As for the Sugar Bowl

This to me was the key. Fromm was uncomfortable from the get go which allowed them to focus on stuffing the run game.

It also helped that he got slammed into the turf several times. He played afraid most of the game.

About half way through, Fromm started shaking his head after hits like he was rattled (maybe vision or balance issues). His accuracy went way down after that.

People forget the Notre Dame team Georgia beat that year got tied by a pretty atrocious team from the N. Ave. Trade School.

EDIT: Should read the whole thread before I jump in with my astute observations.

Nope, it is worth repeating.

What I would like to know a little better is how did Texas confuse Fromm. I think they did it by moving people around such that he was having trouble 1) seeing who was coming and who wasn't, 2) by disguising whether they were in zone or man-to-man (i.e. by switching off coverage with player in motion such that Fromm thought the fact that if a db didn't follow a motion receiver that meant they were in zone when in fact they were staying in man-to-man just switching who they were covering), and 3) finally messing up UGA blocking with movement in DL and linebackers). But would love to hear someone with more defensive knowledge than me explain.

Of course your players still have to make plays.

I think Texas's best LB this year (#44 I believe) sacrificed making his usual plays by giving ugag unfamiliar looks they were not ready for.

Kind of like the Nazis following Patton around because they just knew he would lead the D Day invasion.

i read a story in the last week about Kirby, when he was the Bama DC, calling Herman after Ohio State beat them and asking what the Buckeyes did.
I thought, dude, you're the coach. Figure that öööö out.
(paraphrasing an old story PJ told me from his days as the Ga Southern OC when they played Northern Iowa and UNI's head coach coached from the press box. As they took the elevator down to the field at the end of the game, the UNI head coach, Darrell Mudra, who also once coached FSU, said I told them if they stayed in that defense they were gonna get burned. PJ said to me, I thought, dude, you're the head coach. You can tell them to get the hell out of it.)

I'm reading some of the stuff that happened in New Orleans after they got their asses kicked. And it's beautiful. Texas fans showed dwags what they're like to everyone else.

We got back to our hotel and sat down in the lobby for a few to have a drink and in come the TX fans. Group was yelling at the top of their lungs that they won. They walked around the corner where we were sitting quietly with another very small group of Dawg fans (young kids). Those aholes turned the corner where we were sitting and yelled "ALL YOU DAWG FANS NEED TO PACK YOUR öööö NOW AND LEAVE." The other group of young Dawg fans got up and left the area. I didnt move from my seat. Then we walked outside to have a smoke and we were behind another small group of Dawg fans who were walking out too and we passed another small group of TX fans and one girl looked at the young lady in front of me and said "Ya'll should be embarrassed cause we just kicked ya'll's ass." Poor girl didnt have the stomach for it and had a look on her face like she was about to cry. We continued to walk out and I said to the young lady not to listen to that arrogant bitch and not let it get to her. All team fans have the arrogant aholes and sometimes you just gotta suck it up.

Cry bitch.

I'm reading some of the stuff that happened in New Orleans after they got their asses kicked. And it's beautiful. Texas fans showed dwags what they're like to everyone else.

Cry bitch.
Amazing how Gaggers don't realize how big of assholes they are, especially at football games, and play the "someone was mean to me" card when they lose

Cry bitch.

They walked outside to have a smoke?
Do they do that when they get back home to the double wide?

Amazing how Gaggers don't realize how big of assholes they are, especially at football games, and play the "someone was mean to me" card when they lose
I love the Texas fans flooding the hotel bars to celebrate and telling the uga fans who got there early to cry in their beers to get the hell out because they lost.

Goddamn I hope we get some fan base swagger like that with our new staff.

Back