any way to chart CPJ's twitter velocity?

i do not require apologies, but thank you. imo requiring apologies is a sign of weakness

i think you are arguing in circles, that wont lead you to a straight answer any time soon!

Ok

My unit vectors are ur and ut.
My position vector is r ur
My velocity is 0 ur + 2piw r ut (const clockwise velocity)
My accel is (r2piw)^2 /r ur + 0 ut (const radial accel of v^2 / r)

So if I integrate over any arbitrary time period, I have a constant radial accel and a constant velocity in the clockwise direction.

Not a zero averaged velocity. Or am I misremembering my polar coordinates from calc?

Last edited:
Ok

My unit vectors are ur and ut.
My position vector is 1 ur + 2piw t ut
My velocity is 0 ur + 2piw r ut (const clockwise velocity)
My accel is (r2piw)^2 /r ur + 0 ut

So if I integrate over any arbitrary time period, I have a constant radial accel and a constant velocity in the clockwise direction.

Not a zero averaged velocity. Or am I misremembering my polar coordinates from calc?

My unit vectors are ur, st, up, and id.
My position vector is in, si, de, ur, mom.

So if I integrate over any arbitrary time period, I have a constant linear penetration and a constant velocity in the in-out direction.

Not a zero averaged velocity. Or am I misremembering my polar coordinates from calc

So if I integrate over any arbitrary time period, I have a constant linear penetration and a constant velocity in the in-out direction.

Not a zero averaged velocity. Or am I misremembering my polar coordinates from calc

Crap missed step 1. Just R = r ur, which is a vector associated with theta.

Why you no love calculus?

@GTPaulJohnson
Happy Tax Day, the only thing worse than taxes is turning the ball over in the red zone or not being able to get a snap from center to QB!!

Oh shiz... now we've gone and done it. :turbonoes:

Oh shiz... now we've gone and done it. :turbonoes:

Someone's gonna have to shut the twitter down during the season....CPJ may come unhinged on the twittersphere if we lose to Elon.

AE. I can't think of a time when I've calculated average velocity. Or an average vector.

Statics class?

Dynamics class?

Fluid mechs?

Anyway, we can make anything a vector.

We could rank each of CPJ's tweets on the "Angry" scale, the "is what it is" scale, and the "related to claw hammering Beamer" scale, assign each of those scales to an axis, and then each tweet would be a vector in 3 dimensional AngryIswhatClawhammer space, and the rate of change through that space would be Twitlocity.

But that wasn't really what I was asking. I wanna know how many tweets per day he's at vs what he started at.

angular velocity /= the commonly understood velocity. note the word ANGULAR in front, it describes not a distance but rather an angle that is turned through

250px-Angular_velocity.svg.png

angular velocity is the same regardless of r, so you could be turning a 10m radius circle in one minute or a 100m radius circle in one minute and your angular velocity is the same.

clearly not what you said it means, since the arc-length traveled (distance) is based on r

I demand equal treatment for velocity in all coordinate systems!

I made no claims on the value of the velocity, simply that it is constant and non zero even though I began and ended at the same point. The average would therefore also be non zero.

But enough trolling

I'm so surprised the dwag fans make fun of us.

make fun of them, they dont even know what angular means - they think its fishing related

they put a column in the middle of an arch.. how dumb can you be and why would you care what an imbecile thinks?

make fun of them, they dont even know what angular means - they think its fishing related

they put a column in the middle of an arch.. how dumb can you be and why would you care what an imbecile thinks?

Actually, the column is a good idea. Would you want to walk under an arch built by a Dawg?

But that wasn't really what I was asking. I wanna know how many tweets per day he's at vs what he started at.

Sometimes you have to do bit of leg work to get the answer. Sometimes an equally curious forum member will do the work for you. Here's my count of the number of tweets by date. CPJ definitely stepped up his game for the Masters.

2-26 x3
2-27 x4
2-28 x3
3-1
3-2 x2
3-4 x2
3-5 x2
3-6 x2
3-7 x2
3-8
3-9
3-11 x2
3-12 x4
3-13 x3
3-14 x5
3-15 x2
3-19 x2
3-21
3-22
3-23
3-24 x3
3-25 x2
3-26 x2
3-27 x2
3-28 x4
3-29 x4
3-30
3-31 x3
4-1 x3
4-2
4-4
4-5 x2
4-6
4-7 x2
4-8 x3
4-9 x4
4-11 x2
4-12 x4
4-13 x4
4-14 x4
4-15

I can't believe, actually I can that it took 156 posts to get a listing of the number of CPJ tweets.

Unless he has a tablet and a phone.

Yes. He's so busy that he has one of every device. Did you even go to the link? I'm betting no.

It explicitly differentiates between iPhone, android, and iPad.

Back