Anyone a Rivals/Scout member?

Not at all...because I love an honest debate and this is not a profanity laced thread.

I am not sure how you can call it over-censoring when only 6 posters have ever had a post deleted or edited in 2 years and out of thousands of subscribers....most of which were ekreb/Dbo/whatever. Again....people can say Paul Johnson is a cross-dessing trans who knows diddly about football and that is fine. I do not agree...but that is fine. There are plenty of posters on there that do not understand GT....but they are all probably extremely young as you mentioned in an earlier post about teenagers.

Maybe its direct attacks you want to stay on there? We do have some older subscribers....over 70 years old....that get absolutely abused sometimes by a very few folks. Disagree with them and argue all you want....but do not call them out and directly attack them. Make it a good old fashioned debate instead of "Get a clue you f'n dumba$$ old man"...a direct quote I have seen on there before to a poster who played on the 1952 GT National Championship team.

Additionally, we do have young people on the JacketsOnline site. Heck...my 13-year old son will look at Rivals. However, StingTalk is blocked for him because this site does allow more...both written and visual. That is fine....there is a place for both on the internet...both are healthy for GT.

That being said....there is some profanity allowed on JacketsOnline...its not a G or PG site. It is PG13.

Again....keep it clean for the most part and almost anything is fine.

What is your stance on pictures of fat chicks puking?

I had a hive/scout subscription for several years but didnt renew this past november. I got tired of getting inside info on 2-star recruits, to be honest. No sense paying for mediocre news. They did have good insider info and were well connected, to be fair. Another major contributing factor to my dissatisfaction was how religious the board had become. My god you were in the minority if you didnt give thanks be to god for every breath you took. Big turn off for my scientific mind.

Unless you're hardcore into recruiting, don't spend money on Scout or Rivals. Granted it's been a while since I've been behind the paywall of either site, but whatever insider information they do have quickly gets out and makes it not worth the money. And the quality of discussion on the forums was horrid. Very bad signal-noise ratio. Why pay for threads full of replies of emoticons and random pictures when you can get that for free elsewhere?

Kelly Quinlin, even though a graduate of U[sic]GA, gets more info from CPJ & co than Rod & Rick, who quite frankly, don't get much insider info and generally are jerks.

Rid especially sucks donkeys as a person.

georgiapanther1 (Rod) is a class-A douchebag. I can't stand that dude.

I love these threads. Helps me figure out who is someone's sockpuppet.

I love these threads. Helps me figure out who is someone's sockpuppet.

:rotfl:

tumblr_m1gmsupgwu1qmaa05o1_500.gif

Back