Arik Gilbert in Transfer Portal

stingmeyall

Flats Noob
I know this kid seems to have some off field issues that have kept him from significant PT at THUGA and LSShoo but when this kid was coming out of Marietta HS he was the national Gatorade player of the year and....also a TE, which we need desperately. Is it worth a flyer to see if he would be interested in the flats?

I know this kid seems to have some off field issues that have kept him from significant PT at THUGA and LSShoo but when this kid was coming out of Marietta HS he was the national Gatorade player of the year and....also a TE, which we need desperately. Is it worth a flyer to see if he would be interested in the flats?
He’s a cancer. Has no interest in team. Has no interest in education. Why would we want him?

Not Gilbert, but we do not a tight end. The kid last year got knocked around quite a bit. I was surprised he transferred in and looked as though he had never been on a weight program.

Not Gilbert, but we do not a tight end. The kid last year got knocked around quite a bit. I was surprised he transferred in and looked as though he had never been on a weight program.
We have a transfer in already.

Phenomenal talent on paper… but he’s barely played anywhere he’s been. Makes me wonder if the output is worth the drama.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Whatever he’s missing isn’t likely to be found at Georgia Tech.

Good background on Gilbert in video below.....

From Marietta. He seriously is at a crossroads in his life. He can head down the wrong path, and serve as an example to others, or, he can right the ship and overcome his demons, serving as an example to others.

I'd like to see him be a Demaryus Thomas, who overcame a lot in his life to succeed, serve as an example of good to others, and became beloved by Georgia Tech and NFL fans.

Back