Another Viable Option For Fans Of GT Recruiting

Jacket59

Damn Good Rat
Hello fellow stingtalkers. I am Jonathan Rowe (aka vamosjackets on other boards). I am a former walk-on linebacker who graduated in '04.

As some of you may already be aware, I am now working with 247sports covering recruiting and the team. First, I would like to say that Rivals and Scout both do a great job covering recruiting and the intent of this post is not to take anything away from them. That said, I would just like to express that 247sports is quickly becoming another viable option for Georgia Tech fans to get recruiting and team news either in addition to what they are already enjoying from Rivals/Scout or as an alternative to those services.

Here are a couple of free articles to give you a small sample:

The Shaq Mason Quandary

Darren Waller Knows "The Good Word"

Also, while I am covering recruiting, doing interviews and such, I am more geared toward analysis than just finding out a recruit's top 5. I admit that I am not crazy about "stalking" high school players to get interviews and such, but I've found it to less weird than I expected. It is particularly enjoyable to interview a Tech commit who is excited about GT. I try to ask questions about football as well as other aspects of their lives to give a little more complete picture of the player you may end up cheering for on Saturdays. And, again, I will usually try to add in some analysis of the recruit, as well as providing analysis of the team during the season.

Come on over and check it out. Hope some of you will find it to be worthwhile.

Here's a link to sign up for a free 7-day trial if you want: https://secure.247sports.com/User/Subscribe/3

Unfortunately, because of who the GT 247 site is associated with, you are going to find very little support for it on this board.

Good luck to you though.

Ever since the conversion to 247, bbuzzoff is about as inactive as message boards get. Stingtalk probably has more posts in the last hour than bbuzzoff has in the past day.

Unfortunately, because of who the GT 247 site is associated with, you are going to find very little support for it on this board.

Good luck to you though.

Call me a noob, but who is the detrimental associate of 247?

Since bbuzzoff doesn't allow references to other boards, do you really feel like posting here is a good idea?

By the way, I've always appreciated your posts as well as those of steebu and and his "brother" (can't remember his name).

Unlike our recruits, the majority of us ST'ers honor our verbal commitments to ST, so you can bbuzzoff.

I have never seen one of your articles before. Your writing is definitely much better than Jim's. I have trouble reading Jim's articles because of the very poor write-up. Ironically you are the Tech grad, and Jim is the 'communications' grad from some place up north.

Hello fellow stingtalkers. I am Jonathan Rowe (aka vamosjackets on other boards). I am a former walk-on linebacker who graduated in '04.

As some of you may already be aware, I am now working with 247sports covering recruiting and the team. First, I would like to say that Rivals and Scout both do a great job covering recruiting and the intent of this post is not to take anything away from them. That said, I would just like to express that 247sports is quickly becoming another viable option for Georgia Tech fans to get recruiting and team news either in addition to what they are already enjoying from Rivals/Scout or as an alternative to those services.

Here are a couple of free articles to give you a small sample:

The Shaq Mason Quandary

Darren Waller Knows "The Good Word"

Also, while I am covering recruiting, doing interviews and such, I am more geared toward analysis than just finding out a recruit's top 5. I admit that I am not crazy about "stalking" high school players to get interviews and such, but I've found it to less weird than I expected. It is particularly enjoyable to interview a Tech commit who is excited about GT. I try to ask questions about football as well as other aspects of their lives to give a little more complete picture of the player you may end up cheering for on Saturdays. And, again, I will usually try to add in some analysis of the recruit, as well as providing analysis of the team during the season.

Come on over and check it out. Hope some of you will find it to be worthwhile.

Here's a link to sign up for a free 7-day trial if you want: https://secure.247sports.com/User/Subscribe/3

lol.

Thats all I have to say.

I always repected you and enjoyed your posts on the other board vamos. I am surprised though that you would come here and post this.

Yeah, 247 really hitched their wagon to the wrong cart when they affiliated themselves with BBuzzoff.

Unlike our recruits, the majority of us ST'ers honor our verbal commitments to ST, so you can bbuzzoff.

I definitely am not trying to steer anyone away from ST. I really enjoy this board. I think all of the boards have their niche. This was more for the recruiting and team coverage in the articles.

I definitely am not trying to steer anyone away from ST. I really enjoy this board. I think all of the boards have their niche. This was more for the recruiting and team coverage in the articles.

I'll check it out. I think the extra competition can only result in the other sites improving their coverage.

Just being TIC, man. I just visited the site. Hopefully you all can put together some strong, relevant stories about GT athletics.

