AP game summary doesn't hold back on GT

tumblr_mu8rfaLf7g1rioo2yo1_250.gif

Associated Press writer be like..
Now THAT is a perfect looping .gif!

Sounds like it was written by a pussy.

Fixed.

And LOL at the gimmick thing. UNC had our blueprint back in 2008, remember? They gave it to LSU for the bowl game. Miami and Iowa used it in 2009, but apparently most teams forgot about it as our offense was consistently top 25 in the nation with mediocre talent. I'm curious as to how the writer defines "increasingly" looks like a gimmick, because I seem to remember only 2 years ago when our offense was #1 in the nation. We have one bad season last year with a rash of injuries and then lose yesterday against a top 5 team and that is supposed to show that we're "figured out"?

Everything the AP said was deserving. Did you watch the game? Hard to argue a damn thing written.

Everything the AP said was deserving. Did you watch the game? Hard to argue a damn thing written.
Did you watch the last 8 seasons? Our offense has been good far more often than it has been bad. It is incredible far more often than has been terrible. Last night ööööing sucked, but it was against a top 5 team.

The "increasingly looks like a gimmick that other teams have figured out" comment is a joke.

Fixed.

And LOL at the gimmick thing. UNC had our blueprint back in 2008, remember? They gave it to LSU for the bowl game. Miami and Iowa used it in 2009, but apparently most teams forgot about it as our offense was consistently top 25 in the nation with mediocre talent. I'm curious as to how the writer defines "increasingly" looks like a gimmick, because I seem to remember only 2 years ago when our offense was #1 in the nation. We have one bad season last year with a rash of injuries and then lose yesterday against a top 5 team and that is supposed to show that we're "figured out"?

Other teams get a pass by being labeled mediocre. Tech being bad means we've been figured out and will never win again.

In other news, teams that have Elite talent expose teams that don't.

A bit of a stretch given the gut punching end to the first half.

We were competitive in this game but it appeared to get ugly quick.

It cannot be overstated that Clemson had a bye (without having one) on Saturday while we played an actual FBS team. Remember Miami Thursday night in 2009?

Not an excuse, but it irritated me when the announcers were giving Clemson D so much credit for preparing for the offense so well on a "short week". They 'speculated' earlier that they may have spent some time preparing for GT the week of SC State. You think?

Again, not an excuse. We should expect every regular opponent to do something similar from now on. Many will either schedule a bye, a weak opponent, or a weaker opponent with similar offense.

Every team that plays us sets aside some time in spring or summer practices to prepare for our offense..the so called bye week advantage is BS

Fixed.

Yes

Did you watch the last 8 seasons? Our offense has been good far more often than it has been bad. It is incredible far more often than has been terrible. Last night ööööing sucked, but it was against a top 5 team.

The "increasingly looks like a gimmick that other teams have figured out" comment is a joke.
You're wrong. Like all liberals, you're pretty much wrong about everything.

Our offense has become progressively worse as the blocking has become. There is one common denominator and that is Sewak.

We'll see by season's end.

Since CPJ has been here, 3 schools have made better hires (clem, fsu, duke). Miami probably too. Only 1 of those guys would be successful at Tech.
Wasn't Cutcliffe hired the same year as CPJ? I think they're both the longest tenured ACC coaches now.

Back