Any season ticket holders 6+ hours away?

I bought it at the same price he paid the GTAA. Anything else you wanna bitch about?

You are a commie for not buying from the AA. Coit will be looking down on you from his handicapped seat.

I'm a couple hours up I-75 from you in Gainesville. Started going to games in 2005 with the 4 Tickets/Hot Dogs/Cokes deal when my 2 youngest daughters were still pre-teen. Started buying Season Tickets in 2009. Rotated who went with me, with the wife going to several and each kid going to at least one per year. I normally skip the 1AA game, like this year's Alcorn State.

The amount of time that my daughter spent on campus and in BDS during game weekends is a large reason why Tech became her dream school; she started classes on Monday.

I always drive, normally leaving Friday afternoon and returning Sunday. It's two nights in a hotel, but has allowed us to take in the Tech game and enjoy Atlanta for the entire day on Saturday. Sometimes I'll go cheap and stay in Sandy Springs or Alpharetta and take MARTA in to the game, otherwise we'll stay at the Regency Suites off 10th and W. Peachtree mainly because I lived there for my sophomore year in 81/82. A couple times, I made the trip there and back in one day, but wouldn't recommend it.

It's a time commitment, especially when Tech is at home back-to-back weekends or 3 out of 4 weekends. You'll spend about 5 times the cost of the tickets in travel expenses. But there's something special about spending a fall weekend in Atlanta and watching a game on the flats, so it has been worth every minute and every dollar to me.

I'm a couple hours up I-75 from you in Gainesville. Started going to games in 2005 with the 4 Tickets/Hot Dogs/Cokes deal when my 2 youngest daughters were still pre-teen. Started buying Season Tickets in 2009. Rotated who went with me, with the wife going to several and each kid going to at least one per year. I normally skip the 1AA game, like this year's Alcorn State.

The amount of time that my daughter spent on campus and in BDS during game weekends is a large reason why Tech became her dream school; she started classes on Monday.

I always drive, normally leaving Friday afternoon and returning Sunday. It's two nights in a hotel, but has allowed us to take in the Tech game and enjoy Atlanta for the entire day on Saturday. Sometimes I'll go cheap and stay in Sandy Springs or Alpharetta and take MARTA in to the game, otherwise we'll stay at the Regency Suites off 10th and W. Peachtree mainly because I lived there for my sophomore year in 81/82. A couple times, I made the trip there and back in one day, but wouldn't recommend it.

It's a time commitment, especially when Tech is at home back-to-back weekends or 3 out of 4 weekends. You'll spend about 5 times the cost of the tickets in travel expenses. But there's something special about spending a fall weekend in Atlanta and watching a game on the flats, so it has been worth every minute and every dollar to me.

Excellent post! And congrats on the daughter dressed in white and gold!!

Any 6+ time zones away?
:BFD:

Yeah. Look at me post.
:wink:

I flew back from Tokyo on a Thursday in 2009. Left NRT at 3 PM, arrived in ATL 3:30 EDT. Cleared customs, dropped my bags at a hotel and was there for the Clemson game. Worth it. Look at me brag.

5 hrs away in East TN. Go to all the real games (not (FCS), and usually one away game, looks like Duke this year.
Hate the 12pm games! We always stay over somewhere in midtown. 5+ years doing this. Looking for some great wins this year and the first home win over Georgia that I have seen since Joe Ham and the 54-51 shootout!

I buy a set even though I live in Houston. I end up giving them to my dad and he takes some buddies with him. I make at least one trip to Atlanta every year. This year I'm coming up for FSU.

I can make it to Tech in somewhere between 5.5 and 6 hrs depending on traffic. Retired now so the trips are much easier. When I was working I only missed a couple of games in 20 years and that was for illness and a family wedding. It's only a half dozen weekends a year and is very doable with some planning.

Im 6.5 hrs away, have been for 4 years now. Still havent missed a game.

I have it pretty good just being an hour up the road. I pick dad up in Cobb on my way to the stadium.

He hates me so much he even unfriended me on facebook.

Oh jeez... I never unfriended you. I was keeping the tickets for Blazer and his woman but you can have them instead. There, will that make you feel special?

Oh jeez... I never unfriended you. I was keeping the tickets for Blazer and his woman but you can have them instead. There, will that make you feel special?
I know you didn't. I just like stirring the pot.

Give them to Blazer.

Looks like you have a date and probably will get some action.

Back