Anyone really suprised or worked up about Miami?

If the player didn't play... wasn't the tail free.

BTW. The Miami chicks that you want to screw don't screw broke guys. UM player or not.

Speaking as a former college student who wasn't above a night out of hoggin' looking for a slumpbuster. Surely the 4th string FS at Miami can do that or better on his own.

We have no idea what Paul Dee knew and when/if he knew anything. If he was aware of violations at UM, he was obligated to report it to the NCAA...but that doesn't mean he did. So far he's the biggest hypocrite in the story ("High profile athletes demand high profile compliance" :rotfl:), but we don't know if he acted maliciously during this. If it turns out the AA knew about this and didn't report it, then this may be a real death penalty situation.

Like I said, the COI is for investigations, not monitoring.

Seems that as of at least 2007 they should have been at least alarmed.
Yahoo Sports said:
“It was a huge scene,” said a witness who helped pull Shapiro away on that day. “All the people in the press box, the people sitting in the seats, they were all watching the entire thing. Nevin wanted to fight him. He was up in his face screaming. I was like ‘Oh my God. He’s going to punch [Reed] in the face.’”

Shapiro was eventually pulled away, but the booster said in the days following the incident, he was contacted by a friend in the Hurricanes athletic department – Associate Athletic Director of Development Lindsey Radeer. According to Shapiro, Radeer said Reed had done a background check on him following the incident, and was alarmed when he realized Shapiro was part owner of a sports representation agency. But Shapiro said Radeer assured the booster he wasn’t going to come under any additional scrutiny.

I also heard on ESPN radio this morning that the University of Miami has already handed over 130k of the dirty money (Shapiro donations).

It's a hooker. You might as well just go ahead and stick it into an HIV-infected fire ant hill that's sitting in a radioactive waste barrel.

Yeah, with little bee stinging mites to boot that cause your dick to blow up.

Totally agree. The thug grew up idolizing a thug mentality. You see those pics of Shapiro dawning silver bling-bling looking like a total idiot? Hell, have you ever been to a game in Miami and take a gander @ their fans? It's littered with dudes who wear upside-down green visors who are just aching to be punched in the face.

At least their program is about to though. :biggrin:

What I cannot understand for the life of me is how does a douche bag of this level convince people to throw $985 million at him to invest? Seriously, I want to meet these people and work with them. If they are dumb enough to be sold by this tool, then surely I can actually invest their money much better and still squeek out a very nice lifestyle.

What I cannot understand for the life of me is how does a douche bag of this level convince people to throw $985 million at him to invest? Seriously, I want to meet these people and work with them. If they are dumb enough to be sold by this tool, then surely I can actually invest their money much better and still squeek out a very nice lifestyle.

GREED! And no you can't invest it better. Honest investments don't have the ROI that fake ones do.

You should never state as an absolute fact that the NCAA will never give the death penalty again. That's an commonly held, unsubstantiated opinion. And it's also downright false since the NCAA has given the death penalty out to non-football programs twice since SMU.

But what is a fact is that the NCAA does whatever the hell it wants to. GT fans should know this better than anyone at this moment. They apply the rules where, when and to the extent that they want to depending on each individual situation. The NCAA is emo. They follow no standards. These are facts. I don't care that one NCAA guy said many years ago that he regrets what the death penalty did to SMU.

The ACC better start covering it's ass and get prepared to drop Miami and replace them with somebody else if need be. Expansion or no expansion.

What am I missing here. THe U received money from a crook. Doesn't this happen all the time? The university doesn't know where the money is coming from, nor should they.

Secondly it seems everyone is offended by the number of gifts given to players. These offenses were over 10 years or so. Auburn probably does that number in two years. And check around some. Players that went to Miami and Shapiro and are now elsewhere are all getting off scott free. These issues are not going to be on the NCAA's radar.

I could go on and on. The real issue, if it can be substantiated later, is if Miami knew that Shapiro was an agent and did nothing. The real issue is if Miami is found to purposely send recruits to Shapiro, etc. The real issue is if Miami's coaches were purposely involved.

The NCAA will get them on some of these issues, but won't on others. Miami is facing a four year probation, loss of 10 scholarships a year for five years and bowl sanctions for two years. That's it.

These issues are not going to be on the NCAA's radar.

The real issue is if Miami's coaches were purposely involved.

...I can assure you that these issues are on the NCAAs radar. This thing has gotten too much publicity and too many people saying "hey, NCAA, what are you gonna do about THIS?!"

and the coaches dropped off players at Shapiro's house, and he even said that they went to the strip clubs with them. There is absolutely no way that the coaches didn't know this was going on.

Something this big, this large-scale is not something that can be kept a secret from the players' "second fathers." Be it through direct participation or just hearing about it from the players talking to each other.

The fact that Shapiro didn't hand the dude a condom before he banged the hooker is damning enough. The fact that the kid didn't ask for one since he was all out is just mind blowing to me. The only detail I care about in this story is I want to know which Miami superstah!! banged the whore. Talk about a guy who deserves public ridicule.
Apparently from the dude that wrote the story about the abortion that had occured a few times before involving the same player!:frown:

This begs the question, how many of you single guys have one nite stands and dont use a condom. I am an old fart and never used one years ago but, todays world is mighty different.
2nv9ggm.jpg

http://begthequestion.info/

"Begging the question" is a form of logical fallacy in which a statement or claim is assumed to be true without evidence other than the statement or claim itself. When one begs the question, the initial assumption of a statement is treated as already proven without any logic to show why the statement is true in the first place...

...To beg the question does not mean "to raise the question."
(e.g. "It begs the question, why is he so dumb?") This is a common error of usage made by those who mistake the word "question" in the phrase to refer to a literal question. Sadly, the error has grown more and more common with time, such that even journalists, advertisers, and major mass media entities have fallen prey to "BTQ Abuse."

Correcting grammar. The only thing stingtalk is good for.

OOPS! You corrected grammar in an improper manner!

"The Repost" (Latin fail) is a form of message board fallacy where the poster fails to read all preceding posts in a thread and repeats a post written previously as if he was the first person to make that point.

I was listening to Colin Cowherd yesterday (because I use my time wisely) and actually agreed with one of his statements:

"Let's see, programs in BIG trouble with the NCAA....we've got 2 ACC teams, a Pac10/12 whatever team (USC), and a Big Ten team.....hmmm....the SEC sure is squeaky clean!!"

I think the current nationwide sentiment is vehemently anti-SEC. We're all sick and tired of their chest thumping, everyone KNOWS they are cheating, yet we are spoon fed how great they are ALL THE TIME by SECSPN. The SEC is due for a major punishment like Jeff Blauser was always due for a base hit.

Everyone knows they are cheating?

Would love to see them get into this kind of trouble we are seeing elsewhere.

When can you turn them in? Quickly, I hope.

Back