• Yes

Votes: 83 37.4%
  • No

Votes: 139 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing against the guy’s age or his football knowledge, but do we really want to hire a 63 year old guy who will be crucified by our fanbase after his first loss and then picked on by the buzzards called Atlanta sports media? How long is he gonna want to do that? When you look at his resume you can see he turned programs around in lower levels of competition but do those schools come with the expectations of our fanbase? I don’t see one program on that list that’s as stressful as being Tech head coach. How long would you want to do that if you’re 63? We’re going back to this bullshit coaching search in 5 years maximum if he can survive that long and that’s not saying he will be dog öööö, that’s saying he won’t put up with it. I don’t know if I would at 63 unless it’s my school.

+ If you're a stud edge rusher from Grayson, you're probably not getting fizzy over a retirement-age coach who's been at Tulane since before puberty and who posted a losing record there.

+ If you're a stud edge rusher from Grayson, you're probably not getting fizzy over a retirement-age coach who's been at Tulane since before puberty and who posted a losing record there.
Maybe he’ll tell him “Hey remember that 2014 Georgia Tech team that was ranked top 10 at the end of the season? I almost beat that team.”

We’ll they got fizzy over an almost 50 year old in skinny jeans with a squirrel pelt on his head; maybe the old man can get them worked up too. He may actually coach football too

We’ll they got fizzy over an almost 50 year old in skinny jeans with a squirrel pelt on his head; maybe the old man can get them worked up too. He may actually coach football too

I wonder what all day breakfast establishment Fritz frequents.

Disappointed it is not Jamey Chadwell... Should have hired Fritz in 2018 after CPJ retired...

At this point I can’t tell if I would be more surprised that he’s hired or that his agent used this to get him a bigger contract at Tulane

Nothing against the guy’s age or his football knowledge, but do we really want to hire a 63 year old guy who will be crucified by our fanbase after his first loss and then picked on by the buzzards called Atlanta sports media? How long is he gonna want to do that? When you look at his resume you can see he turned programs around in lower levels of competition but do those schools come with the expectations of our fanbase? I don’t see one program on that list that’s as stressful as being Tech head coach. How long would you want to do that if you’re 63? We’re going back to this bullshit coaching search in 5 years maximum if he can survive that long and that’s not saying he will be dog öööö, that’s saying he won’t put up with it. I don’t know if I would at 63 unless it’s my school.
Brent Key will be our man when Fritz retires. Brent will be in his early fifties 6-8 years from now.

At this point I can’t tell if I would be more surprised that he’s hired or that his agent used this to get him a bigger contract at Tulane
It will be a very sad day if we got punked by a Tulane coach. It sounds like the Coastal Carolina coach already told us thanks, but nah.

I'd rather have monken than fritz. Similar lack of p5 hc exp, but better results and has succeeded at tech. I guess fritz may have better ga hs connections.

But at this point I'm inclined to ride it out with key over monken. He's done about as well as we could've hoped given the situation. Looking back at the post-game analysis for our first few games seems like years ago with how bad we were at everything then. Tell him to take a mediocre contract for a few years while he establishes himself so we can dump it into the recruiting budget and build.

So JBatt is willing to spend $8 million in addition to the $10 million we are already going to have to pay Collins??? Tech athletics will never recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back