Anyone Following the Maryland Story?

The whole apology on this is shameful. The university president threw the training staff under the bus is his apology and didn't take any responsibility higher up the chain. Damon Evans tried to make it sound like he wasn't even the interim AD during the incident. Many layers of failure led to this kid's death and no one is taking responsibility for it.

She's a solid 5 head

michael-bluth-her.jpg

The whole apology on this is shameful. The university president threw the training staff under the bus is his apology and didn't take any responsibility higher up the chain. Damon Evans tried to make it sound like he wasn't even the interim AD during the incident. Many layers of failure led to this kid's death and no one is taking responsibility for it.
Not a Damon Evans fan, but who, other than the training practitioners out on the field should have responsibility? The AD? The assistant AD for Training Survivability? I don't know, but the assumption is there were some kind of administrative "best practices" on record that the coaching staff had a duty to adhere to, and I guess responsibility for promulgation and enforcement of those lies at the AD's feet. But all of these episodes illustrate how over zealous the coaches can get. How much sense does it require to make a few observations: it's really hot and humid today? It is on your phone. We need to take it a little easy--check the program's notebook on steps to take to avoid death at practice. Running a player, or a Marine recruit, or an Olympian to the point of exhaustion may make them more mentally tough--MAY. But they don't get faster, they don't get quicker. Yes, more disciplined, more focused, more submissive to coaching. But not better.

Not a Damon Evans fan, but who, other than the training practitioners out on the field should have responsibility? The AD? The assistant AD for Training Survivability? I don't know, but the assumption is there were some kind of administrative "best practices" on record that the coaching staff had a duty to adhere to, and I guess responsibility for promulgation and enforcement of those lies at the AD's feet. But all of these episodes illustrate how over zealous the coaches can get. How much sense does it require to make a few observations: it's really hot and humid today? It is on your phone. We need to take it a little easy--check the program's notebook on steps to take to avoid death at practice. Running a player, or a Marine recruit, or an Olympian to the point of exhaustion may make them more mentally tough--MAY. But they don't get faster, they don't get quicker. Yes, more disciplined, more focused, more submissive to coaching. But not better.

My issue isn't identifying who has responsibility - the responsibility for player safety cascades from the top down. My issue is that in "claiming" responsibility, the president of the school and the AD have scattered like rats. The president is saying it is all the medical staff's fault and the AD is trying to make it sound like he wasn't involved with the program and using his interim title as justification. Instead of a firing following McNair's death on his watch, he got a promotion. Instead of firing Court with cause, he got a severance package. Evans waited until after the university took fault this week to even launch an internal investigation into the program, and he met with McNair's family for the first time this week (almost 3 months after their son's death). We all know the coach and trainers will be fired as a result, but to have a media inquest and a resulting apology as the triggering action is ugly. To me, these apologies and everything that has followed sends the message that the administration is rotten the whole way through.

Jersey has very good bagels. Plentiful and diverse. Is that worth anything besides getting fatter?
Worst things about Jersey (I've been working on a project here since March, so I'm an expert.)

3. Have to wait for the high school dropout to pump your gas, because, I guess, he's a lot smarter than an engineer from one of the best schools in the world.

2. Can't just stop at the Wawa on the way to the hotel and pick up a six of beer. Liquor store lobby payed off the politicians.

1. The absolute worst roads in the history of the world. It's like one huge pothole. This entire part of the state. If I was a state politician I'd be embarrassed.

Worst things about Jersey (I've been working on a project here since March, so I'm an expert.)

3. Have to wait for the high school dropout to pump your gas, because, I guess, he's a lot smarter than an engineer from one of the best schools in the world.

2. Can't just stop at the Wawa on the way to the hotel and pick up a six of beer. Liquor store lobby payed off the politicians.

1. The absolute worst roads in the history of the world. It's like one huge pothole. This entire part of the state. If I was a state politician I'd be embarrassed.
What part of Jersey are you living? I live in northern Bergen County. Note: I have been living here for 58 years except for my 6 years at Tech from 1978 thru 1984.

What part of Jersey are you living? I live in northern Bergen County. Note: I have been living here for 58 years except for my 6 years at Tech from 1978 thru 1984.
I'm working at a plant in Berlin. A little south of Philly. Got about another month and I'll be done.

Back