Anthony Allen getting bad advice from someone

from what i've heard there will not be a rookie salary cap imposed until 2012 but if he has an agent telling him other things...

and don't you think there's a real good possibility of a bunch of agents out there selling a bunch of young kids "a shot at their dreams"?
NOW!
NOW!
NOW!
i'd say pretty good.

If the CBA thing entices players across the country to enter the draft early, that is all the more reason for Allen and Burnette to stay for another year. The more players that enter the draft, the deeper they fall; plus the more shallow the draft is next year. They could go from being undrafted to drafted, or move up a couple of late rounds just because the pool of talent will not be as deep next year. This effect is maybe not as substantial to the draft result for Dwyer or Morgan; but could also impact Thomas.

Because of the CBA, Allen and Burnette should stay; it might be counter intuitive to them.

The whole CBA spook has been around since last year, correct? I recall Stafford worrying about it or at least the ugagg fans.

Point is, if the starting salaries drop by 50%, then that's tens of millions of dollars extra he'll lose over the length/term of his introductory contract by going out next year than this year.

So the question, really is this: Imagine Dwyer retiring having earned 50 million dollars over the course of his NFL career, would he give, say, 20 million of that 50 million to get back his senior year in college, achieve whatever we achieve next year, and retire as the best RB in Tech history? Because the rookie salary cap and loss of one year of income could cost him that.

Can you even imagine having that sort of decision to make? I will never have a decision harder than that to make. Wow.

That's what I meant by 'frazzled' before. I have no idea what I would do.

I don't think it is quite that bad. He wouldn't lose a year of salary because he is likely to play the same number of years regardless of whether he starts one year earlier or later.

A rookie salary cap only affects that first contract. In theory, things could get better for free agent salaries if rookie contracts were controlled.

In short, I don't think as a group rookies this year are going to make less over the course of their entire career as rookies next year. Introduction of salary caps have served to control exponential growth of salaries but they have yet to reduce overall salaries in any sport.

Didn't he just have a post on facebook about being excited for the 2010 season? Wtf?

Back