Arizona president says fall football increasingly unlikely, more answers needed

Never been so excited about anything coming out of Arkansas.

The NCAA is going to need to set a date for schools to say they are either “in” or “out” with regard to playing football this year. Schools can make their own choices about fans and social distancing, but either you are playing or not. That deadline should be July 1. Those who want to play but who have schools on their schedule who opt out then have time to fill out their schedule.

If you do not do it this way, schools who don’t want to play can ruin it for those who want to play. Nothing like a slow trickle of decisions not to play right up through August to create the necessity of calling the whole thing off.

The NCAA is going to need to set a date for schools to say they are either “in” or “out” with regard to playing football this year. Schools can make their own choices about fans and social distancing, but either you are playing or not. That deadline should be July 1. Those who want to play but who have schools on their schedule who opt out then have time to fill out their schedule.

If you do not do it this way, schools who don’t want to play can ruin it for those who want to play. Nothing like a slow trickle of decisions not to play right up through August to create the necessity of calling the whole thing off.

Would need to have some teeth to it. I guess contracts have already been signed, so if a school forfeits they should have to pay up according to whatever is in the contract. Intra-conference games can be decided by the conference.

On a related note, I heard on FBN the NFL may announce their schedule as early as Thursday.

German soccer league restarting with 2 week camp/quarantine then games with no fans.

So far, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, N.C. State, Virginia and Virginia Tech have all publicly stated the goal of having campuses open for fall classes, assuming that health officials advise it is safe to do so.

Four other ACC schools - Duke, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Wake Forest - say they are examining multiple scenarios for a potential return in the fall.

Boston College and Florida State haven't specifically addressed plans for reopening campus this fall.

There's also Notre Dame, a member of all league sports outside of its football independence.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/more-half-acc-football-schools-aim-reopen-fall-195405068--ncaaf.html

Universities should offer early retirement, sabbaticals, or online options to faculty and staff who are at high risk. The athletic departments should offer refunds to ticket holders who are unwilling to take the risk of being in a stadium. Athletes should be allowed to transfer to another program if their current school is not going to participate in fall sports. Then, let toe meet leather.

Fauci said no more school until a vaccine. I wonder if anyone asked him what if we don't ever get a vaccine? I swear if I could win lottery right now I would start my own league Covid be damned.

Rand called out Fauci for doing what I said experts do wrong. Fauci admitted he was only capable of hammering his nail, and was oblivious to any other options or even if hammering was best.

Doesn't this require an NCAA-wide decision? Or at the least an SEC-wide decision?
NCAA just said it’s upto schools and local governments. They won’t interfere or make the decision.

Back