Jim and I had it out bigtime back in the Gailey days. There was a lot of ridiculous stuff going on on all of the boards back then, especially his. In my dealings with him these days (and we've had some pretty serious conversations about all of that stuff) I've found him to be a pretty changed guy when it comes to all that. I'm just glad the fanbase is much more united these days.

But, I understand the negative sentiments of those who expressed them, and if you see that as too big of an obstacle, I don't blame you.

Jim Hart is a knucklehead and a Vagina to boot. I am surprised that you being a former player for GT that you feel comfortable working for that Piece of ****. Guy has gone out of his way to piss all over your alma mater.

You were probably not around to hear any of his rants, but here's a couple you can chew on:

Jim Hart on supporting GT athletics:

“Seasons tickets in most cases and most situations are a bad idea and a bad investment. However, if you usually need 4 or less seats together and you are the average fan on an average budget you will do better by not buying season tickets. For example, take the average fan with an average amount of money to donate. That individual is going to end up with an average seat with an average view. No more, no less. However, if the average fan went down to the stadium with a diagram of the seating chart in his hand 2 hours before the game and walked around talking to people who have extra seats he is in most all cases going to find seats that are better and in many cases far better than he would have had he made a donation and bought them from the Tech ticket office. There's a ton of good seats available at most Georgia Tech football games. Don't forget, a lot of Tech alumni are dispersed throught the country yet buy season tickets and at the last minute are unable to attend.”

Again, on supporting GT:

“Do not spend money at any home games, you made a mistake donating and buying tickets to this mess but you can still send a message. Eat well before the game by stopping at an all you can eat brunch before or go to aplace like Waffle House. For $8 you can eat yourself into a coma at Waffle House, all $8 buys you at a Tech game is a hotdog or sandwich that tastes like cardboard and a soda which is a cup of sugar water.

Don't buy any programs. You can read that **** all week online for nothing until your head is ready to explode.

Park in a private lot, do not give your money away to the GTAA by spending it in any Georgia Tech lots.

You got to keep hurting the GTAA where it hurts 'em most and that is in the wallet until they get rid of Gailey. “

Tough guy Jim Hart on GT students:
“They panned the Tech student section at the game Saturday and it was a sea of pencil necks, hollow cheeks, sunken chests and coat hanger arms. A couple thousand unathletic nerds all crammed into a small space.

Don't they feed students any protein down there or are they all living on boxes of Fruit Loops and Captain Crunch?

Had a good chuckle seeing all these weak, unathletic nerds on my TV screen then think of the threatening, obnoxious emails I get.

The fact of the matter is this nerds: I could spit in your faces and bitch slap the taste out of every one of you turds hiding behind your computers with your pencil necks, your hollow cheeks and your coathanger arms.

Deal with it.”

I'm still waiting for Jim Hart to have the fortitude to meet me in person. Guy is a pussy.

Hi. Thanks for stopping by, and thank you for your contributions to our football program. I'd be happy to buy you a beer sometime. I have a question.

If I were to click on either of the links you have above, does Jim gain any sort of benefit whatsoever? Like a penny a hit for advertising or something? Increased notoriety? Heather Spinach's phone number?

Just checking. Because if so, I think I'd rather you just copy/paste the article here, thereby increasing your own notoriety and prevalence covering Tech sports without giving a shred of anything to that dickwad.

Thanks in advance.

Jim and I had it out bigtime back in the Gailey days. There was a lot of ridiculous stuff going on on all of the boards back then, especially his. In my dealings with him these days (and we've had some pretty serious conversations about all of that stuff) I've found him to be a pretty changed guy when it comes to all that. I'm just glad the fanbase is much more united these days.

But, I understand the negative sentiments of those who expressed them, and if you see that as too big of an obstacle, I don't blame you.

Jim wrote me a confrontational email a few months ago when I openly complained that the new board looked like ****, took 5 minutes to load, and half the posts were pay to read. After a few months I decided to give it a go again. I posted four non troll posts and was promptly banned. He alienated a good chunk of the old board when he switched over to 24/7, and quiet frankly he needs a lot more change before I will take him or that board seriously again.

Again, no disrespect to you Vamos. I always thought you were a top quality poster and had great insight. I suppose you heard Wrecks turned out to be a major UGA troll?

Jim Hart is a knucklehead and a Vagina to boot. I am surprised that you being a former player for GT that you feel comfortable working for that Piece of ****. Guy has gone out of his way to piss all over your alma mater.

