Attendance

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Since it came up in the game thread, announced attendance yesterday was 35K and change, up from 33K the week before. Number were surely bolstered by KSU fans - there were a lot of them, though not more than 25% if I had to guess.

It’s a bad number that’s presumably impacted by COVID as well as the performance on the field.

JRjr

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
Since it came up in the game thread, announced attendance yesterday was 35K and change, up from 33K the week before. Number were surely bolstered by KSU fans - there were a lot of them, though not more than 25% if I had to guess.

It’s a bad number that’s presumably impacted by COVID as well as the performance on the field.

JRjr
I wouldn’t even throw covid in the mix here, it’s just straight up performance.

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow

JRjr
Didn't look that high. From the Lower West it looked like 20-25k.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I was there. I can only be one person. If other GT fans don't show up, öööö them.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
South endzone being 2/3 empty just looks bad and the AD should do something about it with either incentives or punishment if it's still on-request block seating

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
South endzone being 2/3 empty just looks bad and the AD should do something about it with either incentives or punishment if it's still on-request block seating
What is lower West looking like? From upper West, Club section looks awful. About 10% of butts in seats.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
What is lower West looking like? From upper West, Club section looks awful. About 10% of butts in seats.
I dunno. I was in lower west for first half and didn't stick around much into the third after moving to UN

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I sit right next to the Club section, and there were more people in there yesterday than on a normal hot day, at least in the area right over the rail from me. There were more people in my section than the previous week, and more in Upper North. West side looked about the same.

JRjr

gtg970g

Dodd-Like
There were not more people in attendance this week than last. Student attendance down. General attendance down.
I was actually surprised by the number of students who came out for the game. We sit in lower west and upper east looked as barren as I can remember. A good many empty seats around us so we got to sit in stinger seats the whole game. The were so much better than prior version. Will order them myself next season.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Club seating was one of the all time dumb AA moves right behind Bobinski and the Hewitt contract. That section either needs to be reduced in size by half or don’t broadcast the game underneath the stands or both. Ideally, they take the front half of club and make it student standing area/swarm. Then back half can be Club Med for people who like to hang out in A/C while the game is on.

in fact, move half of club seating to the south end zone and make it bar style seating ala chophouse.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Lower west seems to have the best attendance
Always has IMO. We have a serious disadvantage putting gold seaters behind the opposing teams bench also. I get that money is everything in this game but so is winning. Students behind them would have potentially helped us win at least 1 or 2 games over the last 20 years if they got loud enough. Surely this is just a wrong opinion I have though.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Club seating was one of the all time dumb AA moves right behind Bobinski and the Hewitt contract. That section either needs to be reduced in size by half or don’t broadcast the game underneath the stands or both. Ideally, they take the front half of club and make it student standing area/swarm. Then back half can be Club Med for people who like to hang out in A/C while the game is on.

in fact, move half of club seating to the south end zone and make it bar style seating ala chophouse.
Hell put the band there

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
i went to one game last year. prior to that, i've missed one home game in 20 years.
the mask nazis were the main factor....
this year, idgaf. parking is becoming more and more of a CF... add in the rampant street crime and i frankly don't care to go.

i'm not driving 300 miles each way for this circus.
So if they were winning you would go or it’s cause you’ve become a grumpy old man?

ThomsonJacket

I don't know

JRjr
Even Tennessee was at about 75% attendance, i think i saw that right. Very few schools have packed stadiums anymore. Covid along with costs and the ease of watching from home or on the go with cell phones has lowered in-person viewing.

I was actually surprised by the number of students who came out for the game. We sit in lower west and upper east looked as barren as I can remember. A good many empty seats around us so we got to sit in stinger seats the whole game. The were so much better than prior version. Will order them myself next season.
I am in the upper east, and you are right. It is bleak up there now. Before DRad's ticket fee it was almost full for most games. After the ticket fee started, it decreased by probably 25 % . It has continued decreasing each year since then, and yesterday was pathetic.