Anthony Allen getting bad advice from someone

Perhaps the probe also said that it wouldn't be much better for him next year either.
A) That's not how those probes work,
B) He's most definitely getting drafted next year

Where did you hear that?

Right now he's rated as the 3rd RB in the draft and it would put him going in the 2nd Round....thus negating BIG BUCKS

I think he may shock folks and come back.

did you talk to dwyer? where are you getting the info?

That game left a sour taste in some of the players mouths (his especially) I'm not sure if that's how he wants to close his collegiate career

Why is he leaving and where did you see this?

I should have said 95% gone.

He's still looking at the 1st round and projected by many scouts to be there.

Dwyer is arguably the best tailback/b-back to ever play at GT.

He would be leaving to get the $$$, which he should--especially given the short shelf life of many NFL RB's.

If I am wrong, I will be happy and look forward to watching him play some more for GT.

I should have said 95% gone.

He's still looking at the 1st round and projected by many scouts to be there.

Dwyer is arguably the best tailback/b-back to ever play at GT.

He would be leaving to get the $$$, which he should--especially given the short shelf life of many NFL RB's.

If I am wrong, I will be happy and look forward to watching him play some more for GT.

I hear ya, but what I'm saying is that even if he's 1st Round it'll still be later in the round and thus won't be this ungodly amount of money then (meaning like 20 million in guarantees or whatever)

Also, in the past 2 drafts, there have been like 10 to 15 RB's drafted in the 1st 2 rounds of each. With that, I'm just saying that RB isn't the hot button on the draft board due in part to the amount that have accumulated recently.

you're right about the shelf life, but RB's have been gettin' picked up like hotcakes here recently in the drafts.

If he goes, good for him....and it won't be a disaster for us because AA could move right in to the slot and fill in....I would think

Not only is the CBA issue spooking some guys, there are heavy talks of a structured cap on rookie salaries, ala the NBA, starting next year. That's why some guys, like Ryan Mallett, were thinking of coming out, even though they're probably not ready. Chances are a 4th round pick may make more than a 1st rounder next year. This is all just rumors at this point though.

If I were JD, I would hit the road. He gets hit on every play whether he has the ball or not, and given the aforementioned short shelf life of NFL RB's, he has to thing about himself in this situation. IF he does come back though, I will admire that decision and be happy about it, but I completely understand if he does not.

If Jon Dwyer stays then being the all time leading rusher at Tech means more than perhaps tens of millions of dollars to him.

That's a decision that would absolutely frazzle my brain.

If Jon Dwyer stays then being the all time leading rusher at Tech means more than perhaps tens of millions of dollars to him.

That's a decision that would absolutely frazzle my brain.

Then he gets his $10M the next year, and he hold all the records at GA Tech. Delayed gratification is not a lost art.

If JD comes back and graduates, he'll vault to #2 on my list of greatest GT student-athletes. I'm sure that will motivate him (yes, that was sarcastic in the extreme). Nevertheless, I think he'd be better off getting paid---you don't turn down an offer to make millions of dollars---if you are physically and technically ready for the next level. Dwyer is. So is #8. So is Morgan.

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying the reward is there regardless, it's just a year removed.

Not only is the CBA issue spooking some guys, there are heavy talks of a structured cap on rookie salaries, ala the NBA, starting next year. That's why some guys, like Ryan Mallett, were thinking of coming out, even though they're probably not ready. Chances are a 4th round pick may make more than a 1st rounder next year. This is all just rumors at this point though.

If I were JD, I would hit the road. He gets hit on every play whether he has the ball or not, and given the aforementioned short shelf life of NFL RB's, he has to thing about himself in this situation. IF he does come back though, I will admire that decision and be happy about it, but I completely understand if he does not.

I hear ya. I'd probably hit the road depending on my projection. Does anyone know what type of deals the 2nd rounders were getting last

Im sure the $$$ wasn't like the early picks (the guarantee $$$'s are what's important...not as much the case with the salaries)

Oh well, all the bloggin' debatin' and opinions are of no importance right now until it happens one way or the other. I just have this feelin' like he's comin' back for another year and he's gonna re-write every record for RB's at Tech.

Wonder if the fact that Joe McKnight has declared for the draft might impact JD's decision at all.

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying the reward is there regardless, it's just a year removed.

Point is, if the starting salaries drop by 50%, then that's tens of millions of dollars extra he'll lose over the length/term of his introductory contract by going out next year than this year.

So the question, really is this: Imagine Dwyer retiring having earned 50 million dollars over the course of his NFL career, would he give, say, 20 million of that 50 million to get back his senior year in college, achieve whatever we achieve next year, and retire as the best RB in Tech history? Because the rookie salary cap and loss of one year of income could cost him that.

Can you even imagine having that sort of decision to make? I will never have a decision harder than that to make. Wow.

That's what I meant by 'frazzled' before. I have no idea what I would do.

Point is, if the starting salaries drop by 50%, then that's tens of millions of dollars extra he'll lose over the length/term of his introductory contract by going out next year than this year.

So the question, really is this: Imagine Dwyer retiring having earned 50 million dollars over the course of his NFL career, would he give, say, 20 million of that 50 million to get back his senior year in college, achieve whatever we achieve next year, and retire as the best RB in Tech history? Because the rookie salary cap and loss of one year of income could cost him that.

Can you even imagine having that sort of decision to make? I will never have a decision harder than that to make. Wow.

No, I cannot imagine that. That kind of money boggles my brain. With this recession, and pay cuts, I'm just trying to figure how to get tickets again next year.

Anybody know what guys like McCluster are doing?

Isn't McCluster a senior?

Thus far, though, I believe Ryan Matthews, Jahvid Best, and Joe McKnight (all juniors) have declared for the draft.

Back