As for the Sugar Bowl

and on cue ...

https://www.redandblack.com/sports/...cle_c6562b40-0e60-11e9-b0e6-dbc10ea4ccff.html

and they can't even get the name of the city right.
https://ugawire.com/2019/01/02/uga-...with-teams-sugar-bowl-performance-leadership/

Or, Texas and Coach Herman are better than you. Both teams were playing in the damn Sugar Bowl, not Detroit. I saw Fromm get knocked to his ass multiple times. And uga had 72 yards rushing on 30 attempts. Texas' defense wasn't playing around. And Texas' QB was tough as nails, picking up hard first downs all night.

:orlyflag:

167777d376bcfa784a1499b249665496.jpg

And here I was thinking that he changed the wording a bit to avoid a plagiarism accusation.
we did not want to play here or there
since we didn't get a playoff invite
we don't want to play anywhere
not in new Orleans
not on TV
not in the playoffs?
you let us be.
We do not like being the best 3 loss team in the land
We do not like it, hershel, I am.

https://ugawire.com/2019/01/02/uga-...with-teams-sugar-bowl-performance-leadership/

Or, Texas and Coach Herman are better than you. Both teams were playing in the damn Sugar Bowl, not Detroit. I saw Fromm get knocked to his ass multiple times. And uga had 72 yards rushing on 30 attempts. Texas' defense wasn't playing around. And Texas' QB was tough as nails, picking up hard first downs all night.

Texas ran a lot of option. Difference is they have a QB who was a threat to pass.

Texas ran a lot of option. Difference is they have a QB who was a threat to pass.

Ability to pass block, run block, receivers able to run real routes and make contested catches, qb able to throw with some accuracy. I guess it all helps

What I would like to know a little better is how did Texas confuse Fromm. I think they did it by moving people around such that he was having trouble 1) seeing who was coming and who wasn't, 2) by disguising whether they were in zone or man-to-man (i.e. by switching off coverage with player in motion such that Fromm thought the fact that if a db didn't follow a motion receiver that meant they were in zone when in fact they were staying in man-to-man just switching who they were covering), and 3) finally messing up UGA blocking with movement in DL and linebackers). But would love to hear someone with more defensive knowledge than me explain.

Of course your players still have to make plays.

What I would like to know a little better is how did Texas confuse Fromm. I think they did it by moving people around such that he was having trouble 1) seeing who was coming and who wasn't, 2) by disguising whether they were in zone or man-to-man (i.e. by switching off coverage with player in motion such that Fromm thought the fact that if a db didn't follow a motion receiver that meant they were in zone when in fact they were staying in man-to-man just switching who they were covering), and 3) finally messing up UGA blocking with movement in DL and linebackers). But would love to hear someone with more defensive knowledge than me explain.

Of course your players still have to make plays.
This to me was the key. Fromm was uncomfortable from the get go which allowed them to focus on stuffing the run game.

People forget the Notre Dame team Georgia beat that year got boatraced at Southern Cal.
People forget the Notre Dame team Georgia beat that year got tied by a pretty atrocious team from the N. Ave. Trade School.

EDIT: Should read the whole thread before I jump in with my astute observations.

Last edited:
Back