Are cracks developing in Geoff’s plan?

That was a 30 point level of offensive output and you ****ing know it. Patenaude looked a lot better with an accurate QB who had at least 2 seconds to get rid of it.
Please stop this x pt level of offensive nonsense. This isn't valid excuse for a loss either

We’re still in the 24h bubble as arbitrary as that is. No point in not enjoying it. Hard to always tell too much from a season opener, but if the team/Sims can cleanup a few mistakes, I am excited for the season and future. Sims performance alone (stats) should be impressive enough for a true freshman making first start on the road but he definitely passes “the eye test”. FSU might be a shall of their former selves, but public perception wise, this was a great win to pull out. My phone was blowing up with texts about the win. All were from Dwag/SEC/Mich fans. They were starving for CFB just like we all have been and the underdog came back and pulled it out. Even got one “Holy öööö!!!!!” from one. They didn’t expect us to hang at all.

We’re still in the 24h bubble as arbitrary as that is. No point in not enjoying it. Hard to always tell too much from a season opener, but if the team/Sims can cleanup a few mistakes, I am excited for the season and future. Sims performance alone (stats) should be impressive enough for a true freshman making first start on the road but he definitely passes “the eye test”. FSU might be a shall of their former selves, but public perception wise, this was a great win to pull out. My phone was blowing up with texts about the win. All were from Dwag/SEC/Mich fans. They were starving for CFB just like we all have been and the underdog came back and pulled it out. Even got one “Holy öööö!!!!!” from one. They didn’t expect us to hang at all.
Yeah me too!
It was an eye catcher for sure for the people who desperately wants some college football action.

Amazing what having a Coach who wants and likes to recruit can do. Also a coach who is willing to “sell” not just Georgia Tech the Institution but the city of Atlanta in recruitment. Last night shows it’s working.
Loved the Atlanta branding on the back of the helmets

Loved the Atlanta branding on the back of the helmets
Can you imagine FSU branding Tallahassee? UGAg branding Athens? It would look stupid. Atlanta is a draw for recruits. If you were gonna brand Athens, may as well put "cesspool" or "ööööhole" on the helmet

Can you imagine FSU branding Tallahassee? UGAg branding Athens? It would look stupid. Atlanta is a draw for recruits. If you were gonna brand Athens, may as well put "cesspool" or "ööööhole" on the helmet
They do. It's the Packer "G" combined with the Yale Bulldog and their continuous playing of that Yankee song. They all add up to Cesspool, ööööhole, or whatever penal name you choose. It is all there.

They do. It's the Packer "G" combined with the Yale Bulldog and their continuous playing of that Yankee song. They all add up to Cesspool, ööööhole, or whatever penal name you choose. It is all there.
A Gagger fan near us last year got upset because "Budweiser" ruined their stupid, copied, "hold up your phone's flashlight" cadence thing at the end of the third quarter. Apparently, we shouldn't have done Budweiser, but should have observed the most awesome spectacle in college football - phone flashlights

Helps that we were on ABC, and not buried on ACCN blacked out of Comcast.

What I find curious is that the Defense held FSU to 13 points essentially winning the game for us; but Patenaude is being heralded as a great coordinator whereas I bet I am the first poster to mention Thacker's name.

What I find curious is that the Defense held FSU to 13 points essentially winning the game for us; but Patenaude is being heralded as a great coordinator whereas I bet I am the first poster to mention Thacker's name.
What I find curious is that we've all been praising the GT D all night and morning, and Thacker has been praised nationally, whereas I bet you are the first poster to not notice that.

The diff is that our OC has been unfairly maligned by idiots (why, you may even know one), and last night showed what our OC can do with the basic pieces in place. So it is noteworthy to discuss him. Thacker has no idiots to my knowledge trying to get him fired for no damn reason, so it is not noteworthy to spend time discussing him. Of course, I have not delved deeply into the fever swamp of the Fans Against Geoff, so it is possible people wanted to fire Thacker before last night. Is that the case?

Back