Anyone really suprised or worked up about Miami?

wizard_sleeve.jpg

:rotfl:

But seriously, if you are on the UM football team, why even bother with hookers. Just go out to South Beach and whip out your dick and tell some girls to get to work.

Awkward... but fascinating.

love,
ArchiTECH

Great... I just gave ArchiTECH an idea for its next trip to San Francisco.

Does anyone not think this could hurt more than just UM?

Jeez, ain't the ACC in deep enough as is?

There once was a SWC, until SMU got the death penalty.

Worked up, No. Laughing, Hell yes. I think the darling of the South Beach Mob is due what ever the NCAA gives them, as long as it is the death sentence. Things go on at every college football program that would warrant an interview and investigation by the NCAA. But the piles of crap that went on down there for years should cost them the program and the coaches over that era their jobs wherever they are currently.

Heck just think if it was UGA Nadlicker U? The AJC would be saying this is a false claim and print extra editions stating that Vince would come back and clean it up, and win a national champioship.

Does anyone not think this could hurt more than just UM?

Jeez, ain't the ACC in deep enough as is?

There once was a SWC, until SMU got the death penalty.

People keep talking about SMU and the demise of the SWC. If the ACC becomes extinct it will be because of conference realignment; not the demise of Miami. The ACC would be fine without Miami. Imagine adding a new team that isn't a 10 hour drive from Atlanta.

The question now is who will the ACC have to invite in to replace Miami football after the ax falls?

The question now is who will the ACC have to invite in to replace Miami football after the ax falls?

Some people are delusional.

There's zero chance the NCAA gives Miami the death penalty. Zippo, nada, none. They wouldn't have even given SMU the death penalty if they had realized the full extent of the effects it would have.

the ncaa doesnt have the nads to hand out the death penalty to miami. they are one of the prized programs not in the sec.

Some people are delusional.

There's zero chance the NCAA gives Miami the death penalty. Zippo, nada, none. They wouldn't have even given SMU the death penalty if they had realized the full extent of the effects it would have.

The problem is they(ncaa) has somewhat painted themselves into a corner. The violations are egregious enough to warrant it. Yes UM is a sweetheart of the media but if they didn't drop the ax they would fundamentally neuter themselves.

It will be interesting to watch....fully expect UM lawyers to be on it like thugs to a ho.

Miami will NOT get the death penalty... this situation does not even approach the severity or length of the SMU violations, particularly when considering the most important thing -- the level of involvement and/or knowledge of wrongdoings that the school itself had, not just outside boosters. We also don't have all of this information, as Shapiro's accusations (in this regard) have yet to be fully investigated and corroborated, and it's fair to say he lacks credibility.

Also, SMU was on probation FIVE times in 10 years before they finally received the death penalty, including a significant three year period that included a two year postseason ban and one year TV ban for a situation not unlike this one (asst coaches and a booster involved in recruiting violations).

It's clear that some people associated with Miami (whether it be asst coaches like the line coach now at Louisville, or guys like Frank Haith, or worse) had some level of involvement, but that doesn't compare to how deeply ingrained the SMU slush fund was into the actual football program. The investigation into SMU detailed that the payments were made with full knowledge and actual approval by their athletic department, and that their AD knew about it for years... including after they had already been on probation.

Also, as has been said before, I think most people believe the NCAA made a mistake by giving SMU the death penalty and will never do it again.

I'm not surprised that the 10 was the Convicts, and NOT the Catholics as some on here predicted...

So you're saying this guy nailed a known hooker and didn't wear a condom? Wow. I knew Miami players were stupid, but this is beyond dumb.
This begs the question, how many of you single guys have one nite stands and dont use a condom. I am an old fart and never used one years ago but, todays world is mighty different.

I am loving how Michael Irvin is all over ESPN pointing his fat cocaine fingers at Shapiro! He's been calling him a "snake", a "cancer to the program", etc.. etc..

But, guess what Michael? You reap what you sew.

During your hayday, you were a large part of the gangsta rap culture taking place around South Beach. Your employer had a pretty friggin' sweet documentary about it last year on ESPN's 30 for 30. It went into great depths about players robbing, carjacking, doing drugs, getting payouts for injuring players, and on and on and on...

Now you're surprised that all of the thugs in and around South Beach want to and have supported what you helped create? Are you really that surprised that some white kid growing up idolizing you guys wanted to go around acting all gangsta' just like you guys did?

Your fan base is a direct reflection of what started your great dynasty. Look in the ööööing mirror you stupid cocaine sniffing bafoon. So don't sit there acting all high and mighty pretending you are dismayed that a whigger like Shapiro became the downfall of a program founded on NWA and öööö.

Last edited:
This begs the question, how many of you single guys have one nite stands and dont use a condom. I am an old fart and never used one years ago but, todays world is mighty different.

http://begthequestion.info/

"Begging the question" is a form of logical fallacy in which a statement or claim is assumed to be true without evidence other than the statement or claim itself. When one begs the question, the initial assumption of a statement is treated as already proven without any logic to show why the statement is true in the first place...

...To beg the question does not mean "to raise the question."
(e.g. "It begs the question, why is he so dumb?") This is a common error of usage made by those who mistake the word "question" in the phrase to refer to a literal question. Sadly, the error has grown more and more common with time, such that even journalists, advertisers, and major mass media entities have fallen prey to "BTQ Abuse."
Correcting grammar. The only thing stingtalk is good for.

Miami will NOT get the death penalty... this situation does not even approach the severity or length of the SMU violations, particularly when considering the most important thing -- the level of involvement and/or knowledge of wrongdoings that the school itself had, not just outside boosters.

I'm not so certain. True, the two situations have numerous differences, but as mentioned previously, the NCAA has really backed itself into a corner in regards to punishing violations. I think there is a large public outcry that may influence the severity of the punishment.

Also, I believe more and more details are coming forward that are indicative of a greater knowledge of wrongdoings by the school. My guess is that we'll soon find out Hocutt knew he was accepting dirty ponzi scheme money. Plus, as soon as lawyers start trying to recoup gifts and money for the clients scammed by Shapiro, I think players will start to roll over on the U.

We all know the proper useage of begging the question, MTown.

which begs the question: "Do we?"

Back