ATL: Above the Line Watch: 2020

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I don't think its cute or dumb. I think its pretty smart. Its longer than a depth chart so more players get excited about seeing some playing time and its a little bit more information to clog the scouting reports by the other team. There's no harm in it so not sure why you are so opposed to it.
Players probably know who is starting and who is gonna play

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
You really think a P5 level coordinator can’t figure out who is the real starter after one game. So maybe we fool FSU for a few plays, but it’s not like Paterdude changes his offense based on personnel. So what does it matter?

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Meh... it's kinda dumb. I don't think it matters much to another team. If we had a better/more clear frontline of players there would be no mystery about who is starting. And even this, it really only matters about 1 position... QB.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
I don't think its cute or dumb. I think its pretty smart. Its longer than a depth chart so more players get excited about seeing some playing time and its a little bit more information to clog the scouting reports by the other team. There's no harm in it so not sure why you are so opposed to it.
Cause everyone, even our own players, know who’s with the 1s and who isn’t. It’s a worthless gimmick.

Jacketeer

Flats Noob
BJS nowhere to be seen since he asked to switch to RB. That's a lot of talent to never see the field...
Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think that was wise. LB is probably our thinnest position and RB our strongest, so I don't get it.

Same thing with Charlie Thomas. Why take our best playmaking LB and the only real force in our front 7 last year(Charlie) and move him to DB when we already have a plethora of DBs searching for playing time?

Last edited:

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Does injury make someone BTL? That could explain a few of the missing.

One thing I noticed is Juanyeh Thomas not doing punt returns anymore. He had a few fumbles doing it, so not surprised.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think that was wise. LB is probably our thinnest position, and RB our strongest, so I don't get it.

Same thing with Charlie Thomas. Why take our best playmaking LB and the only real force in our front 7 last year(Charlie) and move him to DB when we already have a plethora of DBs searching for playing time?
Bruce didn’t want to play there, that’s why they moved him. We’re better off with Howard there anyway, I think. He’s a little more explosive/athletic.

The Charlie Thomas thing confuses me, though I think he’ll be used more of a box safety/flexible linebacker type anyway so it may not matter. He’ll have a little more freedom to roam, and it won’t burn us as much when he gets out of position.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think that was wise. LB is probably our thinnest position, and RB our strongest, so I don't get it.

Charlie is at Nickel and will see the field a lot like he would have at LB. He is the more physical, run stopping nickel as opposed to some others who will be more in passing downs. Quez and Demetrius will be quite good at WILL and Quez can also play the Mike. Jerry will also get PT at Will.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
He's listed as 6'2 210. Seems appropriate for nickel.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
I hope and pray Howard can beat a block on a blitz. Watching a certain LB get stood up every time he slowly blitzes is depressing.

originalwombat

Damn Good Rat
You really think a P5 level coordinator can’t figure out who is the real starter after one game. So maybe we fool FSU for a few plays, but it’s not like Paterdude changes his offense based on personnel. So what does it matter?
I seriously doubt who Tech is starting at RG factors into their strategy.

But seriously, what's the story on a kicker? Two of the three listed have no picture or bio on RR.com. Any word coming out of practice?