Anyone listening to the CPJ Show?

He's paid $2.6 million to have thick skin. Calling out fans won't help the situation, and can only lead to more empty seats and less funding. That's the difference between Tech and Navy and Georgia Southern... the pressure and expectations of competing at the highest level of the sport.

You obviously don't understand the "pressure and expectations" to win at GS. Their fans are much more rabid than Tech fans. CPJ has already experienced high expectations of winning. The only difference is that, at GS, he had more success than he has had thus far at Tech.

Suggs was light years better than Bennett. I'd also argue he was better than Ball but Gailey went with Ball to save his own ass.

No he wasn't. I'd also say TB was slightly more serviceable than AJ. AJ was a human slo-mo reel.

You obviously don't understand the "pressure and expectations" to win at GS. Their fans are much more rabid than Tech fans. CPJ has already experienced high expectations of winning. The only difference is that, at GS, he had more success than he has had thus far at Tech.

:bigcry:

Suggs was light years better than Bennett. I'd also argue he was better than Ball but Gailey went with Ball to save his own ass.

Yep.

Anyone who says a 4th year Suggs was not better than a true freshman Ball doesn't know their own dick from a hotdog.

I don't doubt that Georgia Southern fans are passionate, but I do doubt there is more pressure there. Tech may have a smaller fanbase than some FBS teams, but it's still much bigger than Georgia Southern's, and I doubt people are going to be calling for Monken's dismissal if he loses one particular game in the season.

I don't doubt that Georgia Southern fans are passionate, but I do doubt there is more pressure there. Tech may have a smaller fanbase than some FBS teams, but it's still much bigger than Georgia Southern's, and I doubt people are going to be calling for Monken's dismissal if he loses one particular game in the season.
They fired Sewak b/c he couldn't win a playoff game, even though he had some decent records. Don't under estimate them b/c they are FCS. GSU football is a big deal in the area.

How many games can GS lose and still make it to the playoffs? Please forgive my ignorance as I do not follow GS, but I enjoy watching the playoffs. My point is, as long as a team like GS can make it to the playoffs there is an opportunity for redemption. Our only chance at redemption for a disappointing season is beating the dwags and winning a bowl game.

a dump would be a lot more enlightening than what you just posted.

he has made it known what he believes about Tevin and he is correct about it, of course. there is no need for him to even respond to people anymore when they bring up the QB situation just like he really doesn't respond sincerely when someone brings up the "more than 1 week to prepare" argument or the "defense will never be good because they practice against triple option all of the time" argument.

I'm just being critical of you and sounding stupid because that's how you sound being critical of Coach. I'm not taking up for him, but I certainly don't see things the way you do. They had to cut off a caller for being out of line last night. Coach was taking up for Tevin. I don't see a problem with that. There may be no need for him to bring up any of that.To me, it boils down to people under tough circumstances (not winning) being ridiculous picking apart every little things to point where you're talking about who's entitled to say or thinks what. I just think it's stupid. My post was too. I'll admit it.

james-van-der-beek-crying.gif

Coaching at Georgia Southern when CPJ was there was like coaching Florida State in the 90s or Miami in the 80s. He had all the talent he wanted due to location and the Hope Scholarship and also the added bonus of lower standards than most of his opponents: Furman, Wofford, The Citadel, etc.

I know. That crying smiley has gotten so old.
I kind of wish someone would accidentally stumble into the dark archives of StingTalk and inadvertently by accident replace that gif with a clear 1x1.

Bennett didn't routinely give up 17 yard sacks. I swear there were LB that slowed up just so Suggs could give up more yardage.

Salary and job pressure are directly proportional. That's why your waiter at Waffle House can smoke weed in between getting your hashbrowns (scattered, smothered, done medium well).

How much was Johnson making at GSU? 300k? 500k? That's stripper money to him now.

Back