any way to chart CPJ's twitter velocity?

I think Diseqc is CPJ . How else can you explain that they are both in ATL?

I demand equal treatment for velocity in all coordinate systems!

Good luck with that. I demand we abandon polar entirely, it makes my brain hurt.

Sometimes you have to do bit of leg work to get the answer. Sometimes an equally curious forum member will do the work for you.

God bless, it took (someone other than me) long enough.

Here, I did a 10 day average to smooth the bumps out. Discuss:

1nUprnH.png

beej, i think you need to try again with a more complex curve. with R^2 of .2 i think we can discount the assumption of linear behavior

might i suggest the inclusion of a "sports activity" parameter? it would count the number of national sports events and use that as a parameter to predict tweets

for instance, CPJs twitter activity goes up during Masters and Final Four but presumably down when we play a football game.

i leave you to it - good luck, son.

EDIT:
i also occurs to me that while we were not able to record the tweets of CPJ prior to him getting Twitter, we should not discount his typing short messages on his phone or keyboard and then erasing them in frustration with no manner in which to send the information onwards.

these "pre-Twitter" tweet-like texts would be marked at the t=0 axis and would indicate CPJs pre-Twitter tweet-like activity that was already occurring and only shifted to Twitter rather than NEW activity leading to erroneous Twitter-growth statistics if you do not include them

Last edited:
Tweetology should be a new major in the School of Social Networking & Female Cyborg Studies within the CoC

beej, i think you need to try again with a more complex curve. with R^2 of .2 i think we can discount the assumption of linear behavior
Bah. If it's good enough for the Global Warming guys, it's good enough for me.

Good luck with that. I demand we abandon polar entirely, it makes my brain hurt.

God bless, it took (someone other than me) long enough.

Here, I did a 10 day average to smooth the bumps out. Discuss:

1nUprnH.png

I assume you are plotting tweets per day averaged over 10 days?

I did a similar thing but the low R^2 value didn't give me a whole lot of confidence. The uncertainty of the slope makes it overlap with zero so pretty useless.

I think you eventually would have to look over many years and do a yearly average to truly smooth out the bumps and avoid football season bias.

I hope CPJ doesn't come on here. He'll immediately quit because he'll know that he'll never be able to recruit another 4 star. Gotta love the offseason, the geek in us comes out.

I hope CPJ doesn't come on here. He'll immediately quit because he'll know that he'll never be able to recruit another 4 star. Gotta love the offseason, the geek in us comes out.

Another 4 star?

I assume you are plotting tweets per day averaged over 10 days?

Correct, rolling ten day average.

Any linear regression line is going to cross zero unless it's perfectly flat. This one crosses before he ever started tweeting, so I'm not worried about that. The R^2 obviously sucks, but so does everything else about sports statistics.

i think we need to track and include his vacation days and days with no practice or meetings. this extra time to prepare tweets needs to be examined as a potential influencer on the frequencelocity

if you looked at beej's graph with any degree of inquiry you might have noted that it clearly resembles a sign wave..... recruiting is looking up, boys!

if you looked at beej's graph with any degree of inquiry you might have noted that it clearly resembles a sign wave..... recruiting is looking up, boys!

And then down. That's how I remember sine waves working.

I'm not buying that a circle is an infinite-sided polygon.

You could still have infinitely small line segments which would still be a polygon yet not a circle since all points would not be the same distance from the centre.

You'd have to invoke some limit-theory ööööe for this to make any sense.

Can you guys chart the velocity of the amount of time wasted by an incredibly stupid thread?

Btw-question is rhetorical

Note: rhetorical questions are not unanswered questions or infinite polygons.

Back