Another fun BuzzOff story for you

Re: Yeah, Mark Richt wants Gailey fired

3518techie, do yourself a favor, and everyone here a favor, and go back to BuzzOff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/puke.gif

Wreck N Roll

The reason that the BO mod is wrong is that he espouses the fact that he the board is the only place where you can say what you want, when in reality you can't. Otherwise you're being a "drama queen".

Plain and simple, he didn't like it because its not the same view he holds, so he took it down. Fine if he wants to do that, but don't go around acting like you don't remove posts or ban people.

No threats, no name calling, just an opinion, and it was deleted. Ironic, and hypocritical.

good post 3518 techie however, get prepared to be burned at the stake.

Oh yea, 3518techie, and take tml with ye.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/withstupid.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/readthis.gif

FHstinger

Great post 3518 Techie, I couldn't agree more. That's exactly what I don't understand, we've got all of the components that you listed and yet some Tech fans will be alright with another mediocre season!!! This is so frustrating I can't believe the expectations of GT football have fallen this far.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Another BuzzOffer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/puke.gif

FHstinger

I not a buzzoffer, i just agree with him but if i was a buzzoffer i would call you a "FOCER"

Ja wohl! FHstinger = FOCer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
some Tech fans will be alright with another mediocre season!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me where ANYONE has said that!

go down to the "What is acceptable next season" thread and read 95% of the post, I don't want to come off as an ass, but you asked me to show you where people are saying that, when it is the attitude reflected in a majority of the post in any thread that discusses how next year will turn out.

For some reason a lot of intelligent people don't understand the difference between mediocrity and reality.

That's what bothers me.

I predicted 7-4 with a win in the gator or peach to give us 8 wins. In this conf. I will take that any day. Now tell me i'm mediocre.

I will never make excuses and I don't have a problem calling some one out like I did Booger (he still won't answer my question) but had another person do it on bussoff.

It's gotten to the point now that people say the underlying reason for no "spring game" is because of the OL being thin. I think some people just like to hear themselves spout off and not say dick.

Hey today is saturday let's kick GT in the nuts just because we don't like CCG. It gets freakin old very fast.

again my feeble .02 worth of spat!

Mover, first off i've always enjoyed your post, and agree with you most of the time. Secondly I don't want to be considered as someone who feels like the guys on buzzoff, i agree with some of their post, but i have never agreed with the way they go about expressing there feelings about GT, as was said earlier in this thread it is like they want GT to lose so that Gailey will fail and i don't agree with that. Lastly, I don't feel that I am confusing mediocrity and reality, because the reality is that GT football hasn't been at the level that I wish it would be, and I feel that this year could be special. It kills me that people can be attacked on this board for simply expecting better things next season than 7-4, I for one am expecting 3 losses at the most and that's only because we probably have the toughest schedule in the country next yearwith all the tough road games. I wish that 8-3 or 9-2 wasn't viewed as unrealistic.

Thomaston, I understand what you are saying. Hell I expect 11-0 every year. 8-3 or 9-2 would be great. I'm just going by my experience of the last 20 years or so. No one can dispute this will be the toughest schedule we have had in 40+ years and I love it. It's about time we get rid of the pansy ass teams and put these guys on. I say bring on the auburns and ut and ua and nd's of the world.

I don't hate buzzoff either and I understand where their views are coming from i don't agree with them but that's just not me. I just hate the venom spewed that's all. They are in the minority and they know it. As I have said before i know of 2 ex teammates who despise Gailey but couldn't tell me why.

a previous post stated where Tech has been record wise the past 40 years. I believe we have had four 9 game winning seasons. where do people get off now saying we should be a perinnial 9 game winner year in and year out. Thats all im saying.

Listen, i'm like all great Tech fans I want to win bad. Losing sucks losing big sucks losing close sucks. but I have a real problem when fans are pissed because we only won by 3 points and then the venom is spewed again. I mean come on it's got to end sometime doesn't it?

Thanks for the kind words Thomson and Toe

I have no idea what Gnats is talking about. I was being sarcastic anyway. FHStinger is a country club alum who looks at the games on Saturday as a social event not as football games.
Rmover: We play 6 games against teams that lost multi-year starters at QB. That doesn't include Duke and Wake Forest. We get Clemson and NC State at home. UGA loses its starting QB, 2 top WR's, top d-lineman, top linebacker, top d-back and we get them at home. In a year we have 10 defensive starters returning, maybe the most experienced QB in the ACC, PJ Daniels, and Calvin Johnson, we are supposed to be satisfield with 7-4. When are we supposed to have a breakout year? We went 34-15 from 1998-2001. That's an average of 8.5 wins per year. Now, we have lowered the bar so much that 8 wins is now great in a year with a ton of returning starters from a top 15 defense. I don't know what history has to do it. With the right coach, right AD, and the right President, Tech can contend in the ACC for football instead crowing about going 6-5. We showed that in the 1998-2001 era. We don't have to become Vanderbilt

Well, to make you happy TJ, and assure that we don't have anymore "mediocre" seasons in any Tech sport, I suggest that we have it in all GT coaches contracts that if the team falls below a 60% winning clip in a season, that coach be fired (since Gailey finished 7-5 last year).

Using this methodology, Hewitt will be the first out the door if he loses to Clemson since we will fall below 60% (after all, the coach is solely responsible for any loss).

Having this in our coaches' contracts, I figure, will guarantee that we win 80% of our games in all sports and win a National Championship in football no fewer than once every 5 years. Recruits will flock to our shchool knowing that we'll give a coach no more than 2-3 years before showing them the door if they don't win the ACC and compete for a National Championship. That has to be the best way to run our program to get the results you need. Firing is always the answer.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10.gif

Well here it is TML, THE FLAME. I asked before, to you and teckie, and those folks on buzzoff, If not CCG WHO? You folks who want anybody but CCG always have a solouition to the problem you think exist, but never a cure. Who do you think can come, or for that matter, will come to GT and do what you think can and should be done with the FB program, WHO? I have not heard a peep from anyone as to WHO they think can or would come to GT and do the job they think can or should be done to take our program to the level they think it should be at now. Who, other than some position coach, or a pie In sky dream do you think is going to come to GT and take us to the promised land? Go out on a limb tell us all, WHO you think is going to do this,and If he's hired are you going to back him or will you be yelling for his job after 3 years.

Like it or not GT is a unique situation not anybody will come and not everybody will stay.
Those of you that have a soloution but no cure have no courage. GT, Like it or not has not had a consistantly winning football team since 1956.
I believe we can have one but I do not believe it can be as consistant as the factories and those that do are living in fantasy land.

IMO we must give our coaches time and have patience.
That, TJ, is not accepting medirocrity it is simply being Realistic.

[ QUOTE ]
have not heard a peep from anyone as to WHO they think can or would come to GT and do the job

[/ QUOTE ]

stateline did suggest the HC at Dalton High School.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

LMAO, JJ. That is about the only one he come up with and if we hired him he would never admit he said it.

Back