Auburn to ACC?

Auburn is not a bigger brand than FSU.

Maybe on par with Clemson.

Miami is even a pretty big brand, despite ööööty game attendance.

UNC will leverage MJ forever.

While I think the little "article" is in jest, it definitely brings up a valid point. Being at the bottom of a mega conference like the SEC is a hard place to get out of.

Georgia Tech has more SEC championships in football than Kentucky, MSST, Arkansas, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt COMBINED and we left the conference in 1964. Tech has 5 SEC titles which is only 3 fewer than Auburn. How many more do you think Auburn is going to get after you add Texas and Oklahoma? Not many.

SEC Football Championships.png

College football is dominated by a handful of schools and it will just get worse. I understand these mega conferences due to $$$ but it is going to suck for fans of schools that are use to 10-2, 9-3 records.
At least a big time school in the ACC or Big 12 has a chance in an expanded playoff format.

I was curious about our record against them and was surprised it's dead even: 24-24-1 (0.500). It would be fairly exciting to re-ignite that rivalry by being in the same conference.
Are you talking about Auburn? I’m pretty sure we’ve played them many more times than that.

A couple thoughts come to mind:

1. Would this be a protected rivalry with Tech?
2. As much as this is tongue-in-cheek it brings up positives that all apply to GT. Next year the goal is to win the ACC Championship and get a bid to the playoffs.
3. Key and Batt are doing a good job of pumping up the ACC when talking to the media. I think the ACC as a whole needs to do better self-promotion. There has been a lot of exciting conference games this year.

A couple thoughts come to mind:

1. Would this be a protected rivalry with Tech?
2. As much as this is tongue-in-cheek it brings up positives that all apply to GT. Next year the goal is to win the ACC Championship and get a bid to the playoffs.
3. Key and Batt are doing a good job of pumping up the ACC when talking to the media. I think the ACC as a whole needs to do better self-promotion. There has been a lot of exciting conference games this year.
The ACC needs a bigger payout per school. That cures all. FSU and Clemson wouldn't be complaining about a damn thing in the off-season if we were getting 90% to 95% of the SEC payout. That would be what could attract an Auburn, Florida, or Tennessee to the ACC.

I was curious about our record against them and was surprised it's dead even: 24-24-1 (0.500). It would be fairly exciting to re-ignite that rivalry by being in the same conference.
That is incorrect. Our overall record against Auburn is 41-47-4. Actually, I thought Tech had the lead in the series, but this is what shows in the Tech Media Guide.

Auburn is not a bigger brand than FSU.

Maybe on par with Clemson.

Miami is even a pretty big brand, despite ööööty game attendance.

UNC will leverage MJ forever.
Sort of depends on what you mean by brand versus something like net worth.

Miami does have a big Brand with a wide fan base but the local fan size keeps them from being a high revenue program.

Auburn has had a bigger fan base than Clemson but the recent success may have change that. Auburn does have more alumni.

FSU is likely bigger than those 2 but I can’t figure out why they struggle to sell out.

Vandy is obviously just along for the ride at this point, but I do wonder what happens to a school like South Carolina that loves football, but is gonna be around .100 in conference games for the foreseeable future and not gonna make any bowls unless they have an OOC slate full of absolute nobodies. What happens to their program when attendance/interest plummets. Do they leave on their own? Does the conference force them out for not pulling their weight?

This is why we should just be doing a tiered system with Pro/Rel.

Sort of depends on what you mean by brand versus something like net worth.

Miami does have a big Brand with a wide fan base but the local fan size keeps them from being a high revenue program.

Auburn has had a bigger fan base than Clemson but the recent success may have change that. Auburn does have more alumni.

FSU is likely bigger than those 2 but I can’t figure out why they struggle to sell out.
Because everytime you go to a game in Tallahassee, it is a two night stay, minimum, at a stupid high rate.

Vandy is obviously just along for the ride at this point, but I do wonder what happens to a school like South Carolina that loves football, but is gonna be around .100 in conference games for the foreseeable future and not gonna make any bowls unless they have an OOC slate full of absolute nobodies. What happens to their program when attendance/interest plummets. Do they leave on their own? Does the conference force them out for not pulling their weight?

Where else would all those Cock fans go? There's absolutley nothing to do in Columbia, SC.

Vandy is obviously just along for the ride at this point, but I do wonder what happens to a school like South Carolina that loves football, but is gonna be around .100 in conference games for the foreseeable future. What happens to their program when attendance/interest plummets. Do they leave on their own? Does the conference force them out for not pulling their weight?

South Carolina couldn't get back into the ACC if they somehow get booted from the SEC. They pretty much were runnoft from the ACC for ööööty academics and barely being a functional university. They haven't changed much. Plus, Columbia probably rivals Starkville for a ööööty town.

South Carolina couldn't get back into the ACC if they somehow get booted from the SEC. They pretty much were runnoft from the ACC for ööööty academics and barely being a functional university. They haven't changed much. Plus, Columbia probably rivals Starkville for a ööööty town.

To be fair we let Louisville in since then.

Back