any way to chart CPJ's twitter velocity?

My god, stop the pissing contest. Your making me scared to go to Tech, I don't want to become like you sad strange people

Correct, rolling ten day average.

Any linear regression line is going to cross zero unless it's perfectly flat. This one crosses before he ever started tweeting, so I'm not worried about that. The R^2 obviously sucks, but so does everything else about sports statistics.

I mean the slope with its standard deviation calculated from R^2 overlaps with zero with the uncertainty range taken into account.

I'm not buying that a circle is an infinite-sided polygon.

You could still have infinitely small line segments which would still be a polygon yet not a circle since all points would not be the same distance from the centre.

You'd have to invoke some limit-theory ööööe for this to make any sense.

As long as you choose the right polygon you are fine.

Wrong:

pi-4.png

Correct: In the limit as a REGULAR polygon's side number approaches infinity it becomes a circle. When you are no longer able to distinguish the change in distance from the origin of a corner from a side it is effectively a circle. The distance of the side of a polygon from the origin in terms of the side number n and distance of a corner from the origin R is given by

L = R cos(pi/n)

We can Taylor expand this around n = infinity

L = R (1 - pi^2/(2 n^2) + O(1/n^4) )

L ~= R

As long as you choose the right polygon you are fine.

Wrong:

Correct: In the limit as a REGULAR polygon's side number approaches infinity it becomes a circle. When you are no longer able to distinguish the change in distance from the origin of a corner from a side it is effectively a circle. The distance of the side of a polygon from the origin in terms of the side number n and distance of a corner from the origin R is given by

L = R cos(pi/n)

We can Taylor expand this around n = infinity

L = R (1 - pi^2/(2 n^2) + O(1/n^4) )

L ~= R

You can't take the geek out of the girl. Now stop it, you're hurting recruiting.

Back