You were probably not around to hear any of his rants, but here's a couple you can chew on:

Jim Hart on supporting GT athletics:

“Seasons tickets in most cases and most situations are a bad idea and a bad investment. However, if you usually need 4 or less seats together and you are the average fan on an average budget you will do better by not buying season tickets. For example, take the average fan with an average amount of money to donate. That individual is going to end up with an average seat with an average view. No more, no less. However, if the average fan went down to the stadium with a diagram of the seating chart in his hand 2 hours before the game and walked around talking to people who have extra seats he is in most all cases going to find seats that are better and in many cases far better than he would have had he made a donation and bought them from the Tech ticket office. There's a ton of good seats available at most Georgia Tech football games. Don't forget, a lot of Tech alumni are dispersed throught the country yet buy season tickets and at the last minute are unable to attend.”

Again, on supporting GT:

“Do not spend money at any home games, you made a mistake donating and buying tickets to this mess but you can still send a message. Eat well before the game by stopping at an all you can eat brunch before or go to aplace like Waffle House. For $8 you can eat yourself into a coma at Waffle House, all $8 buys you at a Tech game is a hotdog or sandwich that tastes like cardboard and a soda which is a cup of sugar water.

Don't buy any programs. You can read that **** all week online for nothing until your head is ready to explode.

Park in a private lot, do not give your money away to the GTAA by spending it in any Georgia Tech lots.

You got to keep hurting the GTAA where it hurts 'em most and that is in the wallet until they get rid of Gailey. “

Tough guy Jim Hart on GT students:
“They panned the Tech student section at the game Saturday and it was a sea of pencil necks, hollow cheeks, sunken chests and coat hanger arms. A couple thousand unathletic nerds all crammed into a small space.

Don't they feed students any protein down there or are they all living on boxes of Fruit Loops and Captain Crunch?

Had a good chuckle seeing all these weak, unathletic nerds on my TV screen then think of the threatening, obnoxious emails I get.

The fact of the matter is this nerds: I could spit in your faces and bitch slap the taste out of every one of you turds hiding behind your computers with your pencil necks, your hollow cheeks and your coathanger arms.

Deal with it.”

I'm still waiting for Jim Hart to have the fortitude to meet me in person. Guy is a pussy.

BOR, you are right, that is some messed up stuff. And, I went to battle with him on that stuff back then, and got kicked off his board for a while. Since then, there has been a lot of reconciliation. Jim has apologized to me on the board as well as over the phone. He has admitted that he was off base in the way he handled things back then. From what I've seen, that seemed to be sincere because of the way he's handled himself since then.

But, I know where you're coming from; I totally do. And, like I said, I don't blame you.

Vamos, I respect you for what you did but I am at a loss as to why you would hitch your star to a Jim Hart. I one day posted that "you could not say anything about a national correspondent". Yep I was banned for that statement. Hart wrote a friend emails, I have hard copies of those email if you want to see, and said I called her a bitch and whore. That jerk is a liar and I'd tell it to his face if I ever see him again. Besides he will change a post and has changed post to suit his agenda. POS! Well I'm here now and I'll say it HD is no real ACC correspondent. POS the way he ran the board. And, I was one of the few that supported that board when it first started. Also as one person put it did she name her baby JIMBO?

I think BOR was being kind in what he said about Jim Hart. I could give you a lot more about Jim Hart but oh well. I was told by a GTAA guy that they did not like Jim Hart nor did they trust him So as for me Jim Hart can KISS OLE RUSTY.

EDIT: If you want I still have emails hart sent me those that have read them, actually laughed at him. I can post them or send them to you as a PM. As that famous person who attended the University of Alabama, said STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

Last edited:
I 'participate' and read all three of the boards, Hive, ST, and Bbuzzoff because I am a fan of GT Athletics FIRST. (been a GT fan since 1974, 'attended' GT, FIVE immediate family members are alumni from my dad '43 CE to my Nephew '10 Mtrain.

I was not around ST and Bbuzzoff when the mud was slinging. About two years ago I 'stumbled' on MTM Radio and BBuzzoff. Not knowing about the 'bad blood', I found Bbuzzoff and the quantity and quality of the information provided, especially about GT Football to be VERY GOOD. I didn't and haven't experienced ANY political tone regarding GT Athletics. That being said, all three boards have good and bad posters, mostly 'good' and informative.

I guess each board has its 'inner circle' and it appears, at least to me, that the 'inner circles' have a pissing contest going on that will never be resolved and that is why our relatively small fan base will probably have three boards to follow for the forseable future.

I guess thats why some like Fords/Chevy's/Honda's etc. in 20 different colors....

For me, I'll take an Old Gold Ramblin Wreck.....

Back