Anyone a Rivals/Scout member?

Or if you want to know a little about GT and a lot about the SEC (we're usually after the same recruits) you can get ESPN insider for $3/ year. No conversation but that's what I come here for, and you get the bodies issue once per year.

*Sigh*

This is the primary drawback of JacketsOnline, Gruffy: hivered's constant policing and spinning. Aside from him, the site has got a good thing going for it and I would recommend it if you're hell-bent on subscribing to either Scout or Rivals.

:biggrin:

2) Calling out a young student-athlete directly in a manner where one is not making a football assessment. Ex. BAD POST- "Joey sucks cow balls" GOOD POST- "Joey seems to lack the burst we would really like to see at that position"

3) Direct attacks on other posters because this is a huge complaint that comes into the email boxes...people get tired of surfing through threads and seeing two posters tell each other how much the other is a 'f'n idiot' and that type of thing.
You are proving jdub's point.

Waste of money IMHO. Especially when you have sources. NOBODY ASK ME WHO MY SOURCE IS I WILL NOT TELL YOUd

I like Rivals a lot. The big news (i.e. commitments) always leaks out anyway, but you get inside info about how players are performing in practice, which recruits we are likely to get (although this is always iffy) and things like that. Of course the board is gonna be kept reasonably clean (although Rivals lets a lot go), but you can come to ST for that kind of discussion.

Same boat as jdubjacket. I have been a member of both under the name nodawgs. If you look at it and fact check everything, both sites have the same info. KQ just dresses the same info up with guesses disguised as exclusive inside info. His guesses and embellishments have gotten him in some binds over the last year or so. When he gets called out he can't handle it. KQ has become increasingly condescending and a smart ass in order to keep a distance from his sceptics.

The final straw for me was when he put up poll to ask if he should ban a poster. Basically trying to flex his muscle and pound his chest. I simply replied that he was being unprofessional. Next day I get an email that I am banned for a week for "attacking" him. Cut my subscription off immediately and haven't missed it a bit. With Twitter and having most recruits highlight videos on Hudl or YouTube, you really aren't missing anything. what you are missing, the AJC will print a few hours later. Oh and you can still get hivered's excuses for free on Stingtalk.

My sources dirty sanchez anyone elses sources....

Confirmed per my sources

Kelly Quinlin, even though a graduate of U[sic]GA, gets more info from CPJ & co than Rod & Rick, who quite frankly, don't get much insider info and generally are jerks.

Rid especially sucks donkeys as a person.

Kelly Quinlin, even though a graduate of U[sic]GA, gets more info from CPJ & co than Rod & Rick, who quite frankly, don't get much insider info and generally are jerks.

Rid especially sucks donkeys as a person.

There is a Ugay grad running our website? Disgusting.

As long as Beestorm doesn't start charging to post here, I'm good.

*Sigh*

This is the primary drawback of JacketsOnline, Gruffy: hivered's constant policing and spinning. Aside from him, the site has got a good thing going for it and I would recommend it if you're hell-bent on subscribing to either Scout or Rivals.

You are wrong again.

1) I have never banned anyone
2) out of thousands of subscribers, only about 6 posters in the past 2 years have ever had their post edited or deleted by me and in each case the post was profanity laced except one. That one was complaining about a 17-year old commit...in a thread announcing his commit...saying that he was no good...by 2 posters WHILE HIS PARENT WAS ONLINE WATCHING. I figured we should give his mom/dad at least 2 hours of enjoyment before they realize how some GT fans behave.

Oh and you can still get hivered's excuses for free on Stingtalk.
you do realize that whenever anyone disagrees with you, you then call it an "excuse".
A more confident person in a debate would call it a "counterpoint". :biggthumpup:

you do realize that whenever anyone disagrees with you, you then call it an "excuse".
A more confident person in a debate would call it a "counterpoint". :biggthumpup:

Fair enough:wink: For the record, I do admire your ability to make "counterpoints".

You are wrong again.

1) I have never banned anyone
2) out of thousands of subscribers, only about 6 posters in the past 2 years have ever had their post edited or deleted by me and in each case the post was profanity laced except one. That one was complaining about a 17-year old commit...in a thread announcing his commit...saying that he was no good...by 2 posters WHILE HIS PARENT WAS ONLINE WATCHING. I figured we should give his mom/dad at least 2 hours of enjoyment before they realize how some GT fans behave.

I'm not wrong because:

1) I never said you banned anyone.
2) Cool story, don't care. You over-police and you over-censor the site. That's why I canceled. Even when you're called out on Rivals you typically replied with "You're wrong" and then start spewing out more bullet point crap, not unlike what you're doing here, or you'd just delete the post.

It must be killing you that you can't delete posts here.

speaking of I got a report on my phone that said the number 1 or 2 ILB switched commitment from auburn to alabama

speaking of I got a report on my phone that said the number 1 or 2 ILB switched commitment from auburn to alabama

Yeah that's the guy that left because a player from Auburn who looks like Honey boo boo's mom called him the N-word

Foster I believe.

I
2) Cool story, don't care. You over-police and you over-censor the site. That's why I canceled. Even when you're called out on Rivals you typically replied with "You're wrong" and then start spewing out more bullet point crap, not unlike what you're doing here, or you'd just delete the post.

It must be killing you that you can't delete posts here.

Not at all...because I love an honest debate and this is not a profanity laced thread.

I am not sure how you can call it over-censoring when only 6 posters have ever had a post deleted or edited in 2 years and out of thousands of subscribers....most of which were ekreb/Dbo/whatever. Again....people can say Paul Johnson is a cross-dessing trans who knows diddly about football and that is fine. I do not agree...but that is fine. There are plenty of posters on there that do not understand GT....but they are all probably extremely young as you mentioned in an earlier post about teenagers.

Maybe its direct attacks you want to stay on there? We do have some older subscribers....over 70 years old....that get absolutely abused sometimes by a very few folks. Disagree with them and argue all you want....but do not call them out and directly attack them. Make it a good old fashioned debate instead of "Get a clue you f'n dumba$$ old man"...a direct quote I have seen on there before to a poster who played on the 1952 GT National Championship team.

Additionally, we do have young people on the JacketsOnline site. Heck...my 13-year old son will look at Rivals. However, StingTalk is blocked for him because this site does allow more...both written and visual. That is fine....there is a place for both on the internet...both are healthy for GT.

That being said....there is some profanity allowed on JacketsOnline...its not a G or PG site. It is PG13.

Again....keep it clean for the most part and almost anything is fine.

Back