Artificial Turf Returns?

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like
I'm not an ME, but doesn't technology exist to recirc the working fluid down into the relatively cooler ground water to cool it? Down here in Florida where the water table is shallow they sometimes use a geo-thermal "assist" to help your air conditioning by passing the fluid thru the ground water. I wonder where the water table is on campus? :dancingwtc:
Yes geo thermal tech can take the water down into the earth where the ground can be as cool as mid 50’s F.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
Let’s make a statement. No reason to have a green field. Let’s have it in school colors.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
Very happy with a green field and gold end zone with white letters or green end zone and gold letters with a white outline.

DaDodd

Varsity Lurker
I'm pretty sure the NCAA made a rule that teams are no longer allowed to have non-green colored fields, but teams like Boise St that already have them are be grandfathered in. Although I think Coastal Carolina has a turquoise field which is close to green. I know the NFL has a non-green field rule called the Boise State Rule.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I'll admit, the gold turf in these mock-ups looks much better than I would've thought, but a computer model and the real thing are not always one in the same. I still would imagine that gold turf would be very underwhelming in person.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
McCamish had a gold paint on the court that looked a little green a couple years ago. Hope they don't go with that.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Only if you use it as "once pass-thru" meaning you run it thru the pipes and then discard it. Otherwise you are just recirculating 115 º water and you don't want to do that. Water is relatively cheap and you could pass it thru but the Green weenies would frown upon such "wastefulness" and will shut the Athletic Department down.
This is weird. I missed a discussion of a cooling system consisting of a closed loop with no radiator or other heat releasing portion?