Arizona president says fall football increasingly unlikely, more answers needed

Interesting read on ESPN talking about the economic impact to the schools if no football. Article raised the possibility of having a season in the winter/spring.

I think that there will be some football, perhaps, starting a bit later in September.

A lot of athletic programs will be in serious financial trouble without the revenue.

If there is no on campus classes there’s going to be an even bigger impact than athletic budgets.

If you are a freshman (or even a sophomore) why would you pay for a semester of online classes at a four year school when you could get the same credits by taking them via a community college and save 10s of thousands of dollars.

If there is no on campus classes there’s going to be an even bigger impact than athletic budgets.

If you are a freshman (or even a sophomore) why would you pay for a semester of online classes at a four year school when you could get the same credits by taking them via a community college and save 10s of thousands of dollars.

If higher education was based on rational investment this would happen in any year...

and Arizona playing ot not is a real "If a tree falls in the forest..." moment. Would anybody outside of AZ notice?

If there is a 2nd wave, you can kiss the '20 football season goodbye. Just read a report about a bunch of rednecks partying without masks in a lake in the Ozarks. Good luck with that...

Ignorance is bliss my friend. Being outside and in hot weather is actually good. Staying inside does hinder your immune system. Stop listening to the drive-by media who wants you to believe everything they say.

If there is a 2nd wave, you can kiss the '20 football season goodbye. Just read a report about a bunch of rednecks partying without masks in a lake in the Ozarks. Good luck with that...
There is no second wave. Hell, there was barely a first wave. We've been duped by those that want this nation destroyed. When you see governors, who have the best and latest information, walking around in groups with no masks, you realize those "in the know" are confident there's no threat.

Oh now they are just being sily

The CFP happening after poor revenue from the BCS was all the evidence I needed, especially after a decade of the NCAA saying a playoff would never work because final exams. Now they have to get football going to save the profit margins of the "amateur" business, possibly putting the student athletes at risk for what they always say is the second of two priorities. And those student athletes tend to come from lower-income backgrounds too, which won't play well in the media.

I desperately hope we can watch football safely this fall, but if it doesn't happen, I'll pour an Elijah Craig and read article after article about the financial collapse of the people who took away our 2009 ACC title. And I hope after it all burns down, something better may replace it.

ban

for not being smart enough to understand immunity, fraud or misrepresentation. please stay inside and weaken your immune system so you're the first one affected by the next flu strain. survival of the fittest is not a short-term theory, my friend.

West Coast teams say they are gonna play, and they are quite offended at the suggestion they wouldn't

That's cute that they think their rulers would allow them to make their own decisions.

Gotta love College Football, it will show people one way or another whether life is ready return to some kind of normal - politicization be damned.

Notre Dame to play at Navy for first time...Ireland game cancelled.

Of the 100K+ deaths reported, the real number is half that. Then add the fact that 26,000 deaths were at senior care facilities. This was no thing worse than an average flu season. The method of reporting cause and symptoms was greatly flawed. Stay outside in the sun and fresh air. Tailgate, watch football, and be healthy.

CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza (Table 1). The number of influenza-associated illnesses that occurred last season was similar to the estimated number of influenza-associated illnesses during the 2012–2013 influenza season when an estimated 34 million people had symptomatic influenza illness.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nearly-2...ed-during-coronavirus-pandemic-federal-report
https://spectator.us/stanford-study-suggests-coronavirus-deadly-flu/
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

Back