Atlanta = Food & Bars

20-30 minimum with a good variety. Also, 3am food spot.

east atlanta has like 15 and a really good open til 3am food stop that was on Anthony Bordain's show; then there is Delias Chicken Sausage Stand that doesnt close from Friday night until Sunday 10pm which is better than the rest of the Krystals and McDs right there...

a brand new place (dont know the name)
elder tree
east atl lounge
flatiron
midway
the glenwood
the graveyard
the basement
529 bar (bunch of music)
the earl (really good music venue)
asylm (music i think too, its the old Echo Lounge)
my sisters room (lgbt)
marys (lgbt)
more restauranty:
tomatillos
holy taco
thai & sushi

not saying that East Atlanta is like NYC, its not, it much different. But it has a bunch of bars within walking distance. So does Highlands. And i remember in NYC getting in cabs between places we went to not really walk from place to place

when i lived in San Diego for a while, the area right by Mission / Pacific Beach has the highest concentration of bars that i have ever seen. i think its like 40 in 10 square blocks. The variety isnt too great but there are so many bars

east atlanta has like 15 and a really good open til 3am food stop that was on Anthony Bordain's show; then there is Delias Chicken Sausage Stand that doesnt close from Friday night until Sunday 10pm which is better than the rest of the Krystals and McDs right there...

elder tree
east atl lounge
flatiron
midway
the glenwood
the graveyard
the basement
529 bar (bunch of music)
my sisters room (lgbt)
marys (lgbt)
more restauranty:
tomatillos
holy taco
thai & sushi

not saying that East Atlanta is like NYC, its not, it much different. But it has a bunch of bars within walking distance. So does Highlands. And i remember in NYC getting in cabs between places we went to not really walk from place to place

when i lived in San Diego for a while, the area right by Mission / Pacific Beach has the highest concentration of bars that i have ever seen. i think its like 40 in 10 square blocks. The variety isnt too great but there are so many bars

The new place is Argosy, which is pretty good from what I hear.

And, you forgot SOBA (I know you give a nod to Octopus Bar, but ...)
Grant Central Pizza (rivals Savage, IMO)
Urban Cannibals

There are two more places opening up (in the space where the junk store was and the space where Feed Your Head was located)

elder tree
east atl lounge
flatiron
midway
the glenwood
the graveyard
the basement
529 bar (bunch of music)
my sisters room (lgbt)
marys (lgbt)
more restauranty:
tomatillos
holy taco
thai & sushi

Yea, nyc wasn't on my list for a reason. I'll have to get out to san Diego and check that area out sometime. DuPont and clematis from my earlier lists are the ones that stand out to me as being the most concentrated. Clematis in particular has about 5 clubs and 20 bars in 4-5 blocks. I'm partial to the pizza by the slice and gyro restaurants.

San Diego has a few "sections" PacificB/MissionB/OceanB is the beachy area, then you have the "Gaslamp" district that is downtown and has a bunch of bars restaurant and more clubby, nearer to the harbor and airport; and then you have the more alt section called Hillcrest

San Diego has a few "sections" PacificB/MissionB/OceanB is the beachy area, then you have the "Gaslamp" district that is downtown and has a bunch of bars restaurant and more clubby, nearer to the harbor and airport; and then you have the more alt section called Hillcrest

My mom grew up on Coronado and I've been to San Diego tons of times. Did you ever go to Jim Croce's wife's place? We went there for lunch (gaslamp district) and she came over. He's probably before your time (Bad, Bad Leroy Brown and Time in a Bottle). Harbor Island has some places too. The Red Velvet cake at Hotel Coronado was still special a few years ago, but the rest of the food was mediocre at best.

My mom grew up on Coronado and I've been to San Diego tons of times. Did you ever go to Jim Croce's wife's place? We went there for lunch (gaslamp district) and she came over. He's probably before your time (Bad, Bad Leroy Brown and Time in a Bottle). Harbor Island has some places too. The Red Velvet cake at Hotel Coronado was still special a few years ago, but the rest of the food was mediocre at best.

You're talking about Ingrid Croce's restaurant.

"Operator" was one of Jim Croce's songs I remember well. You should use this for your avatar, like CPJ=Master Yoda did with John Denver.

to be honest i guess i have to include traffic.

I'm late arriving to this thread, and haven't read all the posts, but surely you should've also included strippers amirite?

You're talking about Ingrid Croce's restaurant.

"Operator" was one of Jim Croce's songs I remember well. You should use this for your avatar, like CPJ=Master Yoda did with John Denver.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jim-Croce-r01.jpg

Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown was my favorite as a kid. I had to leave out the "öööö" part though. I'm not a huge fan of his, but had seen Ingrid was running a place on TV. It was more of a bar/restaurant, not fine dining. I don't even know if it's still there, we went there around 1996.

Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown was my favorite as a kid. I had to leave out the "öööö" part though. I'm not a huge fan of his, but had seen Ingrid was running a place on TV. It was more of a bar/restaurant, not fine dining. I don't even know if it's still there, we went there around 1996.

There was a cartoon video for that song that I liked as a kid. They would show it on the Sonny and Cher Show. There were only 5 channels at the time.

Last edited:
Back