Artificial Turf Returns?

texstinger

Dodd-Like
During the pregame playing ( I mean kneeling) of the National Anthem & GT Alma Mater - instead of the band spelling the GT logo they will spell something else.

Will be entertaining watching them move about to different formations on their knees instead of marching upright.

sowegajacket

Idiotsavant
During the pregame playing ( I mean kneeling) of the National Anthem & GT Alma Mater - instead of the band spelling the GT logo they will spell something else.

Will be entertaining watching them move about to different formations on their knees instead of marching upright.
But no grass stains!

GoGATech

Big Dummy
The turf is down and is green for anybody wondering. Not sure if it's been sewn together yet. I have seen a pic but don't have one to share. No logos or anything yet so hopefully that all will be painted and not sewn in.

Jacketeer

Flats Noob
Slightly off topic; is it true that we didn't run out from behind the Wreck in COFH last year? Thought I read that somewhere, but man that is scary if true.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Slightly off topic; is it true that we didn't run out from behind the Wreck in COFH last year? Thought I read that somewhere, but man that is scary if true.
Pretty sure we ran out behind it, but the wreck came out way before the team most every game last year. The team intro seemed very unorganized/weird last year. I think they were trying to do something a little different, but everybody wasn't on the same page. CGC puts emphasis on those things so hopefully all that is fixed this season.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Pretty sure we ran out behind it, but the wreck came out way before the team most every game last year. The team intro seemed very unorganized/weird last year. I think they were trying to do something a little different, but everybody wasn't on the same page. CGC puts emphasis on those things so hopefully all that is fixed this season.
We've managed to do it for years without looking stupid until this past season. I blame CGC for ööööing it up for a juice party or some öööö more than I trust that he’ll get it right.

JRjr

BuzzedATL

Varsity Lurker
Last year’s run out was terrible. I can’t even comprehend what they were trying to accomplish by having the Wreck go and then all the cheerleaders go and then finally the team. It looks best when the players are swarming behind the Wreck and running alongside it.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Last year’s run out was terrible. I can’t even comprehend what they were trying to accomplish by having the Wreck go and then all the cheerleaders go and then finally the team. It looks best when the players are swarming behind the Wreck and running alongside it.
This. Cheerleaders run out before the Wreck and the team follows it. It isn’t hard.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
We've managed to do it for years without looking stupid until this past season. I blame CGC for ööööing it up for a juice party or some öööö more than I trust that he’ll get it right.

JRjr
This. It looked horrible for the first game. Then it looked horrible for the second. Then it looked horrible the rest of the season. I mean it's okay to give cgc credit for some things but if you can't figure out that something is ööööed up during the season I don't have any hope that it's suddenly going to be fixed after the offseason.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
The team stayed in the tunnel longer with the strobe lights going and whatnot. That’s fine, just hold the Wreck up until the team is ready to hit the field.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
The team stayed in the tunnel longer with the strobe lights going and whatnot. That’s fine, just hold the Wreck up until the team is ready to hit the field.
It was because they decided to run something like 10 squads of cheerleaders out behind the Wreck. Cheerleaders used to run in front and lined up in front of the break through banner. Now there is no banner and the cheerleaders file in behind the Wreck and there’s too damned many of them involved. It puts the team coming out when the Wreck is turning the corner in the south endzone.