When I read either I'm amazed by the opinions that posters on those boards have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm amazed at opinions posted on both boards myself, but the depth of venom for Gailey and distain for the program encouraged and promoted on BO is in no way balanced by the Hive.

There's lots of negative posts on the Hive, but lies and innuendos are not tolerated on the Hive, they are encouraged on BO.

Jeez y'all seem a little hyper-sensitive over here towards BuzzOff. Here's beebad's comments about TechPhi's farewell post:

[ QUOTE ]
Why did I delete it?... This is a debate board, either stay and debate or just leave... No need to be a drama queen and write a "good-bye" post.. Dramatic good-byes are for soap operas...

[/ QUOTE ]

Where exactly is he wrong in this? Why leave a post from a guy who's gone and won't respond to any debate points anyone wants to challenge him on?

Just MO but I've always thought the "I'm taking my ball and going home" type posts are a ridiculous waste of board space...FWIW...

so let me get this straight

it's not ok to post a "good bye" post because .. you know, there's no need for that on a message board.

but it's ok to push pin a post disparaging Reggie Ball including a comment to the effect of "midget quarterback". because this can be debated by the people who choose not to leave that board.

indeed wreck n roll.

Why don\'t we just refer to them per their modus ..

operandi? I declare from henceforth their site shall forever be known as "DawgOn". Let peepad ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif) etal stew in their own juices.

Re: Why don\'t we just refer to them per their modu

heh, that's pretty good

Yeah, Mark Richt wants Gailey fired

I'm sure he hates the fact that he's never trailed against Tech since Gailey's been here. I'm sure he would much rather face a coach like Dan Hawkins and OC like Chris Petersen instead of the one two punch of Gailey/Nix that has put up a whopping total of 3 points in the first half against UGA. I defy you to find an UGA fan who wants Gailey out the door. I don't know why it bothers so many of you that there are people out there who don't want to settle for 6-5. In 2001, 8-5 was considered a disappointment. Now, we have 10 defensive starters returning, a QB with 25 starts, PJ Daniels and Calvin Johnson. Yet, people on this board are acting like 7-4 should earn Gailey a contract extension. I want a QB who doesn't say "fans expect too much of me" after throwing the second most INT's in the country. Gailey said he wanted to recruit the players who would "win the ACC and beat UGA". It's time he accomplished at least half of that. I don't what GEETEELEE is talking about lying. I've been accused of lying by saying 5 recruits that signed binding commitments after Gailey was named head coach were Gailey recruits. I don't know how that qualifies as a lie.
YLO: it's good to see you again. I thought you completely disappeared after your Bilbo = Sterling Sharpe prediction completely flopped.

Re: Yeah, Mark Richt wants Gailey fired

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he hates the fact that he's never trailed against Tech since Gailey's been here. I'm sure he would much rather face a coach like Dan Hawkins and OC like Chris Petersen instead of the one two punch of Gailey/Nix that has put up a whopping total of 3 points in the first half against UGA. I defy you to find an UGA fan who wants Gailey out the door. I don't know why it bothers so many of you that there are people out there who don't want to settle for 6-5. In 2001, 8-5 was considered a disappointment. Now, we have 10 defensive starters returning, a QB with 25 starts, PJ Daniels and Calvin Johnson. Yet, people on this board are acting like 7-4 should earn Gailey a contract extension. I want a QB who doesn't say "fans expect too much of me" after throwing the second most INT's in the country. Gailey said he wanted to recruit the players who would "win the ACC and beat UGA". It's time he accomplished at least half of that. I don't what GEETEELEE is talking about lying. I've been accused of lying by saying 5 recruits that signed binding commitments after Gailey was named head coach were Gailey recruits. I don't know how that qualifies as a lie.
YLO: it's good to see you again. I thought you completely disappeared after your Bilbo = Sterling Sharpe prediction completely flopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the heck are you 'sure?' Possibly you have an 'anti-chan' mentality but that's about it. You don't 'know' any more than the rest of us. What is this "I'm sure" business?

Poppycock!

Re: so let me get this straight

[ QUOTE ]
it's not ok to post a "good bye" post because .. you know, there's no need for that on a message board.

but it's ok to push pin a post disparaging Reggie Ball including a comment to the effect of "midget quarterback". because this can be debated by the people who choose not to leave that board.

indeed wreck n roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

ylo - where in my post did I even mention this post let alone defend it??? I've got no dog in that fight, I'm just commenting on this main topic of this thread...

